LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 113 Old 08-13-2017, 10:31 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 560 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Where did you ride today?

I did 205 miles today through West Utah mountains and desert.
Today's route was Utah 201 west to I-80 west. SR 138 to Grantsville, Mormon Trail to SR 199. SR199 west over Johnson's Pass, with some nice twisties and beautiful tarmac. I took SR199 to Dugway, then headed north and looped back to Johnson's Pass on the old Lincoln Highway. As I headed back towards SLC, I could see some thunderstorms up ahead so I filled my tank in Tooele, did a 180 and headed south on SR 73. made it back without getting hit by a drop of water, but my bike was a mess because all the roads in the Salt Lake valley were soaked from the storm that had just passed. My wife said she was worried sick because it was really high wind, lightening, hail, and tons of rain. Glad I missed it.

While out in the middle of nowhere I hit a top speed of 141, I very quickly came up on some rolling terrain that made me back off because I didn't have enough view of the road ahead. That's the fastest I've gone on a bike, and the bike had plenty of stuff left. I'll have to admit... that was freaky. FREAKY FUN!!!

The bike was just amazing. Freeway, twisties, backroads... It just does everything so well.
mcm, LEAVEITSTOCK, G-Dub and 2 others like this.

Last edited by mike d; 08-13-2017 at 11:19 PM.
post #2 of 113 Old 08-13-2017, 10:56 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 195 Post(s)
I rode to waffle house on my bagger, then back home haha. My GSX needs a back tire and it was just too **** hot and humid today to be on any bike after 11am.
mike d likes this.
post #3 of 113 Old 08-13-2017, 11:03 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
I rode around Lake Berryessa (100 miles). Hwy 121/128. But I took the 701.
mike d likes this.

'17 Husky 701 SM

post #4 of 113 Old 08-17-2017, 12:20 AM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike d View Post
While out in the middle of nowhere I hit a top speed of 141, I very quickly came up on some rolling terrain that made me back off because I didn't have enough view of the road ahead. That's the fastest I've gone on a bike, and the bike had plenty of stuff left. I'll have to admit... that was freaky. FREAKY FUN!!!
This bike is so smooth, although I only took it to 110, not as fast but can imagine it is stable.

Wish I could ride there in Utah and to Moab.
LEAVEITSTOCK and mike d like this.
post #5 of 113 Old 08-17-2017, 12:57 AM
mcm

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thumbs up Nice.................................

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike d View Post
I did 205 miles today through West Utah mountains and desert.
Today's route was Utah 201 west to I-80 west. SR 138 to Grantsville, Mormon Trail to SR 199. SR199 west over Johnson's Pass, with some nice twisties and beautiful tarmac. I took SR199 to Dugway, then headed north and looped back to Johnson's Pass on the old Lincoln Highway. As I headed back towards SLC, I could see some thunderstorms up ahead so I filled my tank in Tooele, did a 180 and headed south on SR 73. made it back without getting hit by a drop of water, but my bike was a mess because all the roads in the Salt Lake valley were soaked from the storm that had just passed. My wife said she was worried sick because it was really high wind, lightening, hail, and tons of rain. Glad I missed it.

The bike was just amazing. Freeway, twisties, backroads... It just does everything so well.
Yep!

Where did I ride today you ask, M through Fr. all over L.A. (my new poem on behalf of my new work companion)

Won't talk about speeds (rpm only/ you can figure out the rest), yet will say that the feeling is mutual. Great handling bike at any gear, any rpm, fully loaded top and side cases, or none she just keeps on ticking.....................and yes with 190/55's at any conditions, etc.......... hitting 50k and rides better than at 12k after breaking in.
She screams with happiness, and never hesitates (love this mid range!).
Who says commuters don't have fun?
mike d likes this.
post #6 of 113 Old 08-17-2017, 01:19 AM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAADet View Post
This bike is so smooth, although I only took it to 110, not as fast but can imagine it is stable.

Wish I could ride there in Utah and to Moab.
If you ever make it to Utah, do a tour of the National Parks. From SR89 (a beautiful curvy state road once you get south of Spanish Fork canyon). My favorites are Capitol Reef, Bryce Canyon, Zion, and Arches (Moab). Goblin Valley and Canyon Lands are nice too.
Don't hit it on peak season. They are all way crowded now.
CAADet likes this.
post #7 of 113 Old 08-17-2017, 03:56 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Good ride around 250kms..got home survived..
mike d likes this.
post #8 of 113 Old 08-17-2017, 12:02 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro View Post
Good ride around 250kms..got home survived..
That always makes for a more enjoyable ride!
Jeffro likes this.
post #9 of 113 Old 08-17-2017, 01:38 PM

Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Slabbed it over to my daily twisty fix. Gotta go early now. It's 11am and 96 degrees. Tires like it though...
mike d and Jeffro like this.
post #10 of 113 Old 08-18-2017, 01:52 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Daily? Wow your lucky! I am in between jobs now ( for the last 5 months ha) and if weather allows I would be out there at least 2 - 3 times a week, but daily you got it good!
Jeffro

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page