28Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 46 Old 05-29-2016, 10:44 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
The end of the GSX 1000

Will there be a 2017 GSX S1000? I haven't seen any press about the 2017 model yet. Is this the end of the GSXS?

GSX-S1000 ABS 2016 Red\Black

Yoshimura fender delete / Suzuki Front Fairing / Dynojet PowerCommander V / Dynojet Ignition Module / Dynojet Shifter / Dynojet AutoTune / POD-300, Nitrous 40HP Dry shot.

Custom built: Stepped header exhaust / modified Akrapovic titanium-carbon fiber muffler / Suzuki instrument cluster RED backlight / Dynojet POD-300 RED backlight / Headlight halo RED / NOS linear indicator / progressive tach shift light / handlebar switch box for NOS & Halo.

Dallas, Texas
post #2 of 46 Old 05-29-2016, 01:30 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Man, I really doubt it. With the MT-10 out (FZ-10 coming to the states in '17), it seems like the upright superbike are finding a niche in the market.

Better not...I can't stand the look of that FZ-10!
post #3 of 46 Old 05-29-2016, 07:34 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
That bike does look a little off, but alot of the newer bikes have weird cosmetics now.

Is it coincidental that the major parts manufacturers are not making their usual FULL line of aftermarket parts for our bike, and that we aren't hearing about the 2017 the GSX S1000?

The 2016 GSX R1000 already has a full exhaust, and other mods, for sale by most major aftrtmarket manufacturers.

post #4 of 46 Old 05-29-2016, 11:44 PM

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Woohoo! We'll have an instant classic. In years to come we can enter the all-Japanese class and win best in show. Quail Run will send us invites to come and compete. And then when we go and take a lap at Laguna Seca, we can blow all other bikes into the weeds. Yeah baby!
post #5 of 46 Old 05-29-2016, 11:52 PM

Quoted: 312 Post(s)
Why would they spend millions on research, design and development on a brand new model and drop it after only one year? Is there much information on the 2017 versions of their other bikes?

The only 2017 model on Suzuki's web site is the new SV-650.
ackack and USSENTERNCC1701E like this.

2016 Red/Black GSX-S1000F.

2015 BMW 1200GS

Last edited by Stromer; 05-29-2016 at 11:55 PM.
post #6 of 46 Old 05-30-2016, 01:48 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 336 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stromer View Post
Why would they spend millions on research, design and development on a brand new model and drop it after only one year? Is there much information on the 2017 versions of their other bikes?

The only 2017 model on Suzuki's web site is the new SV-650.
I agree it's only early days and the bike may just continue on unchanged as many bikes do with a 2017 stamp
post #7 of 46 Old 05-30-2016, 09:01 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSX-S1K View Post
Will there be a 2017 GSX S1000? I haven't seen any press about the 2017 model yet. Is this the end of the GSXS?
can anyone smell "TROLL" ?
post #8 of 46 Old 05-30-2016, 02:39 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythic View Post
can anyone smell "TROLL" ?

I'm not a TROLL, Mythic! That's f'd up! You are wrong.

Don't associate me with, or being, a TROLL ever again!

Regarding your last defamatory comments towards me... YOU could be construed as being a TROLL.

I take my contributions\posts to this site seriously and I will not tolerate f'd up comments towards me.

This site has a great reputation with many good members with informative posts. GSXS1000.org has made a significant and positive impact on this motorcycle community. I'm sure other users work proactively to maintain the integrity of this site so it will continue many years into the future.

So Mythic... check yourself and your comments before posting another defamatory comments to one of my topics or anywhere on this site.

Keep this site clean of the "TRASH" so this site can continue to grow and help other members.
SavedSynner likes this.

GSX-S1000 ABS 2016 Red\Black

Yoshimura fender delete / Suzuki Front Fairing / Dynojet PowerCommander V / Dynojet Ignition Module / Dynojet Shifter / Dynojet AutoTune / POD-300, Nitrous 40HP Dry shot.

Custom built: Stepped header exhaust / modified Akrapovic titanium-carbon fiber muffler / Suzuki instrument cluster RED backlight / Dynojet POD-300 RED backlight / Headlight halo RED / NOS linear indicator / progressive tach shift light / handlebar switch box for NOS & Halo.

Dallas, Texas
post #9 of 46 Old 05-30-2016, 03:31 PM
Zak

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Garage
Chill GSX-S1K

Mythic is only posing a question, same as you did when you started this thread
Jaked likes this.

GSX-S1000 Red/Black naked
post #10 of 46 Old 05-30-2016, 07:11 PM

Quoted: 70 Post(s)
The question that has to be asked regarding the future of the GSX S1000A/F is "does the motorcycle sell?" If it doesn't sell, it will be discontinued. It's my understanding that R&D costs of a typical motorcycle would result in giving it a chance in the market place for at least two years. It has been in the hands of the public for less than a year now and was marketed in Europe and some places other than the U.S. as a 2015 model. It was made available in the U.S. in October of 2015 but was marketed as a 2016 model. IMHO Suzuki will keep the bike on the market for a minimum of two years before deciding on it's future. I suspect that it will eventually be labeled as a 2017 model but will remain unchanged except for minor unseen modifications that occur as the manufacturing process evolves.

In 1992 I purchased a new Suzuki GSX 1100G. It was introduced in 1991. It was in production for two calendar years. It didn't sell well enough and production ceased.

I don't have any sales stats in my hands but the local dealership told me it wasn't doing well in my area. In the seven months that I've had mine, I've only seen one other one and that was at a track day event.

Personally, I believe the the bike will be a survivor. I would like to know if forum members are seeing any GSX S1000A/F's around.
USSENTERNCC1701E likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page