30Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 76 Old 08-30-2018, 03:13 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 311 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Any Guesses for 2019 models?

Any changes besides color for next year?

What would you like to see? I would love to see a model with hydraulic clutch and quick shifter.
tonyt likes this.

2016 Red/Black GSX-S1000F.

2015 BMW 1200GS
post #2 of 76 Old 09-02-2018, 03:50 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stromer View Post
Any changes besides color for next year?

What would you like to see? I would love to see a model with hydraulic clutch and quick shifter.
There were graphics of a Katana-style GSX-S1000. That would be a killer bike,a go-to solution in case my naked would ever bite the dust.

As for mechanical changes, I'm with you on the quickshifter and the clutch (lighter operation please, I do ride in the city a lot). Otherwise the bike is amazing as it is.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
post #3 of 76 Old 09-02-2018, 06:17 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 231 Post(s)
Garage
Bng!!!

My Blog
Current Bikes:2007 Yamaha FJR1300AE | 2016 Suzuki GSX-S1000 | 1998 KTM 250 EXC | 2001 Suzuki DRZ-400E
Family Bikes: 2006 Honda CRF70F | 2005 Honda CRF230F

post #4 of 76 Old 09-03-2018, 04:08 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 289 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miklos86 View Post
There were graphics of a Katana-style GSX-S1000. That would be a killer bike,a go-to solution in case my naked would ever bite the dust.

As for mechanical changes, I'm with you on the quickshifter and the clutch (lighter operation please, I do ride in the city a lot). Otherwise the bike is amazing as it is.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
The 17/18 bike got the new slipper clutch, so it should have got softer compression springs compared to the earlier ones. So you have an earlier one ?
Suzuki IMHO will no nothing more to the GSXS1K as it hardly has been a great sales success compared to the Opposition. It will get colour and graphic updates till they drop it when the next emissions arrive.
By then it will be around a 10 years old design. It was an old design held over from the Great Financial Meltdown of 2008, given the minimum to get it compliant with Euro 3 (then 4) in 2014.
There are better bikes to come, there always are.

Rob.
thecarguy likes this.

Last edited by Slower and Slower; 09-03-2018 at 04:10 AM.
post #5 of 76 Old 09-03-2018, 06:03 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 260 Post(s)
they made engine changes (vent holes) only 2-3 years into the model and added a slipper so dont see why other small tweaks are out of the question. The ECU already supports quickshifter in software so would be very little effort for them to add as an option...may already be planned and not implemented.

There are some rumors the next gsxs1000 will be the next katana....employing a similar strategy as kawai and their 900. One bike configured in several slightly different ways and skins.

The feature I would really like to have control over is adjustable engine breaking....May be a must have on my next bike.

new honda cb1000r, (hondas new competitor to this bike), slightly retro and comes with quickshifter and engine break adjust. Katana styling would answer the retro aspect.
post #6 of 76 Old 09-03-2018, 09:09 AM

Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Probably just new colors for 2019. I can see it getting some minor tweaks but I doubt it'll get anything major.

I don't see the point of a slipper clutch on a bike that can do over 100 km/h in 1st gear, at least not off the track. I mean if you're dumb enough to shift into 1st at 150, then you pretty much deserve to wipe out.

I like the GSXS's current role as a simple no-frills sport bike. That's why I bought it instead of the S1000R or the Tuono. Those features like a quick shifter and what not are really only needed on the track, and if you race on the track why wouldn't you just buy a GSXR? If ergonomics is an issue, you can add riser bars to the gixxer.
post #7 of 76 Old 09-03-2018, 09:58 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Cruise control... I don't know why it isn't there by default in almost all motorbikes already...
Miklos86 likes this.
post #8 of 76 Old 09-03-2018, 11:22 AM

Quoted: 261 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobeAmsterdam View Post
Cruise control... I don't know why it isn't there by default in almost all motorbikes already...
throttlemeister is a nice alternative. ive only used it a few times, for like hour long trips here and there, but it works nicely and looks nice to boot. They are weighted too so they reduce vibrations. I got standard sized ones on my gsxs, but you can get extra heavy ones and reduce it further. Yeah they are like 120 dollars I think, but worth it. When you get that cramp it helps a lot. I had them put blue tape instead of red on my last 2 bikes, (gsxr 750 and gsxs1000) both have these in black matte finish with blue tape insert.

https://throttlemeister.com

mine is same as this, but with blue tape instead of red. can post pics if someone ask me to

this is how they work, so smooth. this is the longer version on bike.

Last edited by FreedomPenguin; 09-03-2018 at 11:25 AM.
post #9 of 76 Old 09-03-2018, 12:24 PM

Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Ok so engine braking, is it possible to do some mods on the bike to decrease engine breaking, if so what can be done?
post #10 of 76 Old 09-03-2018, 12:26 PM

Quoted: 261 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlU View Post
Ok so engine braking, is it possible to do some mods on the bike to decrease engine breaking, if so what can be done?

engine braking can be completely removed with ECU flash among other benefits. Personally used this guy and several others did. Fixed fueling, fuel cut, among other features. (on very bottom of page)
http://www.danosperformance.com/ECU%20Flashing.htm
CtrlU likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page