So we know the GSXS uses the same 999cc K5 from the Gixxer 1000, but its not an open and shut nip and tuck...
Suzuki tore through the K5 looking for improvements.
- Pistons 3% lighter than GSXR
- New Cam Profiles to optimise valve timing, improves torque delivery
- Iridium spark plugs
- New Radiator design
- New compact oil cooler leaves more room for exhaust piping
- SDTV throttle system optimizes air/fuel
- Balancers between headers
Zook says all this is geared towards the lows and mids this bike is most likely to spend the majority of its time in.