21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 53 Old 06-14-2016, 02:48 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 85 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Lightbulb No Recall 4 ECU

How strange this is becoming , there is talk that some distributers maybe recalling some bikes for an ECU replacement. In another thread, "E-Mail received" there is a post with confirmation , in UK, that some bikes are definitely getting them there. In an earlier thread'' Suzuki is listening'' i told the forum that my dealer had phoned me to say he would replace my ECU in a week or 2 when he received the part. There was never any mention of a re call , and why would there be a recall.We all bought the bikes as they were and knowing the throttle snatch was an issue. If there were faulty brakes or fuel lines with no cir clips or whatever that was a fault of manufacture I would expect a recall. This is rider preference , some even saying there is no problem. So I will reiterate, I e-mailed Suzuki Australia, telling them that some forum members had been given a replacement ECU. I asked if I could have one . My dealer phoned me to say that he had been authorised to fit a replacement ,when it arrives in approx 2 weeks . There was no recall then, But I am now really puzzled by the varied responses some are saying yes.This is something each owner needs to pursue with first his dealer, next the distributer in his country. Good luck, if and when I get mine i will post the results and improvements if any .
sparehead1, tonyt, Beaker and 1 others like this.

Last edited by 4tune8; 06-19-2016 at 09:23 PM. Reason: trying to keep it up to date,
post #2 of 53 Old 06-14-2016, 02:55 AM

Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Awesome, please keep us updated
post #3 of 53 Old 06-14-2016, 03:29 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4tune8 View Post
In an earlier thread'' Suzuki is listening'' i told the forum that my dealer had phoned me to say he would replace my ECU in a week or 2 when he received the part. There was never any mention of a re call , and why would there be a recall.We all bought the bikes as they were and knowing the throttle snatch was an issue. If there were faulty brakes or fuel lines with no cir clips or whatever that was a fault of manufacture I would expect a recall. This is rider preference , some even saying there is no problem. So I will reiterate, I e-mailed Suzuki Australia, telling them that some forum members had been given a replacement ECU. I asked if I could have one . My dealer phoned me to say that he had been authorised to fit a replacement ,when it arrives in approx 2 weeks . There is no recall , if you contact your dealer and say " heard there is a recall on ECU" they are going to say no. This is something each owner needs to pursue with first his dealer, next the distributer in his country. Good luck, if and when I get mine i will post the results and improvements if any .

Have the new ECU been installed as yet? And if so, what is the difference. Has it improved the jerky throttle and also is the bike's acceleration still the same, better or more muted?

post #4 of 53 Old 06-14-2016, 06:34 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 85 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMus26 View Post
Have the new ECU been installed as yet? And if so, what is the difference. Has it improved the jerky throttle and also is the bike's acceleration still the same, better or more muted?
told 2 weeks for part to arrive
post #5 of 53 Old 06-14-2016, 10:10 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Yeah I have a throttle prob too
I just can't stop pinning it
I am afraid I will lose my licence, do you have a fix for this?
Beaker, sangedegsx and Kassu like this.
post #6 of 53 Old 06-14-2016, 10:16 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 336 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennyblanco View Post
Yeah I have a throttle prob too
I just can't stop pinning it
I am afraid I will lose my licence, do you have a fix for this?
Yep take the plates off so they cannot trace you and then outrun them , problem solved
Bennyblanco and Kassu like this.
post #7 of 53 Old 06-14-2016, 10:43 PM

Quoted: 55 Post(s)
If I wasn't planning to use Woolich gear to write to the ecu I'd be all over hitting up the dealership for a replacement ecu. My guess is the next release of the gsxs will have the new ecu. Stories of rough on/off throttle and difficulty maintaining speed will do too much to damage the brand. And by next release I'm thinking all new gsxs. I'm happy with mine because I have HealTech TRE and bazzaz with a dyno tune (pm me and I'll email my maps, I've already done this for another member here and he likes the mid range increase) and expect it will be better again with the ability to write to the ecu but all that costs money. There are no legal replacement exhausts and when you install PCV or bazzaz you disable the oxygen sensor so you loose altitude adjustment as well. So why no save some cash and get the bike you wanted by hitting up the dealer for the better ecu?

Edit: to be clear I'm not asking for money for my bazzaz map, I'm just sharing it with members here. I tried to email bazzaz a few times and they ignored my emails so I'm not going to upload a map that I paid hundreds for to their website.
USSENTERNCC1701E and Kassu like this.

Last edited by sparehead1; 06-14-2016 at 10:52 PM.
post #8 of 53 Old 06-15-2016, 11:12 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
It seems that North American bikes do not seem to have the snatchy throttle issue.
post #9 of 53 Old 06-16-2016, 07:16 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 290 Post(s)
*** ECM issue update ***
Just spoke to Suzuki UK, have been informed that the actually IS a recall on certain models for replacement ECM (ecu). The receptionist for Suzuki UK was unable to provide me details of why there is a current recall though.
I have been asked to phone my local dealer quoting recall reference M-T-0012 to give them my chassis number and they will be able to confirm wether my bike is in the category for a recall. If they are unhelpful then I shall be calling Suzuki Uk back who are able to search as well.
* M-T-0012 *
From Simon on the Facebook Forum today...
post #10 of 53 Old 06-16-2016, 08:09 AM

Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by YawnY View Post
It seems that North American bikes do not seem to have the snatchy throttle issue.
I'm not sure how you figure that but you are wrong.
roy826 likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page