• 1 Post By gsxsdave

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 10-22-2019, 04:40 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Wilbers 641 remote reservoir hose routing

Can someone tell me or take a quick picture of the hose routing for the Wilbers 641 remote reservoir near the rear brake reservoir?

I originally routed the remote and hose through the swingarm hole first followed by the shock during installation, only to find there wasn't enough hose length to mount the remote under the pillion. Instead, I'm guessing it's supposed to be routed between the upper and lower subframe near the rear brake reservoir.

Do I route the hose just behind the rear brake reservoir and wiring for the ABS sensor (?) and rear brake light? In front of them? Or something else?

Last edited by gsxsdave; 10-22-2019 at 04:45 AM.
post #2 of 8 Old 10-22-2019, 04:44 AM

Quoted: 134 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxsdave View Post
Can someone tell me or take a quick picture of the hose routing for the Wilbers 641 remote reservoir near the rear brake reservoir?

I originally routed the remote and hose through the swingarm hole first followed by the shock during installation, only to find there wasn't enough hose length to mount the remote under the pillion. Instead, I'm guessing it's supposed to be routed between the upper and lower subframe near the rear brake reservoir.

Do I route the hose just behind the rear brake reservoir, ABS sensor (?), and rear brake light? In front of them? Or something else?

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk
It runs along the top of the frame alongside all of the wiring harness. I cable tied it in a couple of places and is invisible when the rear faring is reinstalled.

When life throws you curves, lean into them.
post #3 of 8 Old 10-22-2019, 04:58 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
So between the subframe, behind the rear brake reservoir and ABS/brake light wiring, like this?

post #4 of 8 Old 10-22-2019, 06:12 AM

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Hi Dave,

my bike is loaded up for a trip tomorrow; I had it fitted by a mechanic, but using a torch it looks like the hydraulic tube exits the top of the shock absorber facing the front of the bike, then tracks up behind the oil reservoir (ie., towards the centre of the bike) then makes its way along the rear frame on the right hand side then into the storage area; I think the mechanic made a bracket but it made the tools inaccessible. Nevertheless, it was all worth it, because it came set up for my weight (70kgs) and seemed good at the pre-settings. I have since taken the lock rings up one turn to make it a little softer. You will be amazed at how much better the bike is with this on. Good luck. Will send pictures in a few days.
post #5 of 8 Old 10-22-2019, 06:17 AM

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Hello again,
On this site ghost rider made a post where he fitted the Wilbers 641 and reservoir and provided pictures: Here's the link

https://www.gsxs1000.org/forum/suzuk...tml#post154410
gsxsdave likes this.
post #6 of 8 Old 10-22-2019, 06:33 AM

Quoted: 134 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxsdave View Post
So between the subframe, behind the rear brake reservoir and ABS/brake light wiring, like this?

Yep that's it. Just rotate the reservoir a little to tidy up the hose so it's underneath and it should be invisible when the side fairing goes back on.
gsxsdave likes this.

When life throws you curves, lean into them.
post #7 of 8 Old 10-22-2019, 06:41 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryleaves View Post
Hello again,
On this site ghost rider made a post where he fitted the Wilbers 641 and reservoir and provided pictures: Here's the link

https://www.gsxs1000.org/forum/suzuk...tml#post154410
I thought I saw that before but couldn't find it. Thank you!

I guess I was close enough, he routed his behind the rear brake reservoir but in front of the ABS/brake light wiring. I just figured routing it behind the wiring would give a little more slack. It's always the little things not in the instruction manual that make install projects go so slowly!

It's been a long month since my ankle injury. Can't wait to get back on 2 before the season's over. Maybe put up some much needed reviews or installation videos of this highly underrated bike.

Cainus83 likes this.
post #8 of 8 Old 10-28-2019, 06:15 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Test rode it today. Bike feels great using whatever setting they set for "sporty touring" preference. Although I can tell when I hit a bump, the shock soaks it up nicely. What a relief not having to think about the suspension while riding!

Bad part, Olga came through here the day before and I happened to get stuck riding through a flooded section of road (maybe 6"-8"). So now the shock is filthy after only its first ride. :\

frog4aday likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page