LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 Old 09-19-2016, 04:04 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
End of constant throttle woes

It's been a while since I've posted, so it's time for an update.

Constant throttle and irratic fuelling plague my early ownership of my bike, to the point of my wanting to off load it as quick as I could. My local dealership support was weak and I genuinely felt total dejection. Speaking with Suzuki GB yielded no results worth divulging. So what did I do?

I nagged at Suzuki to change the ECM, under protest they did but the problems persisted.

Thanks to the Primary TPS thread on this group I directed the dealership to resolve that next. Clearly refuting this fix, they recruited Suzuki GBs tech wizard to review the bike. Guess what....yep the TPS was out of alignment and set low.

First ride post fix proved at 95% fix, so I'm once again a happy boy.

So what next. We'll........

If decat' dthe bike and gone for a full yoshimura system, stainless headers into a black metal magic R11. I've had a bmc race air filter installed together with a Rapid Bike Evo tuner with a quick shifter.

The dealer kindly did a pre mod and post mod dyno run and the results are interesting.
Pre 143.7 rwbhp and 76 ft lb of torque, (baffles in)
Post 151.9 rwbhp and 80 ft lb of torque. (Baffles in)

Whilst this is all encouraging, it does include any tuning on the rapid bike as its using the stock RB map and set to auto tuning. I've got to run it for a couple hundred miles and take it back for a third dyno run.

Parking that, the bike has seen a 7 rwbhp, dropped at least 10kg in weight, now has a throaty growl but the best thing...that quick shifter, wow, just wow. By God does the bike shift now!

You have to try this, no way am I parting with this thing now, I just love it!
lee711 and caynam like this.
post #2 of 9 Old 09-19-2016, 04:49 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Garage
Great to hear you've finally got the bike that she always wanted to be!

Quickshifter sounds like yet more encouragement to say goodbye to your license...

ENJOY!

2010 Ducati 1098 Streetfighter S
2016 Suzuki GSXS-1000
2008 Suzuki Hayabusa
2007 Honda CBR600RR
2007 Hyosung GT250R
post #3 of 9 Old 09-19-2016, 04:54 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ESXB0Y View Post
Great to hear you've finally got the bike that she always wanted to be!

Quickshifter sounds like yet more encouragement to say goodbye to your license...

ENJOY!
Yup, I couldn't agree more. The way it's set up, it's full throttle for change up. It's great to use but way to easy to break speed limits. I tracked the bike and the QS full beans on the throttle reach 150 before I wimped out. Had to reall hold on as it took off.

post #4 of 9 Old 09-19-2016, 04:56 PM

Garage
Awesome! What a rush!

I forget during the week when I commute how much of a weapon this is. Then when I go for a blat on the weekend and that rush hits... Lordy it is good to be alive!

Can't wait to take her to the track for the first time.

2016 Suzuki GSXS-1000
2008 Suzuki Hayabusa
2007 Honda CBR600RR
2007 Hyosung GT250R
post #5 of 9 Old 09-19-2016, 05:22 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
I recon given the dyno results I liberated additional hp taking crank to 170-175bhp. I'm now chasing more. Thinking of shedding weight with carbon parts and of course I still get to play with that tuner. The dyno graphs show torque has a flat spot between 4.5 and 7k revs. The hp plot shows a dip in conference with the torque results. The rapid bike has sorted that. The torque dip has been smoothed out and hp lifted to produce a nice constant increasing curve. And that's before fine tuning.

I can't recommend the rapid bike enough, mind you that yoshi sounds epic.
I'll have to do a video.
post #6 of 9 Old 09-19-2016, 05:52 PM

Garage
I've got a Yoshi full system on mine, and that sound does stir your soul! Going to take a slightly different approach and get my stock ecu tuned, though.

A video is always appreciated!

If you're after more power, PTR do performance camshafts SUZUKI GSX-S1000 PERFORMANCE CAMSHAFTS - Suzuki GSX-S1000 2016?. They also do a stroker kit to take the engine to 1200cc and around 205hp.

Think critically about weight reduction. Replacing plastic parts with carbon won't save you that much. Swap your battery to a Lithium based one, I prefer EarthX. They save a good few lbs of weight. If you've got the money, then carbon wheels save some more, and decrease rotational mass which is very noticeable. Swapping to lighter sprockets and chain will also give you a nice weight reduction and reduce rotational mass again. Lighter brake discs are also a good one for a decent bit of weight saving too.

If you want to get REALLY serious, finding an aluminium or carbon fuel tank would save a heap, but you'd probably need to get somebody to make one for you. Getting a new subframe made out of aluminium would save more weight too.

By this stage you could probably have just bought a GSXR and done the standard filter/full system/tune and got close to the same result, tho...

2016 Suzuki GSXS-1000
2008 Suzuki Hayabusa
2007 Honda CBR600RR
2007 Hyosung GT250R
post #7 of 9 Old 09-19-2016, 08:03 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 161 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ESXB0Y View Post
If you're after more power, PTR do performance camshafts SUZUKI GSX-S1000 PERFORMANCE CAMSHAFTS - Suzuki GSX-S1000 2016?. They also do a stroker kit to take the engine to 1200cc and around 205hp.
$1400 cams and they don't provide any info, not even a dyno run or hp numbers??? Come on...
post #8 of 9 Old 09-19-2016, 08:30 PM

Garage
But won't they lose credibility if they post up figures of "Unicorns and rainbows".

When I asked them, they did come back with this:

"It is best to port & cams. The cams will benefit mid to top power.
Unfortunately the head has to come off to change the valve springs and the engine has to come out to dial the cams in. So if you go to this trouble you may as well port the head while it is all apart."

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffroGymnast View Post
$1400 cams and they don't provide any info, not even a dyno run or hp numbers??? Come on...

2016 Suzuki GSXS-1000
2008 Suzuki Hayabusa
2007 Honda CBR600RR
2007 Hyosung GT250R
post #9 of 9 Old 09-27-2016, 01:43 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Vamp, so did you fit a new ECU and the problem was not resolved??

GSX-S1000 blue naked abs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page