LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 Old 11-07-2016, 06:38 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 262 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Test ride today

Hello all

so i test drove a gsx-s1000 today----loved it and put a deposit down......as soon as my other bike is out of the shop Im trading her in. (fz-07 yamaha).

My biggest fear before the ride was, of course the throttle issue many have complained about.....on the bike I drove I did not find this present at all. She held a nice, smooth, constant speed the whole time.

One question I have is, does suzuki ship this bike with a "yoshimaru package" preinstalled. The one I put a deposit on is new and the dealer swears it was shipped with the carbon exhaust and tail tidy in place. I dont mind because I would have done both mods but I just cant seem to find reference to the bike being offered like this from the factory.....though i know you can buy the parts from the accessories website.

They are not charging any extra for it and the bike asking price is awesome
post #2 of 11 Old 11-07-2016, 06:56 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 173 Post(s)
Garage
I made the same switch from an FZ-07 to the GSX-S1000 too. I had so many problems with my FZ-07 it was the easiest decision I've ever made. Unlike the FZ-07, after 2nd gear this bike still hauls ass. My FZ-07 was in the shop nearly 3 month out of the 7 months I owned it. Sounds like you probably have had a similar experience.

If you got the Yosh Edition here's what it comes with.

To enhance the already aggressive feel and style of the GSX-S, the GSX-S1000 Yoshimura Special Edition comes fitted with a host of new components, including a Yoshimura R11 exhaust, Yoshimura steering stem nut, timing plug, paddock stand bobbins, oil filler cap and bar end. In addition to the Yoshimura parts, the special comes with a stunning new graphics kit, as well as a selection of specially chosen genuine accessories.

Previous Rides:
2012 CBR250R
2014 CBR500R (ABS)
2016 FZ-07

Current Rides:
2016 GSX-S1000 (ABS)
2016 CB300F
post #3 of 11 Old 11-07-2016, 07:27 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Garage
It's more than likely the yoshimura power pack if you are in the US.

Yoshimura Suzuki GSX-S1000 / F 2016 IGTP POWER PACK

2016 Suzuki GSX-S1000 Blue

post #4 of 11 Old 11-07-2016, 10:17 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
I'm one more guy who traded an FZ-07 in on the GSXS. Never had one problem with the bike during the 4500 miles that I had her. I just wanted more of a bike. I certainly got that with my S1000F
post #5 of 11 Old 11-08-2016, 02:13 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
the gsx certainly has more power but it was more than that....the fz-07 just feels cheap in comparison....from the assembly of the body panels to the way the engine revs to the way it shifts....the gsx is just a nicer machine....much more refined. the FZ is better suited as a first bike but I was honestly a little dissapointed in the fit/finish of most of yamaha's bikes. even after my upgrades it was hard to get past the budget feeling of the bike.

On another note..It does appear to be the power pack from the link above.....however, because of another forum discussion.....I realized that it doesn't seem to be the ABS model even though its listed as such......Its funny because I asked them why it doesn't have the sticker and the guy double checked saying it is listed as ABS....but then I research further after i'm home ....they have a picture of the bike's cluster while on in their add.....no ABS light (+ no abs stikcer) = dealer dont know whats up.

Not a big deal since i haven't bought yet, just put down a deposit but I was basically getting the exhaust and tail tidy for free so I hope they are willing to transfer it to the new bike.
post #6 of 11 Old 11-08-2016, 08:15 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
The FZ-07 is a "Budget" bike! The only thing I didn't care for was the low gearing in the first four gears. I suppose they wanted an easy to wheely machine.
[IMG][/IMG]
post #7 of 11 Old 11-08-2016, 08:57 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
The GSX-S750 is a budget bike to, mine is awesome.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 14858731_954375631375680_1565813095_o.jpg (180.2 KB, 20 views)
wabill likes this.
post #8 of 11 Old 11-08-2016, 09:04 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 173 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madman View Post
The GSX-S750 is a budget bike to, mine is awesome.
Fit and finish is night and day between the two however, day being the Suzuki.

The first few miles I put on my S1000 I knew it was the right choice and was absolutely confident in my decision. I never felt that way about the FZ-07. They could've done a much better job with it but they chose to do the absolute bare-bones minimum to maximize profits using inadequate parts.

Previous Rides:
2012 CBR250R
2014 CBR500R (ABS)
2016 FZ-07

Current Rides:
2016 GSX-S1000 (ABS)
2016 CB300F
post #9 of 11 Old 11-09-2016, 05:14 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wabill View Post
The FZ-07 is a "Budget" bike! The only thing I didn't care for was the low gearing in the first four gears. I suppose they wanted an easy to wheely machine.
[IMG][/IMG]
I m also upgrading for more power but I did loos at the 750 when I was at the shop.....It was nicer. A simple tapping on the plastics with your finger would demonstrate the difference in material quality. Competition is tuff...2 years ago the fz-07 didn't quite have competition but suzuki had time to answer.

Honestly though, even if you compare yamahas liter bike, the fz-10 to the gsx-s1000, the fz -10 feels cheaper. It almost feel like more was spent on the engineering of the suzuki.
post #10 of 11 Old 11-09-2016, 10:55 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dqban View Post
the gsx certainly has more power but it was more than that....the fz-07 just feels cheap in comparison....from the assembly of the body panels to the way the engine revs to the way it shifts....the gsx is just a nicer machine....much more refined. the FZ is better suited as a first bike but I was honestly a little dissapointed in the fit/finish of most of yamaha's bikes. even after my upgrades it was hard to get past the budget feeling of the bike.

On another note..It does appear to be the power pack from the link above.....however, because of another forum discussion.....I realized that it doesn't seem to be the ABS model even though its listed as such......Its funny because I asked them why it doesn't have the sticker and the guy double checked saying it is listed as ABS....but then I research further after i'm home ....they have a picture of the bike's cluster while on in their add.....no ABS light (+ no abs stikcer) = dealer dont know whats up.

Not a big deal since i haven't bought yet, just put down a deposit but I was basically getting the exhaust and tail tidy for free so I hope they are willing to transfer it to the new bike.
Did you happen to snap any pics at the dealership which you could post?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page