• 1 Post By Reagenn

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 09-20-2019, 08:46 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 118 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Decat vs full exhaust

Thought i would share my recent experience regarding the Cube Performance Centre race tune performed earlier this week.

My bike: Stock air filter restrictor plate removed, decat, pair valve blocked, 02 sensor and exhaust valve delete, Yoshi R11 muffler.

The shop had tuned a 19 model, with identical ECU number. The tuner was using it as a reference for the fuel and ignition maps.
The difference being my bike has decat and the reference bike had a full system.

Despite his best efforts, there was a differential of 10HP and i would guess a bit of torque also.

I am still pleased with the result though it wasn't the transformation i had hoped for, especially considering the cost of the tune $770.
Also had the Woolich race tools fitted and the quick shifter is amazing, another $700.

The tune is there for a full system, in that regard its future proofed.
I spared no expense on the rear suspension, comfy seat or muffler and tuning. Wishing i had done the same and bought the full system.
The sound is incredible and it has more power than i will ever need, hence i would only consider headers if i can find them used or heavily discounted.

Ben at Cube Performance Centre is a great bloke and highly experienced with Woolich racing.
He owns the Ducati Desmo Australian superbike race team and it was a pleasure to deal with his team. I would highly recommend their services.
Gixxus_Lou likes this.

When life throws you curves, lean into them.
post #2 of 8 Old 09-21-2019, 12:02 AM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 252 Post(s)
It's hard for me to believe there would be that much difference. Maybe there were some other factors at play?

2016 GSXS1000F
2007 Honda VTX 1800F3
post #3 of 8 Old 09-21-2019, 12:32 AM

Quoted: 509 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reagenn View Post
It's hard for me to believe there would be that much difference. Maybe there were some other factors at play?
Max diff of 10hp? I think I'll save my money.

post #4 of 8 Old 09-21-2019, 01:06 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike d View Post
Max diff of 10hp? I think I'll save my money.
Yep, 10HP at the wheel between decat and full headers.

I feel the improvement over stock vs decat with tune would be similar to the improvements made by going decat vs full system.

Now using the quick shifter, i can say that it gets up there really fast and is definitely more of a rush.

It's difficult to gain perspective, you would have to ride one tuned, hop off and ride a stock to really quantify the amount of difference.
I feel when people say their bikes are transformed with an exhaust and tune they are referring to the smoother throttle and power gained in the lower rpm.

From my perspective it was already pretty mental. There is certainly more power everywhere though, the front end gets light even at crazy speeds.
My priorities are quite odd though, in regards to exhausts i would rate them as: Sound>Appearance>Performance.
mike d likes this.

post #5 of 8 Old 09-21-2019, 01:08 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reagenn View Post
It's quite believable given the numbers that people have produced in the past. The stock headers are quite restrictive.

post #6 of 8 Old 09-21-2019, 07:57 AM

Certainly felt a big difference between stock and full headers, just didn't think it would be that noticeable between full headers and decat. Good to know.

2016 GSXS1000F
2007 Honda VTX 1800F3
post #7 of 8 Old 09-21-2019, 08:40 AM

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
The full M4 system is looking promising and sounds amazing. I suspect I'll go that route next season. Anyone know if the stock end can would fit on the M4 headers? I'd just want the option to play with the sound differences such that I'd perhaps end up with a hybrid such as @Reagenn did (M4 headers and unknown end can).

2018 Suzuki GSX-S1000

Blue rim tape / Fender eliminator / Pazzo levers

2019 Triumph Speed Twin (for sale soon ...)
post #8 of 8 Old 09-21-2019, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxus_Lou View Post
The full M4 system is looking promising and sounds amazing. I suspect I'll go that route next season. Anyone know if the stock end can would fit on the M4 headers? I'd just want the option to play with the sound differences such that I'd perhaps end up with a hybrid such as @Reagenn did (M4 headers and unknown end can).
As far as I know, there aren't any slip-ons that will fit the m4 without some sort of adapter pipe. That's the downfall to the m4 system.

Paul's headers that I bought were supposed to give me the longer secondaries but with the stock end placement so I could run any can the stock system would run. We all know how that turned out.
Gixxus_Lou likes this.

2016 GSXS1000F
2007 Honda VTX 1800F3

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page