Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by spirit750 View Post
Good spirit you have there.

I picked up my bike lightly used, so I wasn't worried about the warranty, but this is what I've done to mine after spending countless hours researching. There isn't anything I would change, but the windscreen didn't add or take anything. But it does look a lot better. I have the F version, btw.

Pazzo levers
CRG bar end mirror
Powerbronze bubble windscreen
Removed stock mirrors and found some plug screws on amazon.
BMC air filter
Dano's ECU flash
Oli's cat delete pipe (still using stock slip on and it sounds perfect for me)
Removed PAIR valve and that evap cannister thing

Only other thing I can think of that I really want to do is the suspension. I don't know if that will be in the cards this year or not, but maybe.

Then maybe a quality luggage set up.

I am certainly interested in short levers in particular due to a hand injury on my right hand. Set of shorty levers is because i am particular about things being symmetrical lol. I need to do some searching for a high quality set that is approved and not at risk of issues arising due to changing the levers from factory.

ECU Flash i heard is a good thing to improve throttle response and fuel, i have read a few different things about this so i am unsure. Some say get a power commander, others say just do a ECU flash and call it a day.

Exhaust. This is a tough one for me as i like the stock sound but i also find it quiet and people dont notice me, i am trying for something a bit louder, but not obnoxious.
Currently i am either going to stay with stock, or maybe a full system like this CS Racing one (https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Suzuki-GSX-S...-/152106810228). I am waiting to see more videos to hear what it sounds like as well as possibly getting DB ratings of stock vs CS Racing at idle, mid and high rpm.

In terms of luggage i have a decent tank/tail bag. But i find the GSX S1000 to be limited on options that are decent looking and also functional.
post #42 of 49 Old 02-04-2020, 03:39 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Picking up a barely used 2019 and will then:
brake pads
190/55 rear tire
modify seat for comfort
radiator guard
arrow full exhaust
dano flash
oil change.
post #43 of 49 Old 02-04-2020, 10:52 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 369 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balabah13 View Post
Can this ECU flash be done without voiding warranty, if it makes that much of a difference i would like to do that even before thinking about exhaust changes?
That depends on Suzuki HQ being asked by you to replace a failed engine or ECU.
You should expect a failed engine to be replaced with a crate one or even a new complete bike; and with your's striped down here or Japan to find exactly why, if it was not obvious.
The Factory would definitely be wanting to download all the files from an ECU for it's history.

Normal basic Dealer servicing won't show that an ECU has a remapped fueling but things like Deceleration Fuel Cut, 02 sensor disabled are visible with the right software that servicing needs to be using today.
Warranty is offered by Suzuki and everyone else too is based on what they made, being kept exactly the same.

You would have to prove beyond doubt that your modification did not cause the failure, and did not contribute materially to it. That's the way Companies see it.
With the ridiculously short 12 month USA Warranty offered, your limited exposure time to consider this a "possibility " in my view is well worth taking IF you are using an experienced ECU GSX-S Flasher like Dano's in the USA.
The reality is the motor will be fine. The worst case is a bricked ECU in the hands of an amateur.

Rob.

Last edited by Slower and Slower; 02-04-2020 at 10:57 PM.

post #44 of 49 Old 02-04-2020, 10:53 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
How about a decent rear shock so your bike doesn't handle like poo, the bike is fast enough stock if you want wheelies gear it down...
Gsxsfan likes this.
post #45 of 49 Old Yesterday, 12:07 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kneedown69 View Post
How about a decent rear shock so your bike doesn't handle like poo, the bike is fast enough stock if you want wheelies gear it down...
I have not ridden it much so far, about 3500km, and so far it doesn't seem to bad to me. Is it really worth putting a shock in? I dont race, or wheelie, i just enjoy the riding aspect. And if it really does make that much of a difference, what would some recommendations be? If its really just a comfort thing, i already find the bike comfortable for what i do and to me its probably at least $500 or more to get it.
post #46 of 49 Old Yesterday, 12:21 AM

Quoted: 147 Post(s)
Quote:
I have not ridden it much so far, about 3500km, and so far it doesn't seem to bad to me. Is it really worth putting a shock in? I dont race, or wheelie, i just enjoy the riding aspect. And if it really does make that much of a difference, what would some recommendations be? If its really just a comfort thing, i already find the bike comfortable for what i do and to me its probably at least $500 or more to get it.
YMMV, but my shock was pretty painful on rough roads and tried kicking me off the seat a few times. If this has happened to you, I'd highly recommend swapping the shock.

Sent from my KFSUWI using Tapatalk
post #47 of 49 Old Yesterday, 10:14 AM

Quoted: 273 Post(s)
Quote:
Sounds like you are happy with how it is. That's great! Save your money for some goodies or gas you do want
I've had the opportunity to ride my bike around in Spain on some of their lovely new roads and I can say the shock was absolutely fine.
My home back lanes aren't nearly as forgiving though. Rough, bumpy and poorly kept. A new Aftermarket shock was a must for me and the improvement is fantastic.
Make your own mind up. If you are comfortable enough and the bike doesn't get out of shape , you probably don't need it. If it does and you want better, there's plenty of choice out there

Pull my finger
post #48 of 49 Old Yesterday, 07:20 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
I was perfectly happy with my shock before I rode on some rougher roads. On good roads it's a little stiff and jumpy, but perfectly ride-able. But being almost thrown out of the seat on a bumpy corner entry (literally almost fell off) makes me want to upgrade my shock.
post #49 of 49 Old Yesterday, 09:32 PM

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kneedown69 View Post
I have to completely agree. If you want a little bit more acceleration and make it wheelie easier, just go -1/+2 on the sprockets. Itís cheap, easy to do, and probably about as effective as spending a bunch of money on exhaust and many other things. Want some cooler sound on a budget, just drill a few holes and go pop a few wheelies and take your girlfriend on a weekend getaway with the money youíve got left over

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page