2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 Old 04-15-2015, 04:10 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Why the GSXS-1000 Will Succeed

Because the majority of the sportbike riding population grew up. Being crunched over, turning your wrists to jelly with an aching back to boot became passe once they had their second kid. You know what their weapon of choice was? GSXRs...

I think Suzuki is hitting all the right notes of nostalgia. The K5 comes largely unmolested from the factory, the bike is sporty enough for sport riding, but not ergonomically unfriendly and most importantly it wails just the same as their old Gixxers.
post #2 of 16 Old 04-16-2015, 12:49 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 314 Post(s)
I think you are spot on. That certainly is what is attracting me to this bike.

I started on sport bikes with a 1984 Honda Interceptor, wend on to a Ninja 900 an so on. I moved on to cruisers when I hit my late 30s and spent ten wasted years on Harleys until I discovered the DL650 V-Strom which I love. Nimble, fun and sporty enough to have me yearning for my roots.... at 53 years old albeit still light and nimble myself, lol.

I've been eyeing a Beemer or two, specifically the 1200 R and soon to be 1000 XR, a beast of a bike. But now the 1000F is squarely in my sites and I just can't wait to see one in the flesh. At my age, although in great shape, I cannot spend hours hunched over on a GXSR or the like. This bike will be perfect for me. Ripping fast, fun, nimble.. can't wait to get one. I told my dealer I want the first one they get.

Stromer

Last edited by Stromer; 04-20-2015 at 02:40 AM.
post #3 of 16 Old 04-16-2015, 12:56 AM

1984... 2014.... Now ready for the GSX-S1000F and keeping the Strom...
Ginger likes this.

Last edited by Stromer; 04-03-2016 at 11:19 PM.

post #4 of 16 Old 04-16-2015, 01:13 PM

Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Garage
I'm getting very close to 40 years old I have owned, raced, crashed and rebuilt more than 30 sports bikes. One of my Fav was the GSXR k5 i had and loved. After getting to my age with my messed up back and knee (thanks to sports bike + to much speed + red gate "don park") this bike looks fantastic i can ride something close to the k5 thats tuned to ride on the road and i don't have to take pain killers just to be able to take it down the shops. Also from recent quotes it does not cripple me on the insurance.

looking forward to picking my gsx-s 1000f up from the dealer end of may.
Rod likes this.
post #5 of 16 Old 04-20-2015, 02:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythic View Post
looking forward to picking my gsx-s 1000f up from the dealer end of may.
Mythic, sound reasoning and I share your enthusiasm.

May would be great, however the dealers here (Texas, USA) don't have a clue as to when this bike will be in and I haven't seen anything official, only what I've read in articles. Hope it is soon.
post #6 of 16 Old 04-20-2015, 04:09 PM

Quoted: 206 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stromer View Post
Mythic, sound reasoning and I share your enthusiasm.

May would be great, however the dealers here (Texas, USA) don't have a clue as to when this bike will be in and I haven't seen anything official, only what I've read in articles. Hope it is soon.
I have the same problem. I want one of the S1000F's terribly but I have heard everything from late May to August. Most dealers say mid June but I don't believe it. Suzuki has really let me down considering they have been pushing this bike for something like 10 months. If they keep it up I am going to buy a new Tuono 1100 in June. Heads up Suzuki.
post #7 of 16 Old 04-20-2015, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxus View Post
I have the same problem. I want one of the S1000F's terribly but I have heard everything from late May to August. Most dealers say mid June but I don't believe it. Suzuki has really let me down considering they have been pushing this bike for something like 10 months. If they keep it up I am going to buy a new Tuono 1100 in June. Heads up Suzuki.
The waiting is tough, especially when just today I came across a brand new Ninja 1000 $3,500 off MSRP because it was a 2013 . It was very tempting as it's a 1000 standard and a direct competitor to the GSXS... I'd been eyeing the Ninjas when I heard about the 1000F coming.

Still thinking about it.....

Last edited by Stromer; 04-03-2016 at 11:19 PM.
post #8 of 16 Old 04-21-2015, 02:44 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
No one seems to know when or even if we will get the gsxs in Canada either. I'm close to pulling the trigger on a used triple, tuono or z1 myself, just gotta sell my gsxr.
post #9 of 16 Old 04-21-2015, 08:36 AM

Quoted: 206 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talonz View Post
No one seems to know when or even if we will get the gsxs in Canada either. I'm close to pulling the trigger on a used triple, tuono or z1 myself, just gotta sell my gsxr.
I feel your frustration. Every day I think come on Suzuki at least give me a date.
post #10 of 16 Old 04-22-2015, 02:00 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stromer View Post
The waiting is tough, especially when just today I came across a brand new Ninja 1000 $3,500 off MSRP because it was a 2013 . It was very tempting as it's a 1000 standard and a direct competitor to the GSXS... I'd been eyeing the Ninjas when I heard about the 1000F coming.

Still thinking about it.....
was it for 13 or 14 the N1K was revised? The Newest one is supposed to be exceptionally comfortable...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page