GSXS 1000 Forum banner

ATLAS Throttle Lock

7K views 23 replies 8 participants last post by  mike d 
#1 ·
So I just ordered one of these:

An ATLAS Throttle Lock.

Set me back $196 AUD including postage.

I have tried the Omni Cruise (which I hated), and currently have the KAOKO Cruise Control installed (it works, but I find it a little fiddly trying to twist the throttle and screw at the same time. Plus you have to back-off in order to twist the throttle again and engage the screw, or use your left hand to engage the screw. Either way, I'm not 100% happy with it, but it's my only option for now).

Does anyone already have an ATLAS Throttle Lock?

My only concern at this stage is making sure it doesn't hit the tank with the handlebars on full lock.

Will let you guys know how it goes. Whether it's good, or whether I just blew $196. Lol.

Oh, and the website to order if you live in AUS is here: https://atlasthrottlelock.glopal.com/en-AU/

At least it's universal so I can always sell it if it doesn't work or fit the GSXS for some reason :)

See less See more
#4 ·
It looks like a more expensive version of the NEP. If you can get the Atlas to work you can probably get the NEP to work and it's much cheaper. I didn't have space between the grip and the throttle cable box the get the NEP to work with unmodified stock grips.

#5 ·
Yeah my mate has a NEP on his Tuono. We tried to get it to work on my bike with no luck. The ATLAS rotates with the throttle, but the NEP has to stay in a fixed position by holding onto your throttle cables. Due to the throttle cables being at the top of the throttle, rather than underneath, it means the NEP is upside down.

Apart from that, we just couldn't find a way to install it in order to get it to work properly :(

#8 ·
I have a Kaoko on my FJ-09 and I love it, works great and looks great. I only use it if I'm doing a long ride , hour or more. I loosen it up so it's not catching and when I want to use it's just a quarter turn which I can do with one hand, takes a few seconds to adjust my speed once I engage it.

#23 ·
Can you flip the NEP around so that the lever is at the top? My aftermarket handlebars are pretty low. If so, do you think it would possible to operate one handed?

Also, how does the NEP work? I like the friction pad idea of the Atlas but clueless about the NEP. Can you still throttle off with the NEP engaged?

I'm pretty much settled on the Atlas top version, just wondering if I can save a few bucks with the NEP before I take the plunge.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

#17 ·
Hmmm...
Okay... I think I remember doing some xacto surgery on the protrusions between the two rings now. On mine, I think they just held the stock over-molded throttle side grip in place and I think I may have just razor knifed those off to create a clear channel for the nep.

Sorry I'm so old and forgetful... It looks like that might work for you though.

#18 ·
Keep in mind I did a couple of unsuccessful iterations with a different version of the nep, so I think I might have done the xacto surgery on a prior unsuccessful attempt, and then it worked when I found the right model of the nep. At this point I could be creating false memories though. ;)

#21 ·
Well, worked on it again tonight and for some reason it went right on without having to cut the ring off. Not sure what was going on before but it works now. Thanks to Mike for the heads up on a cheap. but effective, cruise control.

#22 ·
Sure glad it worked for you. I felt bad that i couldn't remember my exact steps, and I know, like you, it was one of those, it doesn't work / now it does, things.
I really like mine and I've got a Kaoko in the garage that I'll sell cheap if anyone wants one. The nep is just so much easier to use (and I use it a lot).

Thanks for the update!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.