5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 Old 09-24-2016, 03:05 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
crashed

Riding home last Saturday night around 10:30 a BMW pulls along side and starts screaming and honking his horn. Then proceeds to swerve hard into my lane forcing me into the center divider. I didnt even have time to hit brakes, slammed into the curb doing about 40-45 mph and next thing i remember is someone standing over me helping me up. The BMW took off and unfortunately no one was able to get his license plate. I ended up with a concussion, bone fractured in my right hand a large patch of road rash on my lower back from my jacket lifting up. All things considered could have been much worse but WTF is wrong with people!!!

As for the bike well...both rims bent beyond repair and right side faring is roached. and the starter motor cover is scratched to ****..but thats it!!! still not sure why there was so little damage. not complaining of course.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1175.jpg (215.3 KB, 214 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1173 2.jpg (180.8 KB, 209 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1179.jpg (204.1 KB, 200 views)
post #2 of 19 Old 09-24-2016, 03:30 AM

Quoted: 142 Post(s)
Very sorry to hear but very happy you're relatively ok

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #3 of 19 Old 09-24-2016, 03:31 AM

Quoted: 142 Post(s)
Maybe contact the police and see if they can pull some surveillance footage from nearby. Or you can even ask businesses that have camera pointed in that area. Maybe someone captured something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

post #4 of 19 Old 09-24-2016, 04:33 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Did something happen in the lead up to incident?
A good reason for having a head cam I think, could have been much worse!
post #5 of 19 Old 09-24-2016, 05:04 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Did something happen in the lead up to incident?
A good reason for having a head cam I think, could have been much worse!
no thats what makes this all the more heinous.totally unprovoked. i had a a sena 10C on my helmet but it wasnt turned on and broke off / lost when i crashed
post #6 of 19 Old 09-24-2016, 05:07 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
new rims will be delivered monday and im thinking about purchasing the naked fairing kit instead of the F.
post #7 of 19 Old 09-24-2016, 08:44 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
If you change to naked the front forks will need to be adjusted to make up for the lack of down force and weight loss.
post #8 of 19 Old 09-24-2016, 11:36 AM

Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Glad that the damage to your body and bike was not worse. It sounds like it could have easily been a lot worse. The randomness of it is really frightening. He (and I assume it was a he) was probably drinking or on drugs and showing off to his passenger(s).

I am and older rider and still love to ride. Did a 230 mile loop ride yesterday on my gsxs (love this bike). But I have made a decision that I will not ride at night. The average car driver's skills are poor at best and the probablility of impairment is greater after cocktail hour. Plus I think that darkness tends to bring out the ******* behavior in assholes.
tonyt and Kassu like this.
post #9 of 19 Old 09-24-2016, 07:07 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 315 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
If you change to naked the front forks will need to be adjusted to make up for the lack of down force and weight loss.

Hi HoleShot408, Sorry to read about your misfortune - Hope you heal fast and no lingering issues with your hand.
I had a mishaps a year back with a car turning across the boughs of my other bike, and it's taken my left hand a year to recover with 2 broken bones and torn ligaments, wrist pain, so I share your hands experience. I hope you are a left hander.

I read a bike mag when they originally were released, and he said the Suzuki Intro at the press brief said that the F has 10 mm more fork oil than the N, to counter the downforce from the front fairing and screen at speed. He thought the F was a better 'road feel' because of that extra oil.
No mention of spring rate though, and I see that RaceTech hasn't a listing for the GSXS yet.
Rob.
post #10 of 19 Old 09-25-2016, 02:54 AM

Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slower and Slower View Post
Hi HoleShot408, Sorry to read about your misfortune - Hope you heal fast and no lingering issues with your hand.
I had a mishaps a year back with a car turning across the boughs of my other bike, and it's taken my left hand a year to recover with 2 broken bones and torn ligaments, wrist pain, so I share your hands experience. I hope you are a left hander.

I read a bike mag when they originally were released, and he said the Suzuki Intro at the press brief said that the F has 10 mm more fork oil than the N, to counter the downforce from the front fairing and screen at speed. He thought the F was a better 'road feel' because of that extra oil.
No mention of spring rate though, and I see that RaceTech hasn't a listing for the GSXS yet.
Rob.
Just use the GSX-R1000 springs, they are the same.

I'm getting racetech springs for my forks and rear in the next coming weeks, i'll let you guys know how they go.

2016 Suzuki GSX-S1000 Blue

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page