LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 32 Old 08-14-2015, 05:30 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
bike issues thread

Hiya all. So it doesnt come across that im negative to the bike I will say I really enjoy the ride, light/quick turning/the look/the sound. I've also ordered the yoshi exhaust, tank protectors, wheel stickers, fuel cap protecter, heel plate guards, front smoked fly screen, and meta alarm. But think it would be an idea to log issues with the bike in a single thread so its easier to keep an eye on, but also ammo for any warranty claims that may arise. The issue I raised about stalling may even be clutch related, as in earlier k5 model. There is a thread about a clutch problem on gear change and a "squeal" noise from the clutch , also a k5 problem. Mine also had the poor paint finish, another thread on here, like a "swirling effect" in the laquer that the dealer polished out but tried to say I had lay on the tank !! Just an idea, but still a really fun bike to ride lol
TTNorth likes this.
post #2 of 32 Old 08-14-2015, 02:20 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 165 Post(s)
Garage
I'm going to join in with the paint issues.
The paint on the wheels is shockingly bad, you only have to look at them and it scratches. Frame coating isn't too bad, engine cases are ok but very easy to scratch.
Fasteners were the usual cheap poor zinc plating so I've replated my bits to aircraft grade coating and anodising.
I'm having the wheels powder coated in a couple of months and I'm now thinking about getting the tank and plastics resprayed at the same time
post #3 of 32 Old 08-14-2015, 02:43 PM

Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Garage
I too, have been toying with the idea of whipping off the plastics and getting a high quality double lacquer coat applied. Just had my bandit resprayed and the guys did a fantastic job so might be calling them soon, also get the rear cowl done at the same time once the candy red is available.

We're here for a good time, not a long time. (woolich, PCv, K&N, T-Rex, HM plus SS)

post #4 of 32 Old 08-14-2015, 03:28 PM

Quoted: 68 Post(s)
No problem with the paint on my triton blue, not yet anyway!
post #5 of 32 Old 08-14-2015, 04:50 PM

Quoted: 86 Post(s)
having just spent 10k on the bike I can't afford to do anything to it for ages.
But on the issues thread; did the long run after the first service and after 300 miles or so stopped for a coffee and thought I would try using the "helmet lock". Lifted up the pillion seat and discovered NO BOLT on the riders seat so basically just hanging on by the front clips!!!
Tried to ride the 130 miles back to the dealer but did not feel safe and stopped at a large but friendly Honda car dealer who kindly installed a bolt for me FOC.
Dealer denies that they removed the seat for the first service but I am skeptical, but guys please check your seats, doing motorway speeds with your seat moving about underneath you is very unnerving.
post #6 of 32 Old 08-15-2015, 06:09 AM

Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanditBrent View Post
Dealer denies that they removed the seat for the first service but I am skeptical, but guys please check your seats, doing motorway speeds with your seat moving about underneath you is very unnerving.
Surely your arse was gripping it when it started to move

Certain people are like slinky's, no apparent use but always bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs
post #7 of 32 Old 08-16-2015, 12:47 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
hi to all, well i'm beginning to think i have got a "friday" bike . went to work on it today and the clutch made a "squeal" noise as i entered a roundabout. parked the bike at work and later noticed a small wet patch under the bike, ran my finger in it, fuel !!. wet patch was there all day so must have dripped all day as not evaporated. will phone shop tomorrow to organise the bike to go in for a good going over as i'm in Mexico from saturday for 2 weeks. gives them plenty of time to sort it or they can have it back lol
post #8 of 32 Old 09-06-2015, 08:12 AM

Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Garage
Well ive done just under 400 miles total and the paint seems to have worked down through the laquerwhere my knee goes! I tried polishing it by hand but its scuffed all around and theres a small dull patch.
Im wearing RST textiles and theres isnt anything protruding from them to cause the damage. Absolutely nothing on the others side.

Ill post a pic later.
post #9 of 32 Old 09-06-2015, 02:41 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Garage
I think I'm going to try other breakpads. Initial bite is a bit soft I think.

2015 Suzuki GSX-S 1000 ABS
2011 Ducati Monster 1100 S ABS
2007 Honda CBR 1000 RR Fireblade
2007 Suzuki GSX-R 1000
2005 Suzuki GSX-R 1000
2003 Suzuki GSX-R 1000
1997 Honda CBR 900 Fireblade
1993 Suzuki GSX-R 1100 W
1989 Suzuki GSX-F 750 F
1982 Suzuki GS L 650 GL
post #10 of 32 Old 09-07-2015, 08:14 AM

Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueglue View Post
Well ive done just under 400 miles total and the paint seems to have worked down through the laquerwhere my knee goes! I tried polishing it by hand but its scuffed all around and theres a small dull patch.
Im wearing RST textiles and theres isnt anything protruding from them to cause the damage. Absolutely nothing on the others side.

Ill post a pic later.
Heres the pic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page