LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 Old 02-23-2018, 01:25 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Woolich MapShares

Dear Gentlemen,

after reading your arguments in my other topic about flashing, you convinced me to buy the Woolich interface.
The installation of the harness is done, interface firmware refresh done, also first read without any problems.
In general I'm satisfied with the hardware, and also with the software, I had minor problems getting my access to Woolich registered, and getting the correct harness installation manual; if I had to make the same decision, I would also decide for the Woolich interface.
BUT... the MapShare is very disappointing... maybe I made something wrong, I also subscribed to MapShares, but I see in the section GSX-S1000 only 6 maps... I've red, that hundreds of GSX-S1000(F) owners uses this Woolich solution... but only six are using MapShare?
Would you please take some minutes for typing to share your experience about MapShares for me.
Thank you very much in advance!

Regards

Toni
post #2 of 13 Old 02-23-2018, 08:41 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 484 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by --O-o-O-- View Post
BUT... the MapShare is very disappointing... maybe I made something wrong, I also subscribed to MapShares, but I see in the section GSX-S1000 only 6 maps... I've red, that hundreds of GSX-S1000(F) owners uses this Woolich solution... but only six are using MapShare?
Would you please take some minutes for typing to share your experience about MapShares for me.
Thank you very much in advance!

Regards

Toni
Although lots of people with the GSX-S have had woolich flashes most of them seem to have been done by 3rd Party Tuners, and these guys charge customers for their expertise in tuning and are unwilling to give away their Maps for free.

That just leaves those of us who are tuning their own bikes to add to the Mapshares, and I don't want to put my Maps in Mapshare until I have it 100% perfect, (almost there just a bit jerky occasionally below 4% throttle). As soon as I am 100% happy I will share my Maps
tonyt likes this.
post #3 of 13 Old 02-24-2018, 04:08 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Garage
Did you go with the Autotune option?
I don't have anyone nearby that does dyno with Woolich so went with the autotune option.

I did put a mapshare up but there are so many variables to the tune like fuel, elevation, temperature and what aftermarket parts you are running, I am dubious to use any other maps.

Unfortunately I can't see a way to remove the map I previously shared.

Honda MB50
Suzuki GS750
Honda CB550
Suzuki GSX750EX
Harley Davidson XL1200R
Suzuki GSX-S1000FA

post #4 of 13 Old 02-24-2018, 04:48 AM

Garage
Been out driving today and its going well - and better at low throttle constant speed (but not perfect)

So I have now uploaded my Maps to Mapshare if anyone is interested
KiwiJaZ likes this.
post #5 of 13 Old 02-24-2018, 04:29 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Paul, I will try to test it tomorrow, but we have now cold weather :-( Thank you!

Last edited by --O-o-O--; 02-24-2018 at 04:34 PM.
post #6 of 13 Old 02-24-2018, 09:15 PM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Is there a decent map for a stock bike floating around?
post #7 of 13 Old 02-25-2018, 02:49 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by wojo72 View Post
Is there a decent map for a stock bike floating around?
see if you can find a Mk2 ECU version map on the Woolich site and copy the fuel tables to your existing map.
I noticed some considerable changes between the original and Mk2 fuel maps.
You won't be able to write the Mk2 map unless you have a Mk2 ECU but you can copy data from the tables

Honda MB50
Suzuki GS750
Honda CB550
Suzuki GSX750EX
Harley Davidson XL1200R
Suzuki GSX-S1000FA
post #8 of 13 Old 02-25-2018, 03:22 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiwiJaZ View Post
see if you can find a Mk2 ECU version map on the Woolich site and copy the fuel tables to your existing map.
I noticed some considerable changes between the original and Mk2 fuel maps.
You won't be able to write the Mk2 map unless you have a Mk2 ECU but you can copy data from the tables
What do you mean by a Mk2, I can see very small differences between the early ECUs and the replacement ECUs, or do you mean the 2018 bikes which have a completely different ECU.
post #9 of 13 Old 02-25-2018, 03:33 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhuketPaul View Post
What do you mean by a Mk2, I can see very small differences between the early ECUs and the replacement ECUs, or do you mean the 2018 bikes which have a completely different ECU.
By Mk2 I mean the replacement ones supplied by Suzuki.
The Woolich stock maps have some significant fueling changes in the cruising range which was the fix Suzuki did for the surging / hunting problem.
From memory (as i'm not at my own PC and cant check) the second to last digit on the ECU id goes to 3 from 0 e.g. original is 01 Mk2 is 31.

I guess the extent of the change would be how bad the fueling was on the original ECU. As we all now know there were different maps for the different markets

Honda MB50
Suzuki GS750
Honda CB550
Suzuki GSX750EX
Harley Davidson XL1200R
Suzuki GSX-S1000FA
post #10 of 13 Old 02-25-2018, 03:42 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiwiJaZ View Post
By Mk2 I mean the replacement ones supplied by Suzuki.
The Woolich stock maps have some significant fueling changes in the cruising range which was the fix Suzuki did for the surging / hunting problem.
From memory (as i'm not at my own PC and cant check) the second to last digit on the ECU id goes to 3 from 0 e.g. original is 01 Mk2 is 31.

I guess the extent of the change would be how bad the fueling was on the original ECU. As we all now know there were different maps for the different markets

I was comparing 50 and 51, and 30 and 31 and could see very little change but if as you say Woolich corrected on their maps then i wouldn't see any change - but Woolich said to me that their maps are exactly what comes from the ECU with no changes.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page