• 1 Post By lost

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 05-10-2019, 05:28 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Fitting bar end mirrors. Anything to know.

Hi all, anything to know regarding fitting bar end mirrors? Grabbed a round set of Amazon like a few of you have. Planning to install tomorrow but thought it worth the question before I do.

Is it worth adding extra weight during the install to address vibration issues? Any tricks to removing the bar end? Or is it simply unscrew and they fall out?

I did try searching first, a lot of posts on types of mirrors, not the actual fitting. Apologies if asked before.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers.
post #2 of 8 Old 05-10-2019, 06:21 AM

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Don't unscrew the OEM ones too far. They work by compressing a rubber bung which distorts and causes a firm fit. Undo the outer screw just enough to allow you to pull the whole thing out it in one go.

I learnt the hard way first time I undid a bar end and had to fish around inside the bar to get everything aligned so I could bring it all out.
frog4aday likes this.
post #3 of 8 Old 05-10-2019, 08:47 AM

Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Garage
I'll 2nd what Barstewardsquad said. It might be worth looking at an OEM parts view of the handlebars to get a sense of what you're working with. I reused many of the pieces.

Numbers 4 -8 at https://www.revzilla.com/oem/suzuki/...=gsx-s1000fal8
frog4aday likes this.

post #4 of 8 Old 05-10-2019, 08:48 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 479 Post(s)
Garage
The ones I have are CNC Racing Rocket.
They came with their own mount but it was very light weight. I found I could just use my original bar ends with them and that works great and looks much better.
post #5 of 8 Old 05-10-2019, 09:24 AM

Quoted: 82 Post(s)
As others have said, don't unscrew the whole thing. Back it off a partial turn, try to pull it out, repeat.

I have the China knockoffs of the CRG arrow bar end mirrors (MZS, etc). My first set fell apart when I tightened up some of the bolts and it became even looser than the start. Second set has been solid though so you might need to go through more than one set if yours has issues.

The OEM bar end assembly is long enough that I used it to simply attach the mirror on the end of it rather than using the mirror's supplied hardware. I wasn't shy about tightening the bolt on reassembly and the mirrors have stayed in place up to freeway speeds. They do vibrate above 6k though.
post #6 of 8 Old 05-10-2019, 01:07 PM

Quoted: 88 Post(s)
I did it just the other day and I to lost a rubber from it but it wasnít to hard to get out, I also didnít use any of the hardware amazon gave me,

I used the stock bar ends the screw and rubber gromits the screw was long enough to work perfect,

I have very slight vibration from my left mirror but I ****** that up on my own by not tightening all the screws and I bent it trying to pull it in to lane split

Other than that there like 30$ there not the best but they work great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #7 of 8 Old 05-10-2019, 06:38 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Thank you all. I'm glad I asked.
post #8 of 8 Old 05-14-2019, 04:35 PM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
I have been through a few sets of cheap ones which they eventually vibrated that hard the plastic collar that sits in the ball joint bit cracked and the mirror fell off mid ride.....1 was left intact fotted a second one again se.thing it fell off leaving the right hand one still intact...had it 18 months...just fitted some new ones weighted and a big arm to them...seen them alot on speed triples.....not sure if i like them yet not been out on the bike....they quite big and i like unnoticeable ones......anyways just bought a set of Puig ones which i am excited about as i think they are the ones for me....round mirrors....pictures below .....single mirror what i put on first..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20190514-223227_Gallery_1557865962839.jpg (1.16 MB, 53 views)
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20190514-223317_Gallery_1557866018103.jpg (1.70 MB, 57 views)
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20190514-223442_Gallery_1557866108451.jpg (336.8 KB, 59 views)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page