46Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 78 Old 05-07-2016, 04:01 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Throttle Problems

Hi folks, i have been talking with my Gsx s 1000 dealer here in Norway about the throttle problems i have on my bike.

This summer my bike will get a recall from the dealer, and the Suzuki Company here in Norway will change the ECU unit and problem will be solved

Suzuki Company know about this worldwide problem so they finally made a new ECU unit

And i guess Suzuki wil have recall in other countries too.

So you guys get in contact with your Suzuki dealer and they will fix the snatchy throttle
Mythic and Kassu like this.
post #2 of 78 Old 05-07-2016, 04:30 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
tidy i will be seeing my dealer today as going there anyhow, ill see what he says
post #3 of 78 Old 05-07-2016, 08:35 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lumberjack View Post
tidy i will be seeing my dealer today as going there anyhow, ill see what he says
Let us know the outcome, as I'm in Wales as well.

post #4 of 78 Old 05-07-2016, 09:14 AM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
I asked my dealer today and said he has not heard a thing but if there was he well got in touch a.s.a.p I live in the uk
post #5 of 78 Old 05-07-2016, 12:02 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Garage
Today I filled out a Suzuki survey for new owners. I told them the throttle was dangerous and I would gladly join a class action lawsuit against Suzuki.
I will bring my concerns to the dealership service manager when I take the bike in for the 600 miles service.
I like the S1000 except for the throttle.
Schmedlab and gsxs1000owner like this.
post #6 of 78 Old 05-07-2016, 12:30 PM

Quoted: 165 Post(s)
Garage
I wouldn't say it was dangerous by a long shot. I haven't added any engine tune or exhaust changes I've gone for cosmetics and honestly the throttle is the least of my worries. All this talk of class action lawsuits is depressing. The bikes have to made to certain emission's regulations for worldwide sales and I would imagine that is a tough balancing act.
I'm not disputing the throttle is perfect but taking out some free play and having decent control of my wrist goes a long way to having smooth throttle response. It does get smoother after a 1000miles which also helps.
post #7 of 78 Old 05-07-2016, 03:18 PM

Quoted: 82 Post(s)
talked to dell in jt swansea today and he hasn't heard nothing yet
post #8 of 78 Old 05-07-2016, 05:26 PM

Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ackack View Post
I wouldn't say it was dangerous by a long shot. I haven't added any engine tune or exhaust changes I've gone for cosmetics and honestly the throttle is the least of my worries. All this talk of class action lawsuits is depressing. The bikes have to made to certain emission's regulations for worldwide sales and I would imagine that is a tough balancing act.
I'm not disputing the throttle is perfect but taking out some free play and having decent control of my wrist goes a long way to having smooth throttle response. It does get smoother after a 1000miles which also helps.
What he said.

Either there must be very different versions of the GSXS around or some riders just not are "compatible" with the bike.

Yes, the GSXS ECU is somewhat "sharp" programmed from on/off at low speed, but not more than it is easy to handle in my opinion.

I have installed the Rapidbike EVO on mine and have not noticed this "problem" until now when I am testing out how this device works (or not) and therefore I am very alert to any change in fueling.

The Rapidbike EVO device is of obvious reasons not doing anything when TPS is < 5% opening, and I notice that when I am riding it usually is in this range when cruising (and my milage is just as low as before).
I can also see on the Youtune device that the fueling is very lean in most cruise and low TPS range. Which I like a lot as the bike goes like a rocket when the throttle is at WOT (testing wheelies and acceleration).
The Rapidbike EVO sets the rev limiter 1000rpm higher (12.500) which is a great plus (for me).
And it adjust the fueling when revving the engine/TPS > 5%.
I cannot say that it goes any better than before as I thought the bike went OK before installing the device.
And I find the engine(ECU) fueling in regards to my throttle inputs satisfactory.
I rather have an engine that reacts instantly and "crisp" at very gentle inputs as opposed to "sluggish" and with delayed (soft) reaction to throttle inputs.
But that's just me I guess.

That said, I will not say no to a new ECU if there really is a Suzuki recall in the near future. As long as it not means less HP and a "sedate" bike.
Kassu likes this.

2018 - Speed Triple S
2015 - GSX-S1000
2009 - B-King 1441

Last edited by bking1441; 05-08-2016 at 10:24 AM.
post #9 of 78 Old 05-07-2016, 06:52 PM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
what?!?!?!?1 you like the bike except the throttle issue, which is MORE than manageable by the way, but you'd also be happy to join a class action lawsuit? cookoo, cookoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warfasts16 View Post
Today I filled out a Suzuki survey for new owners. I told them the throttle was dangerous and I would gladly join a class action lawsuit against Suzuki.
I will bring my concerns to the dealership service manager when I take the bike in for the 600 miles service.
I like the S1000 except for the throttle.
post #10 of 78 Old 05-07-2016, 09:59 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My GSXS 1000F is at 1000 miles and AWESOME!! I LOVE the crisp throttle. I recommend that if you are having some difficulty getting used to the feel, take the bike out to a deserted parking lot and try all different starts and turns until you find out what works best for you. I put my TC on3 and stay in first gear longer than I used to on my Bandit 1250. When you get to know the bike it is AMAZING! It is like riding a butterfly that acts like a bee on STEROIDS! Yay!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page