LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 41 Old 01-25-2018, 04:39 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Mirrors

Hi guys!
Really want to change the mirrors on my red/black 2016 GSXS but I don't want bar end ones.

The mirrors on the 2017 GSXSF look really nice... But I'm not sure if they will suit my naked version.

Any advice?

Can you recommend
post #2 of 41 Old 01-26-2018, 08:46 AM

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellz.draego View Post
Hi guys!
Really want to change the mirrors on my red/black 2016 GSXS but I don't want bar end ones.

The mirrors on the 2017 GSXSF look really nice... But I'm not sure if they will suit my naked version.

Any advice?

Can you recommend
Might want to have a look at this thread: https://www.gsxs1000.org/forum/gsxs-1...3-mirrors.html

2016 GSX-S1000 ABS Red & Black

Past Bikes:
FZ-1
GSX-R 1000
R-6 (Track Only)
YZF-600R
NightHawk 550
NightHawk 750
V-45 Sabre
Katana 600
XS-650
post #3 of 41 Old 01-26-2018, 09:42 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverYZF View Post
Might want to have a look at this thread: https://www.gsxs1000.org/forum/gsxs-1...3-mirrors.html
A lot of talk, but very little specific information in that thread.

My Blog
Current Bikes:2007 Yamaha FJR1300AE | 2016 Suzuki GSX-S1000 | 1998 KTM 250 EXC | 2001 Suzuki DRZ-400E
Family Bikes: 2006 Honda CRF70F | 2005 Honda CRF230F

post #4 of 41 Old 01-26-2018, 10:40 AM

Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Garage
https://m.ebay.com/itm/Universal-CNC...d=581437061096
I use these, they say they don't fit but they do. Not better than stock but look nicer and lower profile. Ordered without logo, but came with rizoma printed on it, oh well.
post #5 of 41 Old 01-26-2018, 11:09 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 390 Post(s)
I had assumed the naked and F had the same mirrors, but upon close inspection of pics, it looks like the F has a bulkier mirror with a shell around it and the naked has a typical flat mirror. After putting extenders on mine to be able to see around my arms, they worked well, but really looked gosh-awful - reminds me of those little demons in the movie Gremlins. Not sure the reasons you want to change, but I don't think the F mirrors would be any kind of advantage on the naked. We have some warming today, so looking forward to trying out my new CRG bar-ends this afternoon.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Gremlin2.jpg (39.2 KB, 20 views)

--Gary

2016 GSX-S1000F, Red/Black
2014 V-Strom 1000
2012 DR650
2011 Burgman 400
2007 Honda Helix
2013 DL650 - Sold
post #6 of 41 Old 01-26-2018, 11:57 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Thanks for the advice and the link... I'll check it out
post #7 of 41 Old 01-26-2018, 12:35 PM

Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Garage
I have a set of these on my naked, great quality, solid units, a bit fiddly to set up initially as all planes of movement are secured with allen grub screws so take a hex key out with you for fettling, but once sorted they are an excellent product. https://puig.tv/en/tuning-motos/rear...responsivetab5

We're here for a good time, not a long time. (woolich, PCv, K&N, T-Rex, HM plus SS)
post #8 of 41 Old 01-26-2018, 02:50 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
I really like those buddy...
Sold... Next Mod... Well after my braided brake lines. ?
post #9 of 41 Old 01-26-2018, 10:01 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 390 Post(s)
CRG Bar End Mirrors

Don't mean to hijack the thread, but this doesn't seem to warrant its own thread and I thought it might fit here for people looking at mirror options.

I tried out the CRG Lanesplitter mirrors this evening. For the initial ride I left the stock mirrors in place for comparison. The CRGs are smaller, but since they are slightly convex have about the same field of view as stock, if not a little more. As a result, everything appears a little smaller, but there is zero vibration like in the stock, so the apparent resolution is similar. It is a good field of view with no obstructions.

After removing the stock mirrors, it may have been my imagination, but it seemed like there was less wind noise and the air was smoother. (I cut about 3" off the top of a windscreen which virtually eliminated buffeting to the helmet.) With my cut-down screen, it completely changed the look of, and from the front of the bike.

The downsides: there are some mental adjustments I have to make, like looking slightly down for the mirrors and learning distances with the smaller image, especially at night. Also, when the sun is directly behind you, it catches it when it's higher in the sky.

So far very happy with the setup. I used the CRG mounting adapters and am going to look for a longer bolt so I can re-install the stock bar end weights.
Stromer and PhuketPaul like this.

--Gary

2016 GSX-S1000F, Red/Black
2014 V-Strom 1000
2012 DR650
2011 Burgman 400
2007 Honda Helix
2013 DL650 - Sold
post #10 of 41 Old 01-27-2018, 03:53 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 456 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Dub View Post
Don't mean to hijack the thread, but this doesn't seem to warrant its own thread and I thought it might fit here for people looking at mirror options.

I tried out the CRG Lanesplitter mirrors this evening. For the initial ride I left the stock mirrors in place for comparison. The CRGs are smaller, but since they are slightly convex have about the same field of view as stock, if not a little more. As a result, everything appears a little smaller, but there is zero vibration like in the stock, so the apparent resolution is similar. It is a good field of view with no obstructions.

After removing the stock mirrors, it may have been my imagination, but it seemed like there was less wind noise and the air was smoother. (I cut about 3" off the top of a windscreen which virtually eliminated buffeting to the helmet.) With my cut-down screen, it completely changed the look of, and from the front of the bike.

The downsides: there are some mental adjustments I have to make, like looking slightly down for the mirrors and learning distances with the smaller image, especially at night. Also, when the sun is directly behind you, it catches it when it's higher in the sky.

So far very happy with the setup. I used the CRG mounting adapters and am going to look for a longer bolt so I can re-install the stock bar end weights.
I had those on my last bike and my observations mirror yours (see what I did there).
Quality optics with a good field of view, but everything is smaller. They were also vibration free on my other bike. I've been tempted to get a pair for my F, but I'm pretty happy with the stock set up so I haven't bothered (yet). If it cleans up the air flow to take the stock mirrors off, that would be a plus, but I haven't notice much turbulence anyway. I'd be interested in your feedback after you've racked up some more miles with them.
G-Dub likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page