User Tag List

72Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #151 of 167 Old 11-03-2019, 01:50 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 141 Post(s)
Great information.

I can confirm in my experience that moving the TPS to 1.13v resulted in the ECU not recognizing that the throttle was actually fully closed.

As my bike had already been flashed, the fuel cut on decel had been turned off and it was negatively affecting closed throttle as diagnosed on a dyno.

With the TPS set back to 1.10 and post flash (fuel cut disabled), the bike performs brilliantly and the on/off throttle is smooth.
gsxsdave likes this.

When life throws you curves, lean into them.
post #152 of 167 Old 11-03-2019, 07:03 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slower and Slower View Post
Snatchy throttle is not limited to Suzuki.
Those who follow the UK's YouTuber The Missenden Flyer will recall his recent video post on where he fitted an aftermarket part to both end stops of the throttle grip internals.
He had done this with a Ducati Panangale and this time with his new Triumph Speed Twin 1200. He said the snatch as felt before, had gone.
It would increase the idling rev's as the throttle would be wound up a little bit IMHO.

Nothing for the GSX-S, but the 2 above bikes. His link as mentioned in the video for the spacers website https://ducatispacers.com/

Rob.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXmN...hsbDHjHzM8p-nY
Hey Rob those bikes are ride by wire thatís why they are using the spacers as there is
no cable adjustment like on the gsxs.
post #153 of 167 Old 11-03-2019, 08:31 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name Is Jeff View Post
Hey Londonboards thanks for the detailed information mate you went to a lot of trouble so thanks heaps.
Iíve had my bike tuned using woolich and there is no throttle snatch.
As you where saying how do you know if the fuel cut
has been switched off well my only answer to this is that before
I had the bike tuned on closed throttle the bike was
Pretty aggressive on decel and was giving me the shites but once tuned itís like a normal bike on decel more of
a roll on feeling.
Anyhow thanks again
Jeff
I'm pretty sure then that they must have turned the decel fuel cut off.

I wonder what else they changed?

Apparently the TRE (retardation of the ignition timing in the first 3 gears) is also a good idea to turn off. Perhaps they altered the fuel maps too?

Really glad for you that you now have a great bike now.

I will get there soon with mine.

GSXS-1000S (2019)
GSX1100/GS1150 EFE (1984) x3
GS1100G (1983) x 2
GSX750 EF (1984)

post #154 of 167 Old 11-03-2019, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike d View Post
Yes Londonboards, great info. I wonder if that explains why my TPS reads low in dealer mode (_C), yet I have no throttle snatch. I haven't tried to adjust the TPS because I fear I might induce the dreaded syndrome.
That could well be the case. I would leave it alone if I was you and just enjoy the bike as it is.

GSXS-1000S (2019)
GS1100G (1983) x 2
GSX750 EF (1984)
post #155 of 167 Old 11-03-2019, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slower and Slower View Post
Snatchy throttle is not limited to Suzuki.
Those who follow the UK's YouTuber The Missenden Flyer will recall his recent video post on where he fitted an aftermarket part to both end stops of the throttle grip internals.
He had done this with a Ducati Panangale and this time with his new Triumph Speed Twin 1200. He said the snatch as felt before, had gone.
It would increase the idling rev's as the throttle would be wound up a little bit IMHO.

Nothing for the GSX-S, but the 2 above bikes. His link as mentioned in the video for the spacers website https://ducatispacers.com/

Rob.
Good spot but I would say that these bits of kit are for "fly-by-wire" types of throttles. They don't have throttle cables directly linked to the throttle butterflies. But in essence, I think they do the same thing as we are trying to achieve. That is, if you can set up the throttle so it never closes 100% (so it remains open 1%), then the decel fuel cut off will not be activated and you will have a smooth ride.

I tried a similar thing on the GSXS. This was achieved using the handlebar throttle cable slack adjuster. I adjusted it so that there was no slack, then adjusted it further so that is was actually activating the throttle by a small amount. This obviously will keep the throttle open a little and the idle rpm will be higher. But I found riding with 1,500-1,600 rpm idle was not too bad, especially in the twisties when you are on and off the throttle so much. It does however, completely remove any engine braking and I wouldn't recommend it for the long term or for nervous riders.

GSXS-1000S (2019)
GS1100G (1983) x 2
GSX750 EF (1984)
post #156 of 167 Old 11-03-2019, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cainus83 View Post
Great information.

I can confirm in my experience that moving the TPS to 1.13v resulted in the ECU not recognizing that the throttle was actually fully closed.

