Revert to stock exhaust system - Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum
User Tag List

 5Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 Old 06-13-2019, 07:01 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 19
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Revert to stock exhaust system

Has anyone reverted back to the stock exhaust system after riding around with a full aftermarket system?
If so, did you like the ride better stock, or did you miss the aftermarket system? What issues did you run into?



My bike has a full aftermarket exhaust (Arrow headers, decat midpipe, aftermarket can), but I'm thinking
of reinstalling the complete stock system (including servo and cables and O2 sensor) just in case law enforcement tickets me for modified exhaust.
montana928 is offline  
post #2 of 12 Old 06-13-2019, 07:09 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Dayton, Ohio
Posts: 694
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 261 Post(s)
I wouldn't worry yourself over it. the chance of it, is not likely and if so, pay fine and be on with yourself. a 2nd time would be really unlikely, and if its same office, he's a dick.
FreedomPenguin is offline  
post #3 of 12 Old 06-13-2019, 09:29 PM
Junior Member
 
stuckmoto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Delaware
Posts: 29
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Ask him how many Harleys he's pulled over today?
oldjackbob likes this.
stuckmoto is offline  
 
post #4 of 12 Old 06-13-2019, 10:46 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Bellevue, Nebraska
Posts: 44
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckmoto View Post
Ask him how many Harleys he's pulled over today?
Exactly. I always know there is something more obnoxious than my bike on the road.
SuziL8 is online now  
post #5 of 12 Old 06-14-2019, 07:51 AM
Senior Member
 
temporarykiwi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 196
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
i dont know what laws you have there, but its very common to get new bikes fitted with aftermarket exhausts as standard fitment from dealer, as long as its not really noisey most police wont even concern themselves, ....unless you run in to one of "those" coppers who love to ticket you for anything, i once got ticketed for a concealed no. plate even though it was in the standard position from the dealer, cop just needed another to get his quota i suppose..
as to refitting stock exhaust, it could be done, but it really sucks, stuffs up the powerband, strangles the topend and its also quite noisey for a stock pipe, if your worried about emissions i suppose it may help but i doubt it as you have to open the throttle alot more to get same result and........
temporarykiwi is online now  
post #6 of 12 Old 06-14-2019, 10:15 AM
Senior Member
 
Reagenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Southern Oklahoma, USA
Posts: 449
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 179 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by montana928 View Post
Has anyone reverted back to the stock exhaust system after riding around with a full aftermarket system?
If so, did you like the ride better stock, or did you miss the aftermarket system? What issues did you run into?



My bike has a full aftermarket exhaust (Arrow headers, decat midpipe, aftermarket can), but I'm thinking
of reinstalling the complete stock system (including servo and cables and O2 sensor) just in case law enforcement tickets me for modified exhaust.
Montana, if you want to drive to Oklahoma, I'll swap you your full exhaust for my stock one I just pulled off. Includes SET motor and cables, Pair valve and hoses, ect. I'll even help you put it on. How's that for a deal?
oldjackbob likes this.

2016 GSXS1000F
2007 Honda VTX 1800F3
Reagenn is online now  
post #7 of 12 Old 06-14-2019, 10:35 AM
Senior Member
 
Beerded Wanderer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Orangevale, CA, U.S.A.
Posts: 378
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Garage
Apparently this year California changed it's law regarding vehicle exhaust. It used to be a"fix-it" ticket so you could repair the violation and get the fine waved. Now it's $1000 and the fix-it order.

There was a lot of consternation about it but I think the police are using it on the late evening cruise crowd and side show numbnuts.
Not that I approve of the law.
Beerded Wanderer is online now  
post #8 of 12 Old 06-14-2019, 04:37 PM
Senior Member
 
Triz-man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 263
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerded Wanderer View Post
Apparently this year California changed it's law regarding vehicle exhaust. It used to be a"fix-it" ticket so you could repair the violation and get the fine waved. Now it's $1000 and the fix-it order.

There was a lot of consternation about it but I think the police are using it on the late evening cruise crowd and side show numbnuts.
Not that I approve of the law.


Side shows are 100% the reason the law passed ticket clinic is pretty nice though...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Triz-man is online now  
post #9 of 12 Old 06-15-2019, 09:27 AM
Senior Member
 
roy826's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 436
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 134 Post(s)
Free to do as you please in Mississippi and no one cares. Pickup trucks are louder than Harley’s around here I see guys at bike nights with no exhaust lol
LEAVEITSTOCK and stuckmoto like this.
roy826 is offline  
post #10 of 12 Old 06-15-2019, 10:33 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 19
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reagenn View Post
Montana, if you want to drive to Oklahoma, I'll swap you your full exhaust for my stock one I just pulled off. Includes SET motor and cables, Pair valve and hoses, ect. I'll even help you put it on. How's that for a deal?
Sounds good. If I pin the throttle I should be to your house in 10 hours. Then you can take this full exhaust off my hands (and gain 15 horsepower while losing 15 pounds), while I enjoy the sweet muffled sounds, lower power, and striking good looks of the stock system (I'm actually serious about the looks part; I like how the stock system looks, especially that stubby polished can).
frog4aday likes this.
montana928 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome