7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 Old 08-01-2017, 12:09 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Go Cruise Throttle Lock

I picked one of these up on a whim because I was doing a ride where I had 5+ hours of freeway riding round trip. I picked up the universal model that is adjustable because I couldn't find the diameter of our bars quickly on my phone. It's worth every bit of $30 to be able to stretch your throttle hand once in a while. I only used it when traffic was light but that was good enough to get me through the day. It was easy to install and only took me about 5 minutes to get the adjustment just right. It really felt odd to take my hand off of the throttle. I've never had a bike with any type of cruise control. The only issue that I had was that it's not that great unless the road is perfectly flat (duh..it's a throttle lock) and that's not really a big deal. You just have to give it a slight twist and then let go to maintain speed. It comes off quickly so I just threw it under the seat.
mike d and TheDude like this.
post #2 of 13 Old 08-03-2017, 07:11 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 606 Post(s)
i always had cruse control in a car used it a few times for a couple of minutes...just feels weird ..your either crawling up someones axx or falling behind.......had throttle lock on bike years ago that felt weird and dangerious
post #3 of 13 Old 08-03-2017, 10:52 PM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 569 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAVEITSTOCK View Post
i always had cruse control in a car used it a few times for a couple of minutes...just feels weird ..your either crawling up someones axx or falling behind.......had throttle lock on bike years ago that felt weird and dangerious
I finally got the throttle lock I wanted installed on the bike. A NEP CC4 and it fits perfectly with some trimming of stock grips, or aftermarket grips (I have Pro-Grip 731). I don't find it dangerous at all, because you can overcome the friction with no effort to roll the throttle off. I use it mainly when I want to rest my right hand, pick my nose, light a cig, give someone on the right side of me the finger, check to see if my wallet is in my pocket, flap my arms in the air like I'm an eagle, do the body builder pose for my adoring fans, etc. So,.. as you can see, it comes in very handy.
LEAVEITSTOCK, G-Dub and Schmails like this.

post #4 of 13 Old 08-04-2017, 12:15 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAVEITSTOCK View Post
I'm not going to lie. It did feel odd at first. I won't use it in traffic but it's nice when you get out in the open and you want to stretch your hand for a minute.
post #5 of 13 Old 08-04-2017, 12:26 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike d View Post
I finally got the throttle lock I wanted installed on the bike. A NEP CC4 and it fits perfectly with some trimming of stock grips, or aftermarket grips (I have Pro-Grip 731). I don't find it dangerous at all, because you can overcome the friction with no effort to roll the throttle off. I use it mainly when I want to rest my right hand, pick my nose, light a cig, give someone on the right side of me the finger, check to see if my wallet is in my pocket, flap my arms in the air like I'm an eagle, do the body builder pose for my adoring fans, etc. So,.. as you can see, it comes in very handy.
BTW, I'm going to remove the Kaoko I have installed. It is just a POS, and a PITA. I can't believe I got suckered into buying one of those at the price they charge. ... and they actually get good reviews? Go figure.
Obviously I didn't do a good sales pitch here, but if anyone wants to buy a Kaoko throttle lock CHEAP, let me know.
post #6 of 13 Old 08-04-2017, 04:25 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 152 Post(s)
Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to Kassu
Quote:
BTW, I'm going to remove the Kaoko I have installed. It is just a POS, and a PITA. I can't believe I got suckered into buying one of those at the price they charge. ... and they actually get good reviews? Go figure.
Obviously I didn't do a good sales pitch here, but if anyone wants to buy a Kaoko throttle lock CHEAP, let me know.
Hi Mike,

Please can you tell me why are you so unhappy with the Kaoko?
I want to buy one in order to cure the constant throttle issue.

I think sending it to Romania Europe is not the best option for you.

Regards,
K.

Annuit coeptis
post #7 of 13 Old 08-04-2017, 07:07 AM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 606 Post(s)
Quote:
i can see all the great thngs that can be done...wallet hit home made me laugh..all good points
post #8 of 13 Old 08-04-2017, 10:09 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kassu View Post
Hi Mike,

Please can you tell me why are you so unhappy with the Kaoko?
I want to buy one in order to cure the constant throttle issue.

I think sending it to Romania Europe is not the best option for you.

Regards,
K.
It's really not that bad, it just seems (compared to the NEP), a little finicky to turn on and get the adjustment right and that needs to be done every time you use it. Since I already had a NEP on previous bikes, I had expectations that Kaoko would be a little easier to use.
Kassu likes this.
post #9 of 13 Old 08-05-2017, 02:19 PM
mcm

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Hi Mike,

Found this on you tube (Ref: NEP CC4). Is the brake lever an issue for you? (am debating which type to get)

Thanks

post #10 of 13 Old 08-05-2017, 03:38 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcm View Post
Hi Mike,

Found this on you tube (Ref: NEP CC4). Is the brake lever an issue for you? (am debating which type to get)

Thanks
I have aftermarket levers (Pazzo - standard length). The brake just barely touches one of the NEP mounting tabs if I squeeze all the way in (way past what I would ever need to do in real life), and I have my lever adjusted to the closest setting. I don't consider it an issue at all.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page