As my bike had already been flashed, the fuel cut on decel had been turned off and it was negatively affecting closed throttle as diagnosed on a dyno.

With the TPS set back to 1.10 and post flash (fuel cut disabled), the bike performs brilliantly and the on/off throttle is smooth.
Yes, after I have flashed my ECU to turn off the decel fuel cut off, I will be looking to reset my TPS. Not sure what voltage I'll be using but probably set it up by trial and error to get the best response.

It does look like mal-adjusting the TPS to 1.13v could result in the ECU thinking that the throttle is never actually closed and thereby eliminating the fuel cut off snatch. I wonder what the correct setting should really be.

GSXS-1000S (2019)
GS1100G (1983) x 2
GSX750 EF (1984)
post #157 of 167 Old 11-03-2019, 10:11 AM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 601 Post(s)
suzuki did have a white line on the tps from factory that was readjusted at some point...wonder what that would read for voltage
post #158 of 167 Old 11-03-2019, 04:56 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by londonboards View Post
Here is the snatchy throttle (don't get confused with other issues like surging at cruise, dips in the power band and so on):

With a stock GSXS (certainly on my 2019 F model) I have mapped what happens to the fueling on my dyno.

You MIGHT, I say MIGHT (as I have no proof yet that this works) be able to fool the ECU into thinking the throttle is at 1% (and therefore not at 0% and therefore not activating the deceleration fuel cut off and the snatch) when you let go of it and it closes, if you adjust the TPS to a position where it effectively tells the ECU it is still open when it isn't.

It may even be that the 1.13 volts position will do this (fool the ECU into thinking the throttle is still open by 1%).
Once I have sorted this out with my Woolich Software, I will take a look at the lean cruising issue (surging and so on). If you look at the Superbike article on the DynoJet remap of the bike, you will see that the lean running at low throttle positions is the cause of this. What we have yet to determine is why the subsequent DynoJet map takes fuel AWAY at these throttle openings in an attempt to fix the issue. Makes no sense to me. We shall see.

Nice post.

Marc Salvisberg
post #159 of 167 Old 11-03-2019, 10:32 PM

Quoted: 357 Post(s)
Going back to earlier posts concerning the throttle tube part numbers.
The 2018 GSX-S 1000 suffix of the part # was 21H02, which is the same then and now for the Hayabusa, V Strom 1000, GSX-R600/750and the present GSX-S750. Maybe others ?

The 2019 GSX-S 1000 has said in earlier posts moved to moved to become 07L00, the 2020 Katana M0 variant.

As a 2019 750 & 2018 V Strom 1000 Owner, with no snatchy throttle (with the old GSX-S1000 tube 21H02) other than the obvious transmission objection all bike display when you chop the throttle on/off/on in quick time.

With so many bikes having the same throttle tube, the GSX-S1000 is the odd one out of the 4 cyl big HP bikes that got through Euro 4 ,but only by giving it a very brief sniff of petrol (running so lean).
This newer (07L00) part in the 2019 GSX-S1000 having less of a ramp up should mean a less rapid increase in road speed, but if their de-cell fuel cut is still set as 'instantaneous', is it still only half 'fixed' for those with 2018 and earlier bikes ?

Onto the1.5 sec interval that londonboards mentioned.
In my 2016 GSX-S1000AL6, there was no 1.5 sec delay before fuel cut at all, it was instantaneous fuel cut.
So is this a 2019 only Suzuki 'running' improvement that has come to the the older Euro 4 GSX_S 1000 & carried onto the new 2020 Euro 5 Katana 1000 ?
Wonder what you would be now getting if you asked Suzuki for a new ECU if you said my 2015 to 2108 is 'throttle jerky'.
A new improved 2019 ECU and free throttle tube to go ?????

Rob

Last edited by Slower and Slower; 11-03-2019 at 10:41 PM.
post #160 of 167 Old 11-04-2019, 01:47 AM

Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by londonboards View Post
I'm pretty sure then that they must have turned the decel fuel cut off.

I wonder what else they changed?

Apparently the TRE (retardation of the ignition timing in the first 3 gears) is also a good idea to turn off. Perhaps they altered the fuel maps too?

Really glad for you that you now have a great bike now.

I will get there soon with mine.

I had my bike done on a dyno The tuner did leave the exhaust valve hooked up and running.
He said that he was getting better gains leaving the valve running.
He turned the sas off and plunged the hose also.
My bike is all stock 153.9 hp.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page