• 3 Post By Barter

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 09-22-2016, 05:25 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
NEW ECU Fitted Under Warranty UK

Ive just had new ECU fitted at Suzuki's expense, having been dissatisfied with the jerkiness and unpredictability of low down fuelling on my F model (built just before cut off date Feb 2016). I was a bit concerned at occasional adverse comments about the new ecu in these posts, but the result on my bike has been an immediate and noticeable improvement with no downsides. The engine was otherwise near faultless anyway, with outstanding torque, mid range and pick up, but the new ecu was a very good move and the bike runs as it always should have done, with no downsides. The acceleration has not been adversely affected and it howls to its limits at least and possibly better than before. The on/off throttle glitch has gone almost entirely and low speed corners can be entered without fear of the former irritating sudden lunge to near closure as the throttle is eased back. I see no point now in a costly dyno job, unless you have money to burn.

I rode the bike 40 miles to my dealer this morning in TC2 mode and back the same route in the same mode after a 2 hour installation. There is no mistaking the improvement and I now have no complaints. The rear shock is limited and harsh on bumpy northern back roads, so I may replace it next year - but on A roads it is fine and not a cause for damming the bike. A Kawasaki Z1000 I rode last year had dreadfully hard and unyielding rear suspension, but this one I can live with. I had forgotten how good Suzuki engines are - it is rapid and smooth, pulling hard in any gear from just about any revs.
Jaked, m0bnd and shanRRgard like this.
post #2 of 5 Old 09-23-2016, 01:41 AM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Garage
I notice the same, I had my ecu replaced this week. It is noticeably better to ride. If your dealer knows what they are doing and set up the TPS's correctly it really is quite nice to ride. I agree with you about the rear shock, it needs improvement but only when riding bumpy roads is it really noticeable other wise you can live with it.
post #3 of 5 Old 09-23-2016, 04:39 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 316 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanRRgard View Post
<snipped> I agree with you about the rear shock, it needs improvement but only when riding bumpy roads is it really noticeable other wise you can live with it.

I've done 1700 km on mine now from new.
Initially on my fav bumpy road the rear shock was harsh and the bike felt like the seat was too high and I was getting a kick up the a*rse as well. I found that the 42 psi was too much (as others have said in a previous thread).

I found immediate improvement going to 36 psi in the rear tyre.
All this is on standard settings from the Factory and I weigh 95 kg, so extra lard helps over the bumps helps by absorbing some upward acceleration and adding more inertia.

Now at 1700 km, I am running the rear at 40 psi, the OEM fork and shock settings still as delivered, and I am 100% happy.
The tyre sidewalls could be a bit softer now and the higher pressure is compensating.

And the "jerky" throttle (post TPS Adjust) is not evident very much now and should hopefully reduce some more by another thousand km. I have the sec edition ECU as an OEM fitment.

Rob.

post #4 of 5 Old 09-23-2016, 07:18 AM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slower and Slower View Post
I've done 1700 km on mine now from new.
Initially on my fav bumpy road the rear shock was harsh and the bike felt like the seat was too high and I was getting a kick up the a*rse as well. I found that the 42 psi was too much (as others have said in a previous thread).

I found immediate improvement going to 36 psi in the rear tyre.
All this is on standard settings from the Factory and I weigh 95 kg, so extra lard helps over the bumps helps by absorbing some upward acceleration and adding more inertia.

Now at 1700 km, I am running the rear at 40 psi, the OEM fork and shock settings still as delivered, and I am 100% happy.
The tyre sidewalls could be a bit softer now and the higher pressure is compensating.

And the "jerky" throttle (post TPS Adjust) is not evident very much now and should hopefully reduce some more by another thousand km. I have the sec edition ECU as an OEM fitment.

Rob.
Ive done just over 3000kms now, run 36 psi tyre pressure. Still way to bumpy for me, im about 80kgs .
post #5 of 5 Old 09-23-2016, 02:33 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 290 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanRRgard View Post
Ive done just over 3000kms now, run 36 psi tyre pressure. Still way to bumpy for me, im about 80kgs .
Same here... just going to stump up coin for a Nitron 1 asap...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page