LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 Old 11-12-2016, 06:26 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 321 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Disappointed in my Fellow Riders Today

Hi Guy's,
I was coming home from a run on the bike and had to stop at the Traffic Lights.
On the other side of the intersection, there were 6 bikes already stopped in the centre lane. An old Goldwing and 1 Standard and 4 HD Clones.
Nodded to the group, no return nod given. So what, your problem.

Go about 800 metres up the road (60 kph zone) and there's a young Copper from the Hwy Patrol with a hand held radar gun wearing a hi vis jacket standing in the footpath entrance of a child pre school. The footpath driveway curve is well vegetated and the school signage is all hi vis green yellow to boot. I was well aware of this spot as it often Policed as the road prior was 80 KPH zone before the lights. His car was parked on the footpath.

All 6 fellow Riders has just passed this Copper, BUT not one gave any sign to me while stationary for a minute at those lights of his presence just up the road, waiting for me.
The usual is to rotate an upright finger in a circular motion or wave your hand downwards or flash your lights. Not today.

Being a Law abiding person, I always stay at or below the posted 60 kph there, and today I was at 58 when I say him from about 500 metres and all the cars for some reason (dual lane) stayed at 60 as well.
Of course, I gave The Officer a thumbs up as I passed him, but he was looking through the gun into the distance and missed it.

Rob.
post #2 of 16 Old 11-12-2016, 06:41 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 266 Post(s)
Same here with some riders too. I used to laugh at some of the sports riders and blame it on them not being able to take their hand off their clip ons or their neck already being bent up as far as it will go just to see where they were going. I'd wave at them from my SP2 just to show them how
There used to be a time when everyone gave each other a nod or a wave but no so much now.
We still get some good ones when there is a speed trap about. I've been flashed by cars, vans, lorries and other bikers in the past. It's now actually been made an offense to warn oncoming drivers of a speed trap but most still do it. Bloody ridiculous if you ask me!

Pull my finger
post #3 of 16 Old 11-12-2016, 07:39 AM

Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Where I am (near Sydney) I've noticed its guys on Harleys that dont nod or give any warnings about speed traps. I always nod just in case they accidentally bought the wrong bike or they borrowed it for the day but for the last 20 years no harley rider has ever showed the same courtesy. Too busy looking angry so I wont know they are really accountants having a mid life crisis I guess.
Redman and sangedegsx like this.

post #4 of 16 Old 11-12-2016, 09:36 AM

Quoted: 180 Post(s)
I have a concours 14, too. I would not mention this, except its happened several times, here in the USA.

People on full dress Harleys wave at me, but when they see its not a Harley, they stop...

It becomes this awkward "Half-wave" sort of move, as they regretted their decision to wave in the first place.
post #5 of 16 Old 11-12-2016, 10:40 AM

Quoted: 165 Post(s)
Garage
In the UK it's illegal to warn other drivers/riders of speed traps. I think the charge is perverting the course of justice.
With regards to Harley type riders they have their head stuck up their ass here too. I thinks it's some superiority complex going on.
rcannon409 likes this.
post #6 of 16 Old 11-12-2016, 02:45 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
to busy thinking about a breaking down
Beaker and dahoar like this.
post #7 of 16 Old 11-12-2016, 07:18 PM

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Try waving with both hands, it works for me.
ChicagoAJ likes this.
post #8 of 16 Old 11-12-2016, 09:39 PM

Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by diver15 View Post
to busy thinking about a breaking down
Hehe, on the ferry to Tasmania a bloke on a harley was telling me what great bikes they were and what a great company they were. His anecdotal proof was one of the guys riding with him on a harley less than a month old had developed a severe bottom end knock and they had found a harley dealership in Tasmania that was going to sort it out for him

In a group of 20 harleys with straight through pipes I have no idea how they knew something was wrong. Still credit where its due, they were happy to talk to the weird guys on suzuki's, made nice comments about our bikes, asked questions about them and genuinely seemed like nice blokes who liked to spend obscene amounts of money on bikes.
post #9 of 16 Old 11-13-2016, 07:19 AM

Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ackack View Post
In the UK it's illegal to warn other drivers/riders of speed traps. I think the charge is perverting the course of justice.
W.
But we still do it
Im a bus driver and try to warn bikers of speed traps if I see one

Yam FS1E
Hon CB100
Hon CB200
Suz X7
Suz GS550E
Suz GSX750
Yam 350YPVS
Hon VFR750
Yam RD350(air)
Kaw GT550
Kaw ZZR600
Yam FZ1S
Suz Burgman 650
Hon VFR1200 DCT (Don Guhl ecu flash)
Suz GSXS1000-F-Touring Killed buy a car
Suz GSXR1000 K7
post #10 of 16 Old 11-13-2016, 10:45 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 186 Post(s)
I'd like to see them actually try to do anyone for it, unless you sat there doing it all day I don't think they could. Everyone does it

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page