Track Day Donnington - Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum
User Tag List

 3Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 Old 10-22-2016, 05:31 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
ludster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: West Midlands
Posts: 50
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Track Day Donnington

Earlier this month , did a trackday at Donnington on the Gsxs1000f , I can confirm the bike can hold its own in the fast group , tyres are M7rr but I'm gonna switch to Dunny Sportsmarts when these are shagged. I am 12.5 st and I found pos 5 on rear preload lifted the rear and gave nice feel and handling .On the front I ran preload showing 2 rings , and comp and reb on 7 clicks out. Brakes were ok but not brilliant tbh , but I guess it dependes what you are used too. Anyway all in all a brilliant day and the bike performed well , so if you are considering getting your gsxs on track DO IT !
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 14502715_10210257853032228_1357969020091838027_n.jpg (73.7 KB, 48 views)
File Type: jpg 14462769_10210257854992277_8202462582576731819_n.jpg (81.8 KB, 51 views)
tonyt likes this.

Last edited by ludster; 10-22-2016 at 12:16 PM. Reason: pictures
ludster is offline  
post #2 of 18 Old 10-22-2016, 05:40 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
ludster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: West Midlands
Posts: 50
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Donni

My bike , rear seat pod , powerbronze screen rear pegs skipped
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 14492590_10210202782175491_1547393919487341838_n.jpg (117.5 KB, 55 views)

Last edited by ludster; 10-22-2016 at 05:51 AM. Reason: spell
ludster is offline  
post #3 of 18 Old 10-22-2016, 01:51 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: mid Wales
Posts: 307
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ludster View Post
Earlier this month , did a trackday at Donnington on the Gsxs1000f , I can confirm the bike can hold its own in the fast group , tyres are M7rr but I'm gonna switch to Dunny Sportsmarts when these are shagged. I am 12.5 st and I found pos 5 on rear preload lifted the rear and gave nice feel and handling .On the front I ran preload showing 2 rings , and comp and reb on 7 clicks out. Brakes were ok but not brilliant tbh , but I guess it dependes what you are used too. Anyway all in all a brilliant day and the bike performed well , so if you are considering getting your gsxs on track DO IT !
just wondering why are you going from m7rr,s to sport smarts as i am thinking of going the other way, i have sportsmarts and when they are shagged im going to put on m7rr,s, i must just say that the sport smarts are very good but thought the m7rr,s were better
lumberjack is offline  
 
post #4 of 18 Old 10-22-2016, 02:06 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
ludster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: West Midlands
Posts: 50
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lumberjack View Post
just wondering why are you going from m7rr,s to sport smarts as i am thinking of going the other way, i have sportsmarts and when they are shagged im going to put on m7rr,s, i must just say that the sport smarts are very good but thought the m7rr,s were better
I like the front Dunlop more than the front Metz to be honest. Dunnys give me more feel , however I know plenty of guys who prefer the other way round. Either tyre will do you well and will handle fast road and track riding with ease.
lumberjack likes this.
ludster is offline  
post #5 of 18 Old 10-22-2016, 02:31 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: West Kent UK
Posts: 724
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 290 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ludster View Post
My bike , rear seat pod , powerbronze screen rear pegs skipped
Looking good Ludster.... Where did you get you rear seat pod please...?
tonyt is offline  
post #6 of 18 Old 10-22-2016, 02:38 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
ludster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: West Midlands
Posts: 50
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyt View Post
Looking good Ludster.... Where did you get you rear seat pod please...?
pod is off ebay , think it was £65.00 ...cant remember , replaces the rear seat completely
ludster is offline  
post #7 of 18 Old 10-23-2016, 05:02 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Thornton-Cleveleys UK
Posts: 152
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Ludster, Did you have your gopro filming ???

Yam FS1E
Hon CB100
Hon CB200
Suz X7
Suz GS550E
Suz GSX750
Yam 350YPVS
Hon VFR750
Yam RD350(air)
Kaw GT550
Kaw ZZR600
Yam FZ1S
Suz Burgman 650
Hon VFR1200 DCT (Don Guhl ecu flash)
Suz GSXS1000-F-Touring Killed buy a car
Suz GSXR1000 K7
R1KSU is offline  
post #8 of 18 Old 10-24-2016, 01:03 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
ludster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: West Midlands
Posts: 50
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
no gopro
ludster is offline  
post #9 of 18 Old 10-24-2016, 05:25 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 71
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)

Heres me a while ago on a cold and damp Cadwell Park, just chilling filming a chap on a superduke and giving instruction. Everything standard incl D214 tyres.
Thumperbob2002 is offline  
post #10 of 18 Old 10-24-2016, 08:44 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
ludster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: West Midlands
Posts: 50
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Novice group I take it
ludster is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome