User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 08-18-2016, 08:23 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Unhappy Engine's head oil leak (oil spraying)

I am a new registered member but I used this forum as a quest since the beginning of 2016.

I never saw (found) a thread talking about my engine issue. I wondering if I am alone experiencing oil leak on this engine.

Issue; there is a very small hole under each exhaust port (header). On mine, the right one is spraying oil to the header when I hit the throttle from the idle. So, when I am waiting to a red light for more than 10 seconds, next time I twist the throttle (gently or hard = no difference) there is a small cloud of oil smoke that come from the right side panel of the engine. After 200km, the plastic coolant container is oily because oil spills on it from the small hole under exhaust port. This is not head or valves cover gaskets issue for sure.

My dealer and I had a look on that yesterday at the end of the day. The engine has to be removed from the frame now to change the engine's head.......

Someone ever heard something about the same kind of issue ?
post #2 of 2 Old 08-18-2016, 08:57 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
When i build engines for myself i would mill a grove in the block from the outside of the piston sealing area to the outside edge of the block. If anything started to go wrong you could see oil or water come out and not destroy the engine.
These engines my have something like that.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page