User Tag List

17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 27 Old 11-30-2017, 04:35 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Garage
The main aim of the tune after the ECU reflash was to level out the fueling and increase the low down torque delivery, apparently these bikes are set up with very lean low end and then rich top end, his aim was to flatten this line out and get a smooth uniform fuel and power delivery using the PCv. After speaking to him on the phone he was really happy with the result and commented on how strong this engine was compared to others he had worked on, once i've sourced a full system ( or at least de-cat and add an end can) he is keen to get it back on the dyno and see where we can get the final numbers. This is a whole new area of modding for me and will get him to run through this whole process and how the numbers are achieved when i pick the bike up.
bking1441 and Simon W like this.

We're here for a good time, not a long time. (woolich, PCv, K&N, T-Rex, HM plus SS)
post #22 of 27 Old 12-03-2017, 03:40 PM

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)
very interested in how this turns out and would like to know your personal opinion of the changes to the bike in road use.

I am based in the midlands and would like to sign up with an ECU reflash company for my bike. Most that I have spoken too have not done a GSXS 1000. Want to sin up to someone with real experience and published results.

I know nothing and welcome the opportunity to share my knowledge with anyone crazy enough to take it
post #23 of 27 Old 12-04-2017, 04:17 AM

Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Tony, where did you get the reflash done? Hoping to get mine done in the spring, was thinking Hilltop as I know a couple on here are very happy with their results but they don't use Woolich as far as I know.
Glad your happy with the results

Suzuki GSXS 1000 FA

post #24 of 27 Old 12-04-2017, 04:59 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 290 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanditBrent View Post
Tony, where did you get the reflash done? Hoping to get mine done in the spring, was thinking Hilltop as I know a couple on here are very happy with their results but they don't use Woolich as far as I know.
Glad your happy with the results
Hi Mate.. I had mine done at Steve Jordan Mc's in Leatherhead Surrey .. I would say you must get it Woolich flashed as they can get right into the ECU to turn all the rubbish restrictions off including the fuel cut, as I understand Hilltop can't do that. I'm so pleased with the bike now its a keeper. I was thinking of selling the bike before I got the reflash done as I was so disappointed with the snatchy throttle and poor fueling even after fitting a PCv and custom tune.
Simon W likes this.
post #25 of 27 Old 12-04-2017, 08:48 AM

Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Thanks for the reply, that may be a bit far for me to travel, will look around closer to home.
I am In no hurry as don't have the snatchy throttle only the stuttering under 4000 rpm which just irritates me.

Suzuki GSXS 1000 FA
post #26 of 27 Old 12-04-2017, 07:35 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 290 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanditBrent View Post
Thanks for the reply, that may be a bit far for me to travel, will look around closer to home.
I am In no hurry as don't have the snatchy throttle only the stuttering under 4000 rpm which just irritates me.
You could always get the bike vanned over like I did..
post #27 of 27 Old 12-05-2017, 06:59 AM

Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee711 View Post
I'm on the verge of putting mine in over the winter at some point and getting it done too, I've got a pcv with adjusted original map and stock exhaust and the bike runs smooth but not perfect, i just need to decide whether or not to get a full de-cat exhaust fitted first.
Also has anyone used https://p3tuning.com/
P3 posted a woolich base flash and a pcv on a gsxs this week, think it started at 128 and they took it to 140bhp??? rubbish
I would get just a decat, no need for a full system, mine made 152bhp at junction33 dyno at Galgate Nr Lancaster with just a decat and standard can
LEAVEITSTOCK likes this.

Yam FS1E
Hon CB100
Hon CB200
Suz X7
Suz GS550E
Suz GSX750
Yam 350YPVS
Hon VFR750
Yam RD350(air)
Kaw GT550
Kaw ZZR600
Yam FZ1S
Suz Burgman 650
Hon VFR1200 DCT (Don Guhl ecu flash)
Suz GSXS1000-F-Touring Killed buy a car
Suz GSXR1000 K7

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page