19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 38 Old 04-14-2016, 07:40 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Buell footpegs will work on the GSX S1000

FADE IN to the workshop of the 'GONZO GARAGE'....Well folks, as suspected the Buell front footpegs (#N0521.1AD) RH and (#NO520.1AD) LH!!!!!!will work on the GSX S1000... I knew they worked on my 'Busa'. Soooooooo being over 6 foot and having old knees (toooo much knee paddling on my ol' Phil Edwards longboard when I was younger) I needed something that allowed me to stretch my legs a bit. I did a weeee bit (not much) of grinding on the pegs to make them fit. The holes on the Buell are a weeeee bit larger so rolled up a small piece of some thin aluminum flashing for a bushing (heavy aluminum foil used in a Safeway pie tin I think would also work) and it worked perfectly. I think the MC-MOTOPARTS product would've worked too but I canceled the order as the Buell footpegs look great and stretch the old legs...PEACE RIDE SAFE
post #2 of 38 Old 04-14-2016, 10:40 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BorderlandBiker View Post
FADE IN to the workshop of the 'GONZO GARAGE'....Well folks, as suspected the Buell front footpegs (#N0521.1AD) RH and (#NO520.1AD) LH!!!!!!will work on the GSX S1000... I knew they worked on my 'Busa'. Soooooooo being over 6 foot and having old knees (toooo much knee paddling on my ol' Phil Edwards longboard when I was younger) I needed something that allowed me to stretch my legs a bit. I did a weeee bit (not much) of grinding on the pegs to make them fit. The holes on the Buell are a weeeee bit larger so rolled up a small piece of some thin aluminum flashing for a bushing (heavy aluminum foil used in a Safeway pie tin I think would also work) and it worked perfectly. I think the MC-MOTOPARTS product would've worked too but I canceled the order as the Buell footpegs look great and stretch the old legs...PEACE RIDE SAFE
I just switched my Buell pegs over from the Busa to the GSXS while I wait for a second set of Buell pegs to arrive. My original set came modified from Joe over on the Busa board. Direct fit as they come from him.

2016 Suzuki GSX-S1000 (Current)
2013 Suzuki M109R
2012 Suzuki Hayabusa (Current)
2005 Suzuki Hayabusa
2003 Suzuki GSX-R1000
post #3 of 38 Old 04-16-2016, 07:23 AM

Quoted: 180 Post(s)
Until I see a picture of the pegs, I'm pretending you guys have hello kitty stickers on the tank..

I dont recall ever noticing a buells pegs. What makes them different, or an upgrade?
ChicagoAJ likes this.

post #4 of 38 Old 04-16-2016, 07:31 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Correct me if I'm wrong but I think the Buell pegs are significantly lower than the stock pegs giving you substantially more knee/leg room but unfortunately less lean angle. Good for some and not so good for others. Depends what your after.....
post #5 of 38 Old 04-16-2016, 08:27 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcannon409 View Post
Until I see a picture of the pegs, I'm pretending you guys have hello kitty stickers on the tank..

I dont recall ever noticing a buells pegs. What makes them different, or an upgrade?
They are significantly lower. Being tall and having a bad knee, they help quite a bit.
Up close pic to hide the Hello Kitty stickers
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_8421.jpg (94.8 KB, 208 views)
Kiwi Geoff, ChicagoAJ and Rhino like this.

2016 Suzuki GSX-S1000 (Current)
2013 Suzuki M109R
2012 Suzuki Hayabusa (Current)
2005 Suzuki Hayabusa
2003 Suzuki GSX-R1000
post #6 of 38 Old 04-16-2016, 08:44 AM

Thats very cool, and I'll bet they are comfortable.

I better try some, too.

Thank you
Dakkine2 likes this.
post #7 of 38 Old 04-17-2016, 10:07 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by antonio View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong but I think the Buell pegs are significantly lower than the stock pegs giving you substantially more knee/leg room but unfortunately less lean angle. Good for some and not so good for others. Depends what your after.....
I went puttin' around the backroads this Saturday and took a few, not as many as I used to, tight corners (enough to have virtually no "chicken strips"). I found no problem in getting enough of a lean angle. Although I'm the first to admit I'm not as an aggressive rider as some of you folks might be; my knees said, "thank you...thankyouverymuch.." in their best Elvis voice at the end of the day. PEACE RIDE SAFE
post #8 of 38 Old 04-17-2016, 10:40 AM

Even if they do touch...I think we have similar knees. If so...

They for sure dont touch when the bike is parked in the garage because my knees are too sore to ride. I know my bike, with low pegs, might not be moto gp worthy, but i can ride it!

I ordered two sets. One for each bike, and thank you for finding this.
post #9 of 38 Old 04-17-2016, 03:38 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcannon409 View Post
I ordered two sets. One for each bike, and thank you for finding this.
Could I ask where you ordered them from please? If I order them in NZ, they are likely to take several times as long as if I order them directly from the US

I take it that there is sufficient thread on the brake and gear shift to set up identical angles to the OEM setup?
post #10 of 38 Old 04-17-2016, 10:46 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 132 Post(s)
These were also popular amongst the SV 1000 community for the same reason.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page