Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Dynojet autotune

Has anyone used the At-200?
I was just reading about it.
Supposedly you can put it on your bike, remap it,
Take it off, put it on another bike and so on,
Once the map is right you wouldn't need it unless you changed something on the bike.
Am I getting this right?
post #2 of 4 Old 06-07-2016, 02:03 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
SRAD749, The shop I inquired about installing a power commander said the auto-tune was a must have. He said it automatically adjusted for altitude, temperature. The big plus seemed it would eliminate the requirement of putting the bike on a dyno to make a "custom" map as the "autotune" feature would take care of that. My only minor hesitation with a PCV was if it destroy's your mileage (ie, bike range), but if the PCV is a go, I'd think the autotune would be also. I guess other than price, I don't know any down side to the autotune?
post #3 of 4 Old 06-07-2016, 03:30 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Srad749 View Post
Has anyone used the At-200?
I was just reading about it.
Supposedly you can put it on your bike, remap it,
Take it off, put it on another bike and so on,
Once the map is right you wouldn't need it unless you changed something on the bike.
Am I getting this right?
Autotune is a "add-on module" to a PCV. It comes with a new O2 sensor, and, if I remember correctly, it will not fit the existing bung on a stock GSX S1000. They do provide a new bung which has to be welded into the exhaust in place of the stock bung. After the PCV and Autotune are installed, you activate the autotune function and ride the bike for 30 minutes to an hour. During this ride, Autotune records certain AFR data and then via a Dynojet computer program you can modify the existing fuel map that is stored in the PCV. You continue to make the Autotune runs and subsequent map adjustments until you no longer detect any difference in the performance of the motorcycle. It's important to save a copy of the original PCV map because Autotune will overwrite it. Each time you make a "tuning run" the previous map will be overwritten until you decide the map is Ok.

I have not used Autotune on my GSX S1000 but I did use a similar Dynojet product called Power Vision on a Harley after I changed the intake and exhaust. As I recall, it took about twelve runs before I was satisfied with the final fuel map. I felt like it worked well and when I ultimately traded the bike for a new one, the dealer put the old bike on dynamometer and said the map that I had developed using Dynojet Power Vision was good and did not require any further modification.

The basic concept between a Dynojet PCV with Autotune and a Dynojet Power Vision is the same, so I'm confident that the Dynojet Autotune will work well on our Suzukis. The bung size issue is the only reason that I have not purchased the Autotune module.

post #4 of 4 Old 06-07-2016, 06:19 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Garage
For best results with auto tune you need to block off the pair valve as it chucks air down the exhaust not giving the best results for auto tune to work

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page