post #1 of 12 Old 11-10-2016, 06:33 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Test Riding a GSX S1000F

Hello All

Test riding a 2016 GSX S1000F this morning. Anything I should be aware of that is a known issue?

A couple of issues from my research:

1. Snatchy throttle
2. Fitting a magnet Tank Bag - I'll take mine and try it.

I'm coming from a 2006 FZ1S

Thanks
post #2 of 12 Old 11-10-2016, 06:46 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 336 Post(s)
Garage
Test Riding a GSX S1000F

Nothing I can think off other than try and sit at constant throttle in second and/or third gear around 3000 rpm which is a common cruise speed and see hot it goes.
I rode an fz1 naked about a 2006 not long back and the power seemed so similar to the GSXS only a bit less responsive so your comparison will be interesting as I think the HP is very similar

Previous bikes
1982 YZ80J
1977 TS185
1981 XR500
1994 GSX750 Katana (Popup)
1981 GSX1100
1999 GSX750F
2008 GSX1400
Current bikes
2005 V-Strom 650 Blue
2016 GSXS1000F Blue
post #3 of 12 Old 11-10-2016, 06:47 PM

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
For snatchy throttle issue do some light on - off throttle at low speed and mid corner.

post #4 of 12 Old 11-10-2016, 07:02 PM

Quoted: 336 Post(s)
Garage
It's a shame the bike is getting a very bad reputation for this that surely effects world wide sales

Previous bikes
1982 YZ80J
1977 TS185
1981 XR500
1994 GSX750 Katana (Popup)
1981 GSX1100
1999 GSX750F
2008 GSX1400
Current bikes
2005 V-Strom 650 Blue
2016 GSXS1000F Blue
post #5 of 12 Old 11-10-2016, 07:33 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 186 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicka View Post
It's a shame the bike is getting a very bad reputation for this that surely effects world wide sales
It is but suzuki only have themselves to blame, if they pulled there finger out there arse and sorted a small issue (to them) there increase in sales would have more than covered the money lost by several times. You can't tell me their chief test riders, engineers and corporate big wigs did not know of these issues.

0% sympathy from me

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
BioTeq likes this.
post #6 of 12 Old 11-10-2016, 07:36 PM

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicka View Post
True.
The throttle is not that bad to me with the TPS set by a dealer, cables adjusted and everything worn in.
The bike is not a cruiser without fuel adjustments.
post #7 of 12 Old 11-10-2016, 07:46 PM

Quoted: 262 Post(s)
Talking

i test drove one on monday....no issues with the throttle on the bike I drove at all. It was a decently long test drive and I had a chance to drive through town. I had read plenty about the throttle issues and tried to replicate. Though definetly more responsive than my FZ, I really could not replicate the issue. The salesman didn't know but didn't think anything had been done to the ECU. He said they had uncrated it only recently and it came out of the box with the yoshimaru performance pack fitted already.

Besides, whats wrong with a little snatch?!!
post #8 of 12 Old 11-10-2016, 10:06 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 172 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dqban View Post
i test drove one on monday....no issues with the throttle on the bike I drove at all. It was a decently long test drive and I had a chance to drive through town. I had read plenty about the throttle issues and tried to replicate. Though definetly more responsive than my FZ, I really could not replicate the issue. The salesman didn't know but didn't think anything had been done to the ECU. He said they had uncrated it only recently and it came out of the box with the yoshimaru performance pack fitted already.

Besides, whats wrong with a little snatch?!!
It's the big snatches you gotta worry about...

Previous Rides:
2012 CBR250R
2014 CBR500R (ABS)
2016 FZ-07

Current Rides:
2016 GSX-S1000 (ABS)
2016 CB300F
post #9 of 12 Old 11-11-2016, 03:03 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
yep the on/off throttle is noticeable but not so annoying as to bother a huge amount. Worst was mid corner holding the throttle to balance the bike. Tried a few low speed round-a-bouts couldn't replicate it. My fave tuning shop has a fix using a power commander and a custom map to fatten up the fueling at small throttle openings.

The motor is nice, traction control is noticeable but again not annoyingly so (on 2) Turned it off and the engine did "appear" more responsive. She pulls nicely, hard to compare to the FZ1 as it had power commander, custom map, K&N filter and full akrapovic system. Speaking of the TC wish that orange Off light could be.... off.

Most impressive thing was how it handled in the twisties. Big grin. Loves to be chucked from side to side, those Dunlops are a surprise Much better than the FZ1 on Michy's Pilots. Steering is slower than the FZ1 but oh so much more confident

Other nice thing was the gearbox. Now THAT is how a gearbox should work. Whines like a bitch in sixth tho

Seat is very comfy but supportive, had an hour run this morning with no problems at all. Love the renthal bars. Wasn't sure how well the screen would work, at 100 kmh (and a bit ) did a decent job

Finish is good, that stoopid plastic cover over the front of the tank is going to stop me mounting a magnetic tank bag.

Had the Yoshi can on it, don't know what if anything it does other than aesthetics

All in all a positive result...
put down some $ and pick it up in the morning.

Got a nice deal as it was a demo with a whole 231km on it when I finished riding it. Pix to come when she is in the garage

Colour: the only choice!! Red / Black coz red goes faster
Beaker and R1KSU like this.
post #10 of 12 Old 11-11-2016, 09:37 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoAJ View Post
It's the big snatches you gotta worry about...
Haha Nailed it!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashpixx View Post
yep the on/off throttle is noticeable but not so annoying as to bother a huge amount. Worst was mid corner holding the throttle to balance the bike. Tried a few low speed round-a-bouts couldn't replicate it. My fave tuning shop has a fix using a power commander and a custom map to fatten up the fueling at small throttle openings.

The motor is nice, traction control is noticeable but again not annoyingly so (on 2) Turned it off and the engine did "appear" more responsive. She pulls nicely, hard to compare to the FZ1 as it had power commander, custom map, K&N filter and full akrapovic system. Speaking of the TC wish that orange Off light could be.... off.

Most impressive thing was how it handled in the twisties. Big grin. Loves to be chucked from side to side, those Dunlops are a surprise Much better than the FZ1 on Michy's Pilots. Steering is slower than the FZ1 but oh so much more confident

Other nice thing was the gearbox. Now THAT is how a gearbox should work. Whines like a bitch in sixth tho

Seat is very comfy but supportive, had an hour run this morning with no problems at all. Love the renthal bars. Wasn't sure how well the screen would work, at 100 kmh (and a bit ) did a decent job

Finish is good, that stoopid plastic cover over the front of the tank is going to stop me mounting a magnetic tank bag.

Had the Yoshi can on it, don't know what if anything it does other than aesthetics

All in all a positive result...
put down some $ and pick it up in the morning.

Got a nice deal as it was a demo with a whole 231km on it when I finished riding it. Pix to come when she is in the garage

Colour: the only choice!! Red / Black coz red goes faster
Congrats. did you get a demo price for it?
ChicagoAJ likes this.

Last edited by Xtremsiege2; 11-11-2016 at 09:39 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page