9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 Old 08-01-2016, 12:39 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
new ecu

well got the call from the dealer in swansea today to tell me my new ecu is here, it took 3 weeks but its here, so satarday afternoon it is going on, cant wait to see how much of a difference it wil make, i did see one person on here who said there was no difference but all the rest said there was a **** of a difference we shall see
post #2 of 20 Old 08-01-2016, 12:41 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 142 Post(s)
Due to strict emissions you'll still be better off with a remap using ref lash or an aftermarket fuel controller

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lumberjack likes this.
post #3 of 20 Old 08-01-2016, 04:52 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 290 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lumberjack View Post
well got the call from the dealer in swansea today to tell me my new ecu is here, it took 3 weeks but its here, so satarday afternoon it is going on, cant wait to see how much of a difference it wil make, i did see one person on here who said there was no difference but all the rest said there was a **** of a difference we shall see
Yep keep us up to speed... No idea where my one is on back order apparently...???
lumberjack likes this.

post #4 of 20 Old 08-01-2016, 11:42 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 316 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyt View Post
Yep keep us up to speed... No idea where my one is on back order apparently...???
You'll probably get Lumberjacks ECU after it gets reflashed back in Japan and sent out again. Suzuki are not rich like Honda lol .
tonyt and Kassu like this.
post #5 of 20 Old 08-03-2016, 05:02 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Had mine done last week. Hmmmm, seems to be miles better up top. 50mph roll on throttle response seems to be much much better, top end has also increased slightly and pulls well all the way to it without slowing early on like mine did previously. Also sounds healthier whilst at higher speeds too.
Suzuki said that top end wouldn't be affected as the changes were to rectify bottom end fuelling issues but I suspect it's increased it throughout the whole rev range.
Maybe the bottom end fuelling is slightly better now than I first thought when riding home from the shop but it is still a long way from perfect, quite disappointed with Suzuki to be honest.
lumberjack likes this.
post #6 of 20 Old 08-03-2016, 05:18 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Garage
Had mine handed back today after a new ECM, now runs like a dog! Fuelling issues right throughout the Rev range and at any gear, bike sags and jerks. In fact the only time it doesn't is under brisk acceleration. As soon as you throttle off or try to hold at constant revs, which is typically at the throttle on / throttle off point, fuel transport time lag makes it impossible to ride properly.

Don't put to much faith in the new ECM, check out TPS and after market fuel controllers as well.

Me I'm dumping the bike as a lemon and looking into alternate brands, after I given Suzuki GB a dressing down.
post #7 of 20 Old 08-03-2016, 05:32 PM

I've adjusted my tps today but not been out on it yet. Emailed Suzuki UK last Friday, not had a response yet? I love suzuki's but don't think I would buy new again. Will stick to the older models like my bandit.
post #8 of 20 Old 08-04-2016, 05:22 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 316 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vamp View Post
Had mine handed back today after a new ECM, now runs like a dog! Fuelling issues right throughout the Rev range and at any gear, bike sags and jerks. In fact the only time it doesn't is under brisk acceleration. As soon as you throttle off or try to hold at constant revs, which is typically at the throttle on / throttle off point, fuel transport time lag makes it impossible to ride properly.

Don't put to much faith in the new ECM, check out TPS and after market fuel controllers as well.

Me I'm dumping the bike as a lemon and looking into alternate brands, after I given Suzuki GB a dressing down.

Hi Vamp,
You can't answer this, but I wonder what tests the shop did in replacing the ECU other than the obvious of pulling the plugs out and sticking them back in the new ECU unit? Bet nothing from how your bike is reacting to the change.
I have searched my Gladius W/Manual for this task, but there is nothing listed. I have read all the too and throw of throttle maintenance and repairs, and the common ending is in 'resetting the ISC Learned Value".
ISC is Idle Speed Control.
As the secondary butterfly in the throttle body is closed when the bike is coasting or parked with the engine running, the ECU's STVA driven top butterfly (Suzi calls a butterfly a Valve) no air can get into the motor and the motor would stop.
But there is an air entry route around the Closed butterfly through a cut out in the butterflies spindle (the spindle is D shaped).
With the Suzuki or Heathtech etc tool, this value and 2 other throttle body learned values need to be reset to a 'learned value' in the ECU's memory and presumably has an influence of the air mixture mapping.

I am purely speculating (I am not a Bike Mech.) that that your new ECU has no useful value or some random value. I would assume the Factory flushes old test results and would load good values for the bike to run, but I wonder if they are spot on enough for you particular bike without fine tuning via the Service Tool.

Of course, the new ECU could just be stuffed too or the Battery terminals were left loose.

Rob.
post #9 of 20 Old 08-04-2016, 05:51 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 290 Post(s)
Looking like some with the new ECU are gonna have to invest in a PC5 and custom map to get the bike to run how it's supposed to...!!!
post #10 of 20 Old 08-04-2016, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vamp View Post

I think I would be taking it right back to them!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page