User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 Old 08-26-2018, 05:02 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 262 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
differences in 2018 ECU

So here is what I am trying to figure out...

I had a 2016 USA. As we all know, there are various theories regarding jerky throttle and the 2015-2017 ecu settings. The USA 2018s got a new ECU(2017 in UK i think).

Has anyone here done a comparison of the OEM files yet?

I know the knew ECUs specifically were supposed to address the lower RPM fueling but not the jerkiness and have a smoother power delivery overall. I actually find this to be a very good description as I found the 2018 to be every bit as jerky (when I first got it) The low RPM fueling however, feels almost identical to my 2016 reflashed ECU.

I am also trying to specifically find out what the differences are in the OEM levels of engine braking (between the 16 and 18)....Still a touch strong on the 2018 but subjectively smoother. The "subjectively" is the problem; I can't tell 100%. (Especially since I dont have the old bike anymore!!)

I loved how my reflashed ECU had significantly less engine breaking even though the fueling felt similar. I actually think that what most people attribute to the fuel cut is more of an engine breaking issue. The ability to adjust engine breaking on the fly is even becoming a standard option more and more....Yamaha H2s anr Rs, honda Cb1000r and cbr1000 can do.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page