User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 Old 07-21-2016, 05:04 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
My experience with first service

So not 100% sure where to post this but thought any aussies might like to know the kind of customer service i got during my first service on the GSXS-1000.

I took my bike in for its first service at Peter Stevens Ringwood a week after it rolled off the showroom floor and was informed i had a puncture in my rear tyre. No big deal i had tyre and rim insurance so it was replaced for me while i waited.

I paid and went home, did somethings around the house then had a look over the bike to find this on my rear wheel:

https://postimg.org/image/gj6qjdmo1/

https://postimg.org/image/5xmv7dgch/

https://postimg.org/image/59e0ofhmp/

From what i can tell they smashed the rim against the caliper taking it off and the machine has also chipped and scraped around the outside of the rim.

I went straight back and they admitted it was them and offered to have their mobile spraypainter respray the rim. I have stated this is not good enough as i am convinced the paintjob will not be the same as factory.

I have met with the service manager who told me this is "something that happens all the time" and if they ordered me a new rim it would just happen to the new one putting it on. He also mentioned he had a hundred suzukis in his fleet that had banged up rims! He then went on to rub a bit of polish on my bike and say see look at this and then point out scuffs on the foot guards as though the rim damage was equal to normal wear and tear!

I have told them i wont accept anything less then a new rim, am i being unreasonable? Suzuki have washed their hands of it and said "not our problem".

Last edited by Armpits; 07-21-2016 at 05:08 AM. Reason: image links
post #2 of 12 Old 07-21-2016, 05:43 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 336 Post(s)
Garage
I have had plenty of tyre changes and 1 on this bike and have never had any rim damage, except nothing less than a new rim
Note to myself"do not go to peter Stevens Ringwood "
Good luck with it and enjoy the new ride when you settle with them
post #3 of 12 Old 07-21-2016, 08:08 AM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
New rim for sure. Never had rims come back like that, ever.

post #4 of 12 Old 07-21-2016, 08:19 AM

Quoted: 85 Post(s)
my first rear went at 3000k's , the 2nd was replaced at 5000ks and the 3rd will be going on at 6000k's , super soft and only get 900 to1000ks out of them, these changes done at the track on a portable tyre machine, in the open to all weather in the pit area , these guys have done countless tyre changes for me at the track over a 10 or 12 year period , and not once have any of my rims been damaged or scratched in any way. How ever as the dealer did not bring the damage to your attention prior to departure from the service, my gut feeling is they don't give a flying copulation ,{can't use bad language on the forum } so your chances of a new wheel from them is a snow flakes in ****.
As they admitted to it can you claim it on your wheel and rim insurance? Hate to sound negative but some dealers really won't help you , and if the rim is not bent , just take the respray, they should have the code to match the paint. And hey **** happens and if it's scratching and not buckled then be grateful they have offered to fix it at all they could have continued to play dumb, nah mate ,not our problem, didn't happen here etc
post #5 of 12 Old 07-21-2016, 10:21 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Had exactly the same experience when I had my rear tyre replaced. Fortunately for me, the dealership made no excuse and replaced it. When I had the front tyre replaced, not a single scratch.

Suzuki GS550E
Suzuki Katana 1000
Motto Guzzi 850 LeMans MK 111
Suzuki GS550E
Suzuki RG250
Suzuki GSX400 Impulse
Suzuki GSX600
Suzuki TL1000
Suzuki SV1000
Suzuki GSX S1000F
post #6 of 12 Old 07-21-2016, 12:03 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Garage
Aw man if that was mine the dealer would be missing a window!!!
I had a new set of tyres put on by my local independent garage and not a mark on them. I would not accept that at all. I would let them paint the rim but if it had the slightest mark or I was not happy with it then they would be replacing it till they got it right.

Certain people are like slinky's, no apparent use but always bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs
post #7 of 12 Old 07-21-2016, 12:10 PM

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
hey I had my seat not even slid into it's notches under the seat... and the right control was so far up my mirror could only see the ground behind me lol
post #8 of 12 Old 07-21-2016, 03:16 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 186 Post(s)
I would not except them spraying the wheel, they are powder coated from the factory and that's what I'd want. Yes it's a type of paint but they are very different in terms of toughness and if you want them to look the same....

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
post #9 of 12 Old 07-21-2016, 04:14 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Garage
That's a real shame. I hope you get it all sorted.

It's a shame that there are less people willing to just do their job properly, let alone go over and above these days. We need to start a thread about places we know provide kick ass service!

2010 Ducati 1098 Streetfighter S
2016 Suzuki GSXS-1000
2008 Suzuki Hayabusa
2007 Honda CBR600RR
2007 Hyosung GT250R
post #10 of 12 Old 07-21-2016, 05:48 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Thanks for all the replies! Im probably going to take it too VCAT which is our small claims court as they will not budge.

Such an amazing bike otherwise and my first brand new one since i started riding. I made sure to protect the tank and have been keeping it clean and in great condition so to have this happen is a kick in the teeth.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page