LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 Old 03-22-2016, 01:53 PM Thread Starter
Bob

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Smoothing out nicely!

Hi guys, i think this has been mentioned on here already, but i thought id share my snatchy and abrupt throttle disappearance. Like many of you have done already, i adjusted the free play out a few hundred milds ago. I am coming up for 800 miles now, my rides are always pretty spirited and i like to give the engine a good thrashing. The only mods so far are front and rear fender extenders. Yesterday i cleaned, lubed and re adjusted the chain ready for a run out today.. i have to report that the jerkyness is almost non existant and shes freeing up lovely. I was ready to buy a pc5, but il now wait for a few hundred miles and see if the improvement continues naturally!
post #2 of 18 Old 03-22-2016, 03:26 PM

Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Right around 3,000 miles, the engine will feel as if it suddenly gained 50 extra horsepower. I see no need to rush out and buy a Power Commander. Waste of money. But, I do know it's fun to buy stuff for the bike....and I can certainly admit to "Wasting" 10s of thousands of dollars on useless items over the years.

Is it really useless? I don't think buying cool stuff for our number 1 hobby is useless......It's fun

Detroitdawg and vnuh like this.

1-1986 Harley Sportster 883
2-1992 Suzuki Bandit 600
3-1993 Kawaski Ninja 600
4-1994 Suzuki GSXR600
5-1995 Buell M2 Cyclone
6-1996 Honda VTR1000
7-1997 Suzuki Hayabusa

8-1997 Suzuki DR650
9-1998 Yamaha VStar 1100
10-2000 Kawaski Z1000
11-2003 Yamaha FZ1
12-2005 Ducati S2R 1000
13-2006 Honda CBR600RR
14-2007 Honda CBR1000RR
15-2007 Aprilia Tuono 1000
16-2013 Harley Davidson Switchback

17-2016 Suzuki GSXS1000

Last edited by Thumper07; 03-22-2016 at 03:32 PM.
post #3 of 18 Old 03-22-2016, 03:30 PM Thread Starter
Bob

(Thread Starter)
Hey thumper, cant wait to get a few more miles on her then!! Have to say i love buying anything bike related but might spend the money on a holiday this year instead....although on my bike of course!

post #4 of 18 Old 03-22-2016, 04:13 PM

Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob View Post
The only mods so far are front and rear fender extenders.

I'm having images go through my head of what that rear fender extender might look like and it's not pretty.
post #5 of 18 Old 03-22-2016, 04:55 PM Thread Starter
Bob

(Thread Starter)
Lol, ...i meant hugger extension.
post #6 of 18 Old 03-22-2016, 05:39 PM

Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Any pics of extenders Bob? And which ones did you get?
Also having very few throttle problems after 2800 miles. Except keep using it too much hehe
post #7 of 18 Old 03-22-2016, 11:26 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 132 Post(s)
I don't see how a fuelling issue will sort itself naturally, but whatever works for you. If you don't spend a lot of time on/off the throttle at low speeds, you won't be noticing the issue, so I guess that's where you are. I, however, commute daily in peak hour traffic, and the PC5 made a marked difference. If I spent most of my time in the twisties or otherwise at highway speeds, I probably wouldn't have bothered either.
post #8 of 18 Old 03-23-2016, 02:09 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod Bacon View Post
I don't see how a fuelling issue will sort itself naturally, but whatever works for you. If you don't spend a lot of time on/off the throttle at low speeds, you won't be noticing the issue, so I guess that's where you are. I, however, commute daily in peak hour traffic, and the PC5 made a marked difference. If I spent most of my time in the twisties or otherwise at highway speeds, I probably wouldn't have bothered either.

I think you absolutely correct, it depends where you riding. I don't do much traffic riding, but if I did, I think that PCV would probably have been more needed. When I do ride in traffic, I tend to use the clutch quite a bit more than what I would consider normal to often manage the jerkiness, and always wonder to what extent am I wearing the clutch out quicker. Because I tend to do more higher speeds runs, the issue is not really a problem or not a problem at all. But having said that, what I realized is that I actually also adjusted my riding to allow for the jerkiness. So when I going thru bends, I am not smoothly and continually rolling onto the speed thru the bend in the same manner as I would normally have done because of not wanting to risk unsettling the bike in the bend with the jerky throttle. I think I tend to get way with it because I tend to ride more squaring-off lines. But I do tend to be a little more careful thru long bends where one cannot just square-off the corner. And put some unevenness in the road, and I am even more careful with the throttle. But I still manage to ride the bends very fast and its not affecting the quality of my ride so it is an issue at all. So, do I really need PCV - probably No. The question however that I have now started to ask myself is; if the throttle was smoother could I be even faster thru the bends and have an even better ride. And if the answer is yes, well then PCV would be a worthwhile investment.
BanditBrent likes this.
post #9 of 18 Old 03-23-2016, 03:33 AM Thread Starter
Bob

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanditBrent View Post
Any pics of extenders Bob? And which ones did you get?
Also having very few throttle problems after 2800 miles. Except keep using it too much hehe
Hey brent, il have a go at uploading couple of pics for you after work today, cheers rob
BanditBrent likes this.
post #10 of 18 Old 03-23-2016, 03:35 AM Thread Starter
Bob

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod Bacon View Post
Yeah you are probably right, but i do commute to work most days in low speed traffic, its only 7 mins away so probably not on it long enough to notice.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page