• 1 Post By FreedomPenguin

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 08-16-2018, 03:39 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 261 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
GSXS1000 Flash discussion thread.

Lets do a consolidated thread on ecu flashing since a few of us got different mods and different ecu flashes from different places. For people in the future debating on getting a flash, they can use our reviews on companies and performance.
post #2 of 5 Old 08-16-2018, 03:40 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 261 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
-2018 Gsxs1000
-Stock air filter
-Stock exhaust with cat and muffler.

Didn't really do full exhaust or mods but I used danos performance and quite happy with a fuel remap and other goodies disabled. Left exhaust servo enabled and o2 sensor enabled. Completely fixed my snatchy throttle and runs smoothly.
Packmule likes this.
post #3 of 5 Old 08-16-2018, 03:50 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Danos performance flash
Cat removed and Scproject slipon
Marble mod

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

post #4 of 5 Old 08-16-2018, 04:30 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 231 Post(s)
Garage
I went directly to FTECU and got the harness, software and licence, then flashed it myself. This also makes it so I can take it anywhere that is compatible and get my bike flashed via dyno if I mod the bike. Should also make it cheaper since I have the hardware and can provide the license for my bike.

This also provides me with the ability to make setting changes if I do something like remove the air injection, or go with a pipe that removes the exhaust valve. All I have to do is plug my bike into the computer, check the right check box and flash away.

FTECU was also very easy to work with. I discussed their mail in service and they were actually happy to refer me to a local tuner who could do the bench flash and have me in and out via walk in service.

If you are in the USA, I'd recommend contacting them one way or another. Multiple ways to handle it. In the end it made sense in the possible long term to get my own stuff, plus, it's way fun to plug your bike into a computer and flash it myself.

As for the results. Wish I'd read the thread on TPS first. Hard to say how much the flash helped because the TPS was so far out on my bike. I did notice an improvement but it was masked by the TPS issues.

My only complaint at the moment (Last time I checked) is that FTECU, unlike Woolich, doesn't have the fuel cut elimination option. Hopefully that comes but I'm not holding my breath.

My Blog
Current Bikes:2007 Yamaha FJR1300AE | 2016 Suzuki GSX-S1000 | 1998 KTM 250 EXC | 2001 Suzuki DRZ-400E
Family Bikes: 2006 Honda CRF70F | 2005 Honda CRF230F
post #5 of 5 Old 08-16-2018, 08:46 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 486 Post(s)
Garage
I started off with FTECU, I bought the software and both bike harness and bench harness and the quick-shift, I also purchased a Daytona Systems AFR monitor so I could log the AFR and tune accordingly.

I found the FTECU frustrating, there were never the updates they promised (such as fuel cut - promised 2 years ago), unreliability of flashing (would sometimes take ages or multiple attempts to connect) and no live data for autotuning and the logs didn't contain data such as which map, what gear etc - but I still managed to produce a nice running fast ECU.

I sold that flashed ECU and quick-shiftECU and bought another along with the Woolich software along with autotune and racetools.

The Woolich system is far superior and more polished, always connects instantly and the autotune mostly works really well and it has the fuel cut.

I flashed 2 GSXS1000 with FTECU and 3 GSXS1000 with Woolich ( as well as 2 GSXR1000 L7 and a Z300)

I love having the ability to mod the bike, then go for a run and look at the differences. The autotune is good but you need to learn how to read it and not accept everything at face value.

Another advantage is having the SDS integrated so I can read codes and reset them

Downsides, Woolich themselves don't offer any tuned maps (except mapshare) and sometimes when there are a lot of updates the software can take an age to open

Bike currently: Is incredibly fast and smooth, I even added a faster throttle as I managed to eliminate 99% of the the snatchy throttle

2016 GSX-S1000F
  • home made tuned headers
  • SC Project slip on
  • BMC Filter with restrictor plate removed
  • PAIR closed
  • No exhaust valve
  • No stock 02 sensor

Flash
  • Fueling correct
  • Fuel cut disabled
  • Ignition advance added (in places) and restrictions removed
  • STP opens earlier and faster and restrictions removed
  • Rev limit 13,100
  • PAIR, 02, SET all disabled
  • Quick-shift and Launch control enabled
  • Idle speed and Fan cut in adjusted

More info on flashing at GSX-S.info
, will get a big update today

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page