13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 Old 07-28-2017, 08:29 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
NEP CC-4 Cruise Control for Suzuki

So after buying an Omni Cruise, Kaoko Cruise Control, and Atlas Throttle Lock (and not being happy with any of them), I finally bit the bullet and bought a NEP Cruise Control.

The only reason I never bought one earlier is because the dealer kept telling me they don't make one to fit the GSXS (they recommend the Vista Universal Cruise Control for the GSXS). After wasting so much money on other products, I told him I don't care, just give me one.

So the model that fit's most Suzuki's is the CC-4.

I got it to fit, and it works really well. If anyone is interested, the video is here:

Nikga, mike d, TheDude and 1 others like this.

2016 GSX-S1000 (Triton Blue)
Puig Screen
Oggy Knobs
Kaoko Cruise Control
Ventura Rack
RAM Mount
Evotech Radiator Guard
Power Commander V
Arrow Pro Race Slip-on
post #2 of 14 Old 07-28-2017, 08:47 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 181 Post(s)
Thanks for the review. Sounds like you found a winner there!
suzukiguy_1978 likes this.

The Dude Abides and Rides:
2017 Suzuki GSX-R 1000-Blue

Track only

2017 R6-Blue/Black
post #3 of 14 Old 07-28-2017, 10:25 PM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 528 Post(s)
Garage
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you! I've been trying to adapt a NEP to my bike for a while now. I even bought an extra throttle tube and filed off the small flanges that integrated the grip with no success, because then the NEP I had (CC3?) would not tighten enough. I have a Kaoko, and it is just a PITA! I'm going to pick up a CC4 and try to make it work. It's such a cheap, simplistically elegant solution compared to anything else.

post #4 of 14 Old 07-28-2017, 10:25 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 390 Post(s)
Good job...love the accent!

--Gary

2016 GSX-S1000F, Red/Black
2014 V-Strom 1000
2012 DR650
2011 Burgman 400
2007 Honda Helix
2013 DL650 - Sold
post #5 of 14 Old 07-29-2017, 04:02 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 186 Post(s)
Nice job getting it fit.

I wish Suzuki would have offered this as an optional extra, id have bought it. I'm surprised they never offered it on the f model considering they even did a touring model.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
post #6 of 14 Old 07-31-2017, 09:07 PM

Garage
I received my NEP CC4 today and just got done slapping it on. It's a perfect fit. I had already replaced the OEM grips with a set of Pro-Grips, so I didn't need to trim anything at all. The Pro-Grips butt up against the large flange on the throttle tube and are contoured to fit perfectly. The combo looks like it was made for the bike. I'm going to leave my Kaoko on for some miles and make sure I prefer the NEP and that it continues to work solidly, but so far, so good.
BTW, I didn't have to trim the on/off lever on the NEP. There are still a few mm of clearance when at full lockout.
TheDude and suzukiguy_1978 like this.
post #7 of 14 Old 08-01-2017, 04:30 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Hi Suzuki guy
Was wondering what issues or why you didn't like the Kaoko
I have fitted them to several bikes including my current GSXS-1000 and am really happy with it and find it easy to use
Just interested in case the Nep is maybe easier to use
Interested in your thoughts as you have tried a few different styles of throttle locks
Cheers
Craig

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Free to associate
post #8 of 14 Old 08-01-2017, 09:00 AM

Garage
Well, to me, the difference is that the Kaoko needs to be adjusted properly with each application. It's not hard to do, but you still have to dial in the correct tension to actually hold the throttle at a given rpm, and if you roll the throttle off, you have to redo the tension again to get it locked.
The NEP has a hex nut that you adjust when you install it, that adjusts the tension when in the switched on position. Once adjusted, just flip the switch - it's on, flip the switch - it's off.
When the NEP is in the on position, you can still roll the throttle off if needed, or adjust you cruise speed and it stays set to the pre-adjusted tension.
I can't do that with the Kaoko.
Blood Simple likes this.
post #9 of 14 Old 08-01-2017, 10:54 PM

Garage
After testing out the NEP today, I made a slight mod that made a huge improvement (to me). The NEP CC4 piece is held in place by a "U" shaped piece of plastic that fits over the top throttle cable guide. There is enough slop that when you engage the lock, the throttle position settles at a slightly lower position than when you engaged it, meaning you have to roll a little throttle on after engagement. Well, fiddling with the stting is one of the things I hated about the Kaoko. So... tonight I shimmed the "U" shaped piece with a small piece of dense foam rubber to close the tolerance to zero against the throttle cable, thereby eliminating the slop in the attachment point. Now when I lock it in position, and release the throttle, the throttle stays exactly where I set it. That's the way it worked on my previous bikes because each time it was a kluged a solution and the NEP had a solid mount with relation to the throttle cable position. Now I really like it.
post #10 of 14 Old 08-09-2017, 01:49 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluedeuce View Post
Hi Suzuki guy
Was wondering what issues or why you didn't like the Kaoko
I have fitted them to several bikes including my current GSXS-1000 and am really happy with it and find it easy to use
Just interested in case the Nep is maybe easier to use
Interested in your thoughts as you have tried a few different styles of throttle locks
Cheers
Craig

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's just personal preference really. The Kaoko is a great product, but I found I always had to back off the throttle and re-apply the throttle while engaging the Kaoko in order to get it to work, which was a little annoying at 100+km/h.

The other option was to keep a steady throttle and try use my other hand to engage it. Again, not ideal. The NEP is just easier. Click the button and your done.
mike d likes this.

2016 GSX-S1000 (Triton Blue)
Puig Screen
Oggy Knobs
Kaoko Cruise Control
Ventura Rack
RAM Mount
Evotech Radiator Guard
Power Commander V
Arrow Pro Race Slip-on

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page