GSXS 1000 Forum banner

my suspension settings

15K views 20 replies 9 participants last post by  mattnz 
#1 ·
after some trial and error and having the bike looked over by a few people i trust and who have a bunch of experience setting up bikes, below are the current settings. a few variables that matter first:

- i'm 205lbs without gear. 6'3" tall
- tires are pirelli super corsa SP's (180/55 in the rear)
- riding style is spirited (no commuting miles on the bike, all twisties and canyon riding or track days)

front:

preload at 3rd line (about a half a turn less preload than stock)
rebound - 5 clicks out from full hard
compression - 5 clicks out from full hard

rear:
preload set to one rung away from full hard
rebound - 3/4 turn out from full hard.

in general i prefer the rear to be on the high side and the front to be on the lower side so the bike has a forward bias. prefer the bike to compress under braking as it helps with direction when trail braking.

so far so good, i'll let you know if i change things.

See less See more
#5 ·
when you say "Harsh" is it like a rock when hitting a bump? Does your backside keep getting bounced out of the seat?
You're a lighter guy, you might just need more rebound but we'd all probably need a better description than "harsh" to make any reasonable assumptions;)

#18 ·
quite a difference between rebound and compression, i'm just curious why so? most rebound and compression settings are pretty close to one another in my experience.

4.5 rings showing on front preload given your weight makes sense, i'm 200lbs and have 3 rings showing, just a bit softer than stock setting

db

#14 ·
Just a few issues with write up. First off fat bars are standard, 2nd the bike does not have a hydraulic clutch and tyre pressure on the front was incorrect should be 36psi cold.
Just an observation but surely these writers should get the facts correct.

Reactions: vnuh
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.