5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 Old 04-03-2016, 03:26 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
uk warranty

can someone tell me why when i bought my bike new this march i got a 3 year warranty,yet someone who bought it last year had a 2 year warranty and some on here have a 5 year, why the **** dont Suzuki do the same for everyone?
post #2 of 21 Old 04-03-2016, 04:45 AM

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
My warranty is for 2 years with Suzuki, is yours 2 years with Suzuki & an extra year with your dealer, a lot of dealers offer extended warranty's because they know they are going to make more money out of you with servicing costs to keep the warranty valid. I will have mine serviced this year by the dealer but after that I will do all the work myself as I`m an Ex mechanic.
tonyt likes this.
post #3 of 21 Old 04-03-2016, 05:21 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 82 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandyman View Post
My warranty is for 2 years with Suzuki, is yours 2 years with Suzuki & an extra year with your dealer, a lot of dealers offer extended warranty's because they know they are going to make more money out of you with servicing costs to keep the warranty valid. I will have mine serviced this year by the dealer but after that I will do all the work myself as I`m an Ex mechanic.
dont know never asked will have to find out,im sure they said it was a Sukuki warranty

post #4 of 21 Old 04-03-2016, 06:00 AM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
I bought in March and was told I had a 3 year official Suzuki warranty. Whether this is a promotional exercise for this year only or their new policy from now on I don't know. As for the 5 year I have no idea what countries/dealers offer this but sure I've seen it mentioned here at some point. Not really answering your question though....
post #5 of 21 Old 04-03-2016, 09:57 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
5 years in canada.. I heard that suzuki canada had some financial problem and that's a promotion to convince people to buy their bikes
post #6 of 21 Old 04-03-2016, 09:57 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
In Canada,Suzuki has been giving a Suzuki 5 year warranty with any new bike bought.
This was a promotional deal to drum up sales,that might extend past the March 31 deadline.
post #7 of 21 Old 04-03-2016, 05:13 PM

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Dudes, Maybe I should be outraged(?). It cost me $469 for the additional 2-year warranty, for a total of 3 years. I heard BMWs only have a 1-year warranty in Germany, but here in USA it's 3 years. Anyway, the added warranty does include parts and labor--but actually hoping I never have to verify that .
lumberjack likes this.
post #8 of 21 Old 04-04-2016, 03:06 AM

Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Garage
I don't know why but all suzuki motorcycles imported into Norway have 5yrs warranty Not sure if its some kind of promotion or some local norwegian law ?? Having said that i have in the past not had a great experience with warranty's over here my previous bike had some minor issues that they claimed were not covered and i had a 5 yr warranty on my SAAB and when saab went bust nobody was interested in helping even though technically the importer should have stepped in according to the law over here
post #9 of 21 Old 04-04-2016, 06:15 AM

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
I cannot say specifically, cause I don't have the details and can only speculate. But I just know one thing, nothing in life is free, you pay for it some way or the other. So if I get 5 years warranty versus 2 years in another country, it probably worked into the deal / price is some way versus their price. And if some countries are getting a bigger discount, then it also a strategic decision in that market. One also have to think about different shipping / logistics cost and import tariffs to different markets, which can make a difference in cost and hence price. A potential lower cost could and possible lower price can be turned into a longer warranty instead of offering a lower price in that market; or vice versa. So for what's it worth, its useful to know, but its not going make any difference in my life. If I want it, I have to take it at the price and with specifications that are offered in my market; and can only compare with available rivals in my market. Its almost similar to what they say - what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas.
post #10 of 21 Old 04-04-2016, 04:32 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Here are the UK terms for the extra warranty -Guess the same will be other countries

All new Suzuki On-Road motorcycles officially imported into the United Kingdom by Suzuki GB PLC and first registered in the UK between 01-01-2016 and 31-12-2016 will benefit from an additional one year extension to the normal Two-Year Suzuki Warranty, such one year Warranty extension to apply subject to the following conditions:
Warranty extension only applies to such motorcycles which are regularly serviced through a UK Authorised Suzuki Dealer, in accordance with the schedule in the Owner’s Manual; and
in the UK only, for one year commencing from expiry of the normal Two-Year Suzuki Warranty, and only for motorcycles which are kept in the UK during the Warranty extension period; If you are a consumer, this extended Warranty is in addition to, and does not affect, your legal rights in relation to products that are faulty or not as described.
lumberjack likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page