17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 Old 09-21-2018, 01:33 PM
BKing111

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Questions about the throttle tamer.

Okay so I'm considering picking up the throttle Tamer to help smooth out the sensitivity. So my question is does this help at steady cruising at different RPMs or is it only for on off throttle movement. Cuz I'm finding as I ride down the Road at a steady speed every bump jolt whatever has me moving the throttle whether I want to or not LOL. Thanks guys. Gene
post #2 of 17 Old 09-21-2018, 01:57 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Hopefully someone who has one fitted will pipe up

I've fitted them in the past though so I assume for our bike, like others, it will provide for less cable movement at the beginning of the throttle position only...meaning it reduces sensitivity in that area only.

However the snatchiness seems to come mostly from there anyway.

Others will hopefully confirm
post #3 of 17 Old 09-21-2018, 02:45 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 254 Post(s)
Garage
Both. It spreads out the control so you need more movement for the result from the engine. It'll be much more controllable and softens out the jerks over the bumps. I don't even think about the throttle anymore since I got everything fixed on this bike.

Also, if you are worried about it being too soft, it's not, it's pretty **** perfect. In fact, when I switch to my other bikes their throttle feels soft in comparison.
BKing111 likes this.

My Blog
Current Bikes:2007 Yamaha FJR1300AE | 2016 Suzuki GSX-S1000 | 1998 KTM 250 EXC | 2001 Suzuki DRZ-400E

post #4 of 17 Old 09-21-2018, 03:04 PM
BKing111

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
That's all I needed to hear thanks brother. Yeah I'm not worried about on off the throttle the B King has that a little it's just that steady cruising I mean this is like my 12th Street Bike and I've been riding now for about 35 years so I feel my throttle controls at least average. But this thing is so darn sensitive I try to relax my grip a little loosen up my wrist it still Yanks me around when I hit a bump I'm going to order me up one right now.
post #5 of 17 Old 09-22-2018, 09:04 AM

Quoted: 312 Post(s)
I have a Kaoko throttle lock on mine and ride with just a tad of tension dialed in. Not quite enough to hold the throttle solidly in place but enough to prevent my hand from jerking the throttle when I hit bumps and such. This was a big improvement too in addition to the Throttle Tamer.

Ron
BKing111 likes this.

2016 Red/Black GSX-S1000F.

2015 BMW 1200GS
post #6 of 17 Old 09-22-2018, 09:34 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
I installed a Throttle Tamer on my 2018 S1000F mainly because of what I perceived as an overly sensitive throttle (fueling was not an issue). From a purely mechanical standpoint it only made about a 20% difference in the throttle response, but that amount actually made quite a substantial difference in overall controllability at light throttle operation (almost all of my riding is done at light throttle, lol, I'm an old man). IMO the throttle is pretty close to perfect now.

Another thing that helps with throttle control over rough roads is the fact that I'm still using the factory rubber grips, and there's a sort of friction "option" available at the root end of the grip because the Throttle Tamer doesn't have the root-end flange that the original throttle tube had, so I can just kinda hold the rubber flange on the grip up against the kill switch assembly and use that friction to help steady the throttle on rough roads.

The Throttle Tamer is the only mod I've made to my bike, and I'm quite pleased with the results.
gixxerjasen and BKing111 like this.
post #7 of 17 Old 09-22-2018, 11:47 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 487 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKing111 View Post
Okay so I'm considering picking up the throttle Tamer to help smooth out the sensitivity. So my question is does this help at steady cruising at different RPMs or is it only for on off throttle movement. Cuz I'm finding as I ride down the Road at a steady speed every bump jolt whatever has me moving the throttle whether I want to or not LOL. Thanks guys. Gene
Have you set the suspension up properly, I've upgraded and setup the suspension on my bike and then went the other way to a throttle tamer by fitting a much faster throttle as I don't get jolted around much by bumps and i hat having to twist my wrist too much to get WOT
Kaivalagi and BKing111 like this.
post #8 of 17 Old 09-22-2018, 12:42 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 577 Post(s)
i agree suspension worked wonders for snatch...mileage did as well
BKing111 likes this.
post #9 of 17 Old 09-22-2018, 08:03 PM

Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Sounds like a problem with riding technique rather than the bike. Going over bumps never causes me to move my throttle. Have you had this problem with other bikes?
post #10 of 17 Old 09-23-2018, 09:14 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainSlow View Post
Sounds like a problem with riding technique rather than the bike. Going over bumps never causes me to move my throttle. Have you had this problem with other bikes?
I disagree that the OP's problem lies with his riding technique. The issue of difficult throttle control on less-than-smooth roads has been widely mentioned since the bike's initial release.
PhuketPaul, Kaivalagi and BKing111 like this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page