LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 Old 06-23-2016, 08:21 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Anyone drop their bike yet?

What was the result?

I am trying to determine if I need to get case sliders in case of a drop on the side. I currently have the TRex Sliders installed.
post #2 of 11 Old 06-23-2016, 10:27 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Garage
Yep, dropped my naked about 4 months ago. Coming off a gravel rest area at walking pace to join the highway and stalled it whilst leaned over with too little throttle. My legs weren't long enough/I wasn't fast enough to support it and down it went. A bit of damage to the ego but virtually nothing to the bike thanks to these: Suzuki GSX-S1000 '15- Aero Style Crash Protectors CP0393BL . The protector received minor pitting from the gravel and there was a very slight mark on the alloy muffler end-cap.

Glad I had the foresight to fit protectors as soon as I got the bike!
sangedegsx and goldfishlung like this.
post #3 of 11 Old 06-24-2016, 09:02 AM

Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldfishlung View Post
What was the result?

I am trying to determine if I need to get case sliders in case of a drop on the side. I currently have the TRex Sliders installed.
no of course not , every good biker throws themselves under their bike when they drop it . We lose lots of bark , bike is unmarked try it some time.
johngsxs1000 and Beaker like this.

post #4 of 11 Old 06-25-2016, 08:52 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4tune8 View Post
no of course not , every good biker throws themselves under their bike when they drop it . We lose lots of bark , bike is unmarked try it some time.
Do you wait for someone to come by and pick the bike off you? Need to learn the technique
post #5 of 11 Old 06-25-2016, 10:02 PM

being quite slim always managed to slide out once stopped, except one time when the bike was wedged under the armco ,so called safety railing, then i did require assistance , the armco pole had nice sharp edges and demolished my full face helmet, was lucky only needed 22 stitches around one eye, broken cheekbone, broken nose, and 2 broken teeth. Glad i was not wearing an open face that day.
post #6 of 11 Old 06-30-2016, 09:29 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
I dumped mine a few weeks after I got it. I did the ol' too much front brake with the wheel slightly turned @ 5mph in the driveway. I have an excuse. I've ridden 400,000 miles in my riding career and only a handful of those miles are in driveways.

Broke the footpeg off, very small scratch on lower portion of the radiator fairing, exhaust cap and the upper engine cover that sticks out . I bought a foot peg and exhaust cap for $90 and fixed the rest myself.
Detroitdawg likes this.

2016 GSXS1000
1988 Mustang LX
post #7 of 11 Old 06-30-2016, 04:34 PM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by swampass View Post
I dumped mine a few weeks after I got it. I did the ol' too much front brake with the wheel slightly turned @ 5mph in the driveway. I have an excuse. I've ridden 400,000 miles in my riding career and only a handful of those miles are in driveways.

Broke the footpeg off, very small scratch on lower portion of the radiator fairing, exhaust cap and the upper engine cover that sticks out . I bought a foot peg and exhaust cap for $90 and fixed the rest myself.
I did the exact same thing!

2016 GSX-S 1000 Matte gray
2005 Harley Davidson XL1200C Sportster Black
1996 KTM 360 EXC
post #8 of 11 Old 06-30-2016, 09:16 PM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroitdawg View Post
I did the exact same thing!
the moral of the story,Do not ride in driveways , they are the most dangerous of all places, stick to the streets guys......
Kassu likes this.
post #9 of 11 Old 06-30-2016, 09:25 PM

Quoted: 165 Post(s)
Garage
First day I had mine, all if the 60ish miles home from the dealer. Let my sister ride it, she's got a lot of miles under her belt, even had an R6 of her own for a few years with a couple track weekends; sold it while her kid is a toddler, but will be buying another in a few years. She headed down the drive way, hit the gravel at the bottom, front wheel slid out. She caught it like a champ, and apologized profusely.

2016 GSXS1000FAL6
post #10 of 11 Old 07-01-2016, 09:04 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 161 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by swampass View Post

That is precisely why I don't use any front brake below around 10 mph.

Also leaves your right hand available for rev bombs if there are any children nearby to scare. I kid, of course.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page