2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 Old 09-01-2018, 06:23 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 261 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Got t-rex sliders installed today.

Did anyone else have 1 super tight bolt/hard to remove/install (front left clutch side) ?
3 of them came out perfect, but one was super tight. I looked in the hole and it doesnt look 100% lined up. it went in with some muscle, but it came out equally hard. Just wondered if anyone else noticed 1 bolt being significantly harder than the others. So it came from the factory that way.

Anything to worry about with one tight bolt?? I doubt the bolt would break off if I dropped it right? since theres 4 bolts holding that engine it should equal the shock out to the other bolts.

Here are my new sliders with no engravings.
mike d likes this.

Last edited by FreedomPenguin; 12-19-2018 at 08:16 PM.
post #2 of 12 Old 09-01-2018, 08:55 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 483 Post(s)
Garage
I used the single bolt shoguns so i can't comment on the tight bolt problem, but I do like the look of the no logo T-Rex!
post #3 of 12 Old 09-02-2018, 06:15 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 260 Post(s)
They look good.

I actually tried to buy a set through amazon thursday and it looks like t-rex may be out. They are the actual vendor on amazon. I tried to buy the red and the blue one and both times they refunded my money saying out of stock. I tried buying directly from them on their website on Friday morning and they haven't denied me yet. I hope this means they are reserving some stock.

Last edited by dqban; 09-02-2018 at 06:21 AM.

post #4 of 12 Old 09-03-2018, 10:53 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
I'd just call tomorrow. Considering they are made in house I wouldn't think they could run out, just make more lol
post #5 of 12 Old 09-03-2018, 03:13 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 231 Post(s)
Garage
Nice, and see how well they blend in with the rest of the black on the bike? It's almost like they aren't even there. A few weeks and you won't even remember they are there and in a few months you'll see a bike with the same color scheme without them and you'll scratch your head thinking that something looks off about the bike, almost like something is missing.

My Blog
Current Bikes:2007 Yamaha FJR1300AE | 2016 Suzuki GSX-S1000 | 1998 KTM 250 EXC | 2001 Suzuki DRZ-400E
Family Bikes: 2006 Honda CRF70F | 2005 Honda CRF230F
post #6 of 12 Old 09-03-2018, 04:48 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 557 Post(s)
I have a buddy who,s elbows are messed up....he walks around with his arms bent like T REX....he been called t rex as long as i can remember....tell ya what you try sanding that dude and he,ll put a world of hurt on ya
post #7 of 12 Old 09-03-2018, 06:16 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
I debated on smoothing it out, going to leave them as is. I like em. Look clean, might pull bike out in a bit and use real camera to take a pic
post #8 of 12 Old 09-05-2018, 11:38 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerjasen View Post
Darn near herniated myself today, but I did NOT test out the pucks. I have to say that's the lowest save I've done and it was waaaay past the point of no return but I did it. Yes, it was in the garage.

That is the only chance I have at dropping my bike truthfully. I move the bikes around a lot, if its ever going to drop. it'll be in the garage, which is why I finally broke down and bought these. Good deal! hope you didnt hurt yourself too bad.

Edit. T-rex told me if anyone wants to buy these, contact them, you can order the non engraved directly from them as a special request like mine was

they are designed so you should not pay more than regular, and if they try and say "development fee" argue it saying a member already paid that fee. (doubt they will) but never know someone might try and gouge a few bucks.

Last edited by FreedomPenguin; 09-05-2018 at 11:41 PM.
post #9 of 12 Old 09-14-2018, 12:16 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreedomPenguin View Post
Did anyone else have 1 super tight bolt/hard to remove/install (front left clutch side) ?
3 of them came out perfect, but one was super tight. I looked in the hole and it doesnt look 100% lined up. it went in with some muscle, but it came out equally hard. Just wondered if anyone else noticed 1 bolt being significantly harder than the others. So it came from the factory that way.

Anything to worry about with one tight bolt?? I doubt the bolt would break off if I dropped it right? since theres 4 bolts holding that engine it should equal the shock out to the other bolts.

Here are my new sliders with no engravings.
I also installed T Rex sliders to my bike and had a real tight bolt to remove/install (same bolt as yours) I had to double check that it wasn't cross threaded from the factory as that is what it felt like. The other bolts came out and went in smoothly . Seems strange that we both had the same problem. When installing the new bolt supplied by T Rex I had to keep checking that it wasn't getting cross threaded as it was very tight from the first part of the thread onwards.
post #10 of 12 Old 09-14-2018, 01:51 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Same. Oh well, I’m not worried about it. I figure Itl come out when time comes I’m sure. Did you get letters on your pucks?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page