• 1 Post By lumberjack

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 04-03-2016, 05:11 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
getting out more

been out today on another biggish spin, done about 350 odd miles now and getting to like the bike more and more, the main thing i couldnt get over is how easy in the twistys the gsx-f is compared to my old big zzr,the throttle is a tad snatchy but i am going to get the slack taken out but it is no big deal, took her up to 8 odd revs today now and again and love the power think this bike is going to keep up with my mates on there r1s and blades on the roads in mid wales no probs and so much more comfort
Bob likes this.
post #2 of 5 Old 04-03-2016, 05:32 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Lumberjack, Good. I just made my first (600 mile) service appointment for next Friday. I just came back from our local haunt of Canyon Lake. The Sazook is so much shorter and zippier than my previous ride, I have discovered new passing opportunities. I did notice you must be very deliberate with the throttle as it really likes to come back on. Perhaps this is what you gain with a Power Commander V? A shop owner told me we want a PC 5 with Autotune as it will automatically correct fueling (any temperature, any altitude) without having to submit our bike to multiple dyno runs (to make a "custom" map). I noticed the bike gets really good mileage compared to my old sub-100 hp bmer which got a best of 44 mpg, once. The last tank on the GSXSf was 46.5 mpg, which was a combo of the lake and interstate cruising (80 to 85 mph)--so I was quite pleased.
post #3 of 5 Old 04-03-2016, 05:36 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickster View Post
Lumberjack, Good. I just made my first (600 mile) service appointment for next Friday. I just came back from our local haunt of Canyon Lake. The Sazook is so much shorter and zippier than my previous ride, I have discovered new passing opportunities. I did notice you must be very deliberate with the throttle as it really likes to come back on. Perhaps this is what you gain with a Power Commander V? A shop owner told me we want a PC 5 with Autotune as it will automatically correct fueling (any temperature, any altitude) without having to submit our bike to multiple dyno runs (to make a "custom" map). I noticed the bike gets really good mileage compared to my old sub-100 hp bmer which got a best of 44 mpg, once. The last tank on the GSXSf was 46.5 mpg, which was a combo of the lake and interstate cruising (80 to 85 mph)--so I was quite pleased.
yes funny you should say that i seem to be getting a lot more miles to the tank than the zzr, but i havnt realy ragged it big time yet

post #4 of 5 Old 04-04-2016, 04:15 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
I believe the zzr is what is known as a ZX-12 over here. My observations seems that that the Kaw's didn't get as good mileage as Suzuki, especially the Hyabusa vs the ZX14. I believe our gsxs' will get 200 miles to a tank if you wanted. Seems any where I go for good roads takes an hour or so of freeway droning.
post #5 of 5 Old 04-04-2016, 04:21 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickster View Post
I believe the zzr is what is known as a ZX-12 over here. My observations seems that that the Kaw's didn't get as good mileage as Suzuki, especially the Hyabusa vs the ZX14. I believe our gsxs' will get 200 miles to a tank if you wanted. Seems any where I go for good roads takes an hour or so of freeway droning.
no rickstar the zzr over here is the zx14 with you over there lol

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page