• 1 Post By rickster

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 09-25-2016, 08:01 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
faired vs. naked

I posted a thread regarding which version i should get and got some great feedback on the matter and wanted to say thanks again for the responses i got, going with the red/black naked as my next bike. One question i wanted to ask and this more out of curiosity than anything, on some vids and articles i've seen they say that the faired bike handles and brakes better than the naked version, but at what speeds would they referring to. I mean at what speeds are we talking that the faired bike edges out the naked?
post #2 of 5 Old 09-26-2016, 02:55 AM

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Never having ridden the naked mind you, I would think it would require 80 mph to ton-up and over velocity to tell any difference. And probably then only if you could ride them back to back? Happy to report, mine is much more capable in the twisties than I am, and that's a good thing (I've had it the other way and it can ruin your day). And yes the scheme is cool on the red/black...but I was smitten with the blue .
Rhyno54 likes this.
post #3 of 5 Old 09-26-2016, 03:01 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 317 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhyno54 View Post
I posted a thread regarding which version i should get and got some great feedback on the matter and wanted to say thanks again for the responses i got, going with the red/black naked as my next bike. One question i wanted to ask and this more out of curiosity than anything, on some vids and articles i've seen they say that the faired bike handles and brakes better than the naked version, but at what speeds would they referring to. I mean at what speeds are we talking that the faired bike edges out the naked?

Hi, Can't answer your question, but are you aware that the F model has the rear shock preload set at position 3 (in Au &least) and the S at position 4.
The spring rate is unknown. The F also has 10 mm more fork fluid than the S to allow for the wind force on the fairing at ? speed.
With the SV 650 & 1000 series, Suzuki considered the F to the touring variant and fitted a softer rate of springs, than the streetfighter, the S.
So probably means you need to test ride both to determine how it delivers for you compared what you want the new GSXS to do for you.

I've not ridden the F, but I suspect that it would have a softer front end by using air compressed by the extra oil c/- firmer rate springs.
The forks on my N are as standard on the firm side initially, although they have bedded in now and ideal for me after 1700 km.
I am sure others have tested both, and can enlighten us all.

The brakes of my Naked are fine as far as I am concerned once bedded in, with bedded in, the key.

Rob.
post #4 of 5 Old 09-26-2016, 04:10 AM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
The F is much more planted at all speeds than the naked ( more weight on the front ) - brakes seem the same- but no doubt the pads will be changed for something better for most people- best mod for this bike.
post #5 of 5 Old 09-26-2016, 06:27 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 63 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Thanks guys

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page