GSXS 1000 Forum banner

I am a new GSX S1000 Owner, Again

2K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  obijack 
#1 ·
So I had battery issue (see recent thread) on my 4 week old grey GSX S1000A 2017 and long story short, the dealer did the right thing, gave me options, and I ended up with a 2016 Blue GSX S1000. Throttle and fueling on this so far are great (not snatchy, not fuel cut, easy at low rom without being jerky etc.. Not perfect but far far different and better.

Broward Motorsports Fort Lauderdale. Best dealer I have ever dealt with which includes Several Luxury German Car Dealers where I obviously was spending lots more money etc....

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Interesting that a 2016 is better than a 2017, also interesting that the two bikes are totally different in fueling verifying to some people that say there is nothing wrong with this bikes fueling.

#4 ·
The first bike I test drove (but did not buy due to lack of ABS) was buttery smooth with only an added Yoshi can. I wasnt the first to ride but it only had like 25 miles on it.
I next test drove the one I bought...I watched them uncrate in the morning and I was the first person to actually drive it. There was a noticeable difference in throttle smoothness.
I never thought my bike was bad though and totally acknowledge that my quest to fix is mostly my OCD coupled with the knowledge of what the first bike was like.

#5 ·
I was the first person to ride my 2016 black/red GSXS1000. I tested a grey faired version. Both bikes had perfect fuelling and none of the problems listed in this forum. Yet the service manager subsequently bought his own red/black GSXS1000 and he had problems. Makes no sense that the factory can be hit and miss like this.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.