Suzuki GSX-S1000 and GSX-S1000F Special Edition Introduced - Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum
User Tag List

11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 Old 08-02-2016, 10:28 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Suzuki GSX-S1000 and GSX-S1000F Special Edition Introduced

BOTH THE SUZUKI GSX-S1000 CARBON EDITION AND THE SUZUKI GSX-S1000F TOUR EDITION GET SOME SPECIAL FEATURES AND GRAPHICAL MODIFICATIONS.

above : Suzuki GSX-S1000 and GSX-S1000F Special Edition

Japanese auto giant Suzuki has introduced special editions of the GSX-S1000 and the GSX-S1000F. The naked Suzuki GSX-S1000 Carbon Edition is available in two colour schemes and gets carbon covers for the rear hugger, crankcase, clutch, and alternator, along with matching coloured Brembo monoblock brake callipers. The bike also gets fluorescent yellow graphics and rim tape for the signature MotoGP Blue colour scheme, while the Red and Black scheme gets them in white.

above : Suzuki GSX-S1000 Carbon

The Suzuki GSX-S1000F Tour Edition is also available in both of the colour options with silver graphics. Other additions to the special edition are a taller windscreen, 15-litre tank bag and a 12-litre tail pack for a better touring experience.

Elaborating on the special edition bikes, Rob Cooper, Suzuki GB marketing manager, said, "The GSX-S1000 is a super-naked that already ticks plenty of boxes, thanks to its aggressive styling and the fact it’s powered by the engine from the iconic GSX-R1000 K5. The new special editions will further stand out from the crowd, with their attention-grabbing graphics and coloured Brembo callipers. The GSX-S1000F is the everyday sportbike, with a comfortable riding position and weather protection, while retaining it’s GSX-R character. However, we are seeing that a lot of customers are using theirs above and beyond a weekend blast, and are often journeying further afield. The Tour Edition means that customers that are considering using it for that purpose, can do so with even more comfort and practicality.”

above: Suzuki GSX-S1000F Tour Edition

Powering both the bikes is the same 999cc inline-four engine that powers the legendary GSX-R1000. However, the motor has been tuned to a slightly relaxed mode, making 145PS of power at 10,000rpm and a peak torque of 106Nm at 9,500rpm. The kerb weight for the naked version is 209kg (with ABS), while the faired version tips the scales at 214kg.

above: Suzuki GSX-S1000F Carbon Edition

Both the GSX-S1000 Carbon Edition and GSX-S1000F Tour Edition are available from authorised Suzuki dealerships in the UK from August. The GSX-S1000 Carbon Edition comes with an RRP of 9,499 , while the ABS trim will add 500 more. The Tour Edition GSX-S1000F retails for 10,299

Last edited by CtrlU; 08-02-2016 at 10:32 PM.
post #2 of 15 Old 08-02-2016, 10:35 PM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Meh...not feeling the excitement.
sangedegsx likes this.
post #3 of 15 Old 08-02-2016, 10:41 PM

Quoted: 114 Post(s)
It's a start, but not particularly exciting.

post #4 of 15 Old 08-02-2016, 10:42 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wojo72 View Post
Meh...not feeling the excitement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaked View Post
It's a start, but not particularly exciting.
why not, a bit of carbon here and there definitely sparks the excitement in me.

i kinda like the graphics of the tour edition, dont you think our bikes are way too plain.

Last edited by CtrlU; 08-02-2016 at 10:44 PM.
post #5 of 15 Old 08-02-2016, 10:47 PM

Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Nah, the extra graphics looks very ordinary and a couple of covers doesn't wow me. Give me a factory quick shifter and exhaust options, as a starting point, and then I'm interested.
ackack and mattnz like this.
post #6 of 15 Old 08-02-2016, 10:58 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Nah, the extra graphics looks very ordinary and a couple of covers doesn't wow me. Give me a factory quick shifter and exhaust options, as a starting point, and then I'm interested.
ha ha , got your point ... + slipper clutch too
Jaked likes this.
post #7 of 15 Old 08-02-2016, 10:58 PM

Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Quote:
and a half decent shock
Jaked likes this.
post #8 of 15 Old 08-02-2016, 11:10 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattnz View Post
and a half decent shock
+ led turn indicators

lol lets send a mail to Rob Cooper, Suzuki GB marketing manager saying that we aren't excited.

and excitement really means

1. quick shifter
2. exhaust options
3. slipper clutch
4. decent shocks
5. led turn indicators
6. etc etc

Jaked and bobfarrell like this.
post #9 of 15 Old 08-03-2016, 02:05 AM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Garage
For me, yip better rear shock and a proper radial master cylinder from say GSXR 750/1000, gives the brakes more of a bite, sorry don't get the quick shifter thing for road riding, on the track I can understand it 0.100 makes a difference, but on the road ?? But that's just me.
post #10 of 15 Old 08-03-2016, 05:14 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
I was so annoyed when I saw this ! I was pretty much 50/50 between a GSX S1000F and a Z1000SX when I purchased. Loved the engine on the Suzuki too much to go for the Kwak, but was a tiny bit sad not to have factory hard luggage (though found it stupid that no factory panniers AND top box were available on the Z1000SX - you have to choose between one or the other).

Anyway needless to say I'm relieved to see it's just a couple of bits of semi-hard luggage and a new screen (which I've already replaced anyway), plus some decals which I find pretty ugly anyway.

Panic over.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page