9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 28 Old 10-29-2019, 06:45 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 270 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxus_Lou View Post
Fantastic. Let us know how the install goes.
You'll both love them.
I fitted a pair of the oxford heated grips and they just make riding so much more enjoyable at teped temperatures. I have always commuted to work and ridden through British winters and the biggest problem was always keeping the extremities warm and fighting off chilblains. Now it's not problem and toasty palms mean i can ride further in greater comfort.
I'll even use them in the summer time if I get caught in the rain. Sodden gloves and wind chill are no longer a problem. I wish I had changed over to them years ago.
Electric gloves are supposed to be the ultimate solution but at the moment I can use my summer gloves at almost any time of year and it's a really effective cheap alternative which allows me to change my gloves at any time without losing my comfort.

Pull my finger
post #22 of 28 Old 10-29-2019, 07:42 PM

Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaker View Post
You'll both love them.
I fitted a pair of the oxford heated grips and they just make riding so much more enjoyable at teped temperatures. I have always commuted to work and ridden through British winters and the biggest problem was always keeping the extremities warm and fighting off chilblains. Now it's not problem and toasty palms mean i can ride further in greater comfort.
I'll even use them in the summer time if I get caught in the rain. Sodden gloves and wind chill are no longer a problem. I wish I had changed over to them years ago.
Electric gloves are supposed to be the ultimate solution but at the moment I can use my summer gloves at almost any time of year and it's a really effective cheap alternative which allows me to change my gloves at any time without losing my comfort.
Oh, I had them on my last bike and totally agree. It's like when you experience a heated steering wheel in a car. I'd never buy another car I drive in the cold without it now. They're fantastic.

2018 Suzuki GSX-S1000

Blue rim tape / Fender eliminator / Pazzo levers / MRA Race Windscreen

2019 Triumph Speed Twin (for sale soon ...)
post #23 of 28 Old 10-30-2019, 01:07 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 123 Post(s)
Tempted to get one of these as well. Looking forward to your guys' thoughts!

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

post #24 of 28 Old 10-30-2019, 03:36 PM

I've ordered a set directly from kosonorthamerica.com so that way I know I'm getting the proper part #. No shipping notice yet.

2018 Suzuki GSX-S1000

post #25 of 28 Old 10-30-2019, 05:40 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 123 Post(s)
Garage
I'd recommend picking up a new throttle tube for the heated grip also. This way you can not go through the trouble of ungluing it when you want to go back to normal grips in summer, just swap tubes. Plus I'm pretty sure my Oxford heated grips required me to shave the ridges on the tube, dunno if the same applies to the koso.
post #26 of 28 Old 10-30-2019, 07:14 PM

No way I'm switching back. The Koso grips stay on year round. I just won't use the heater. I hear they're a bit fatter but I'm okay with that. Nice thought though.

2018 Suzuki GSX-S1000

post #27 of 28 Old 11-03-2019, 11:02 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 538 Post(s)
Garage
Hey Lou, I received mine and they look like the right thing (120mm length and the right product number). I don't have a heated garage for my bike, (just a separate shed), and it's been freakin' freezing here, so I don't know when I'll be able to do the install.
I'm with you though about switching back. Why? Unless the grips are uncomfortable, which would probably be a deal beaker for me anyway.
post #28 of 28 Old 11-04-2019, 05:29 PM

Hey Mike.

I've got mine still in the box in the car but I've done some research over the weekend and determined that the 2019 GSX-S1000 throttle tube is the same part # as the 2020 Katana throttle tube. The older years is a different part #. This is based on some diagrams from some online parts store (Suzuki parts store .com or something like that) so I'm going to call my dealer tomorrow and order those first before installing the grips. Figured I'd kill 2 birds together.

I do have a garage although not heated but it's still above freezing for now so hopefully this weekend depending on timing of the tube.
mike d likes this.

2018 Suzuki GSX-S1000

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page