• 1 Post By 18MatteBlack

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 10-05-2018, 12:17 PM
BKing111

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Handlebar Riser debacle

Okay I set out to bring my bars up so I would be a little more comfortable. Being a little tight on finances I thought I could cheap out and by some generic risers. As I'm sure some of you already know Suzuki made the bar clamps a little different i e they are tapered in at the top and the bottom of the top clamp where the bar is mounted they also taper down. I was in a hurry I didn't even look when I got the risers took them out of the pack then I realized oh they don't line up oh they're not sitting flush.lol. well seeing as how I got them from a generic vendor and they were $24 restocking fee plus shipping I decided to try and modify them. First I gnawed out the inside of the top bolt hole with a dremel so that I could tweak it over just enough to line them up then I had to cut washers in half and slip them under the rear mounts to give it some support even though I think it would have been okay don't want to come down off a wheelie and have them crack back there. So while I was surfing eBay last night I seen they have some on there made specifically for the GSX s for $40 at least I found out if it made any difference and if I would like to keep them that way which I do and I will so if you need a set here is the Ebay link. Cheers Gene. http://www.ebay.com/itm/2x1-20mm-Han...g5mbdnVh0Gqmvg
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20181003_150756.jpg (254.0 KB, 99 views)
pulsar2 likes this.

Last edited by BKing111; 10-05-2018 at 04:00 PM. Reason: Spelling not me this speak and spell modern technology you got to love it
post #2 of 6 Old 10-06-2018, 05:04 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
To me your generic bar riser modification looks down right dangerous, here in the UK if that were spotted they would seize the bike and prosecute you for having a dangerous vehicle.

4 wheels move the body, but 2 wheels move the soul.

1982 Honda CB750 BOL D'OR
2017 Kawasaki GTR 1400
2017 Suzuki GSX S1000
post #3 of 6 Old 10-06-2018, 02:56 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Great find!! I am sure the riser wasn't available a couple of months ago when I swapped the stock bars to a bar with no rise to it. Once installed, I found that the brake lever rubs against the turn indicators (Non- F model), and looking for a riser returned nothing for the around 1 inch rise that I wanted. This riser (ebay link) should work perfect for my use. Will share picture once I install it.
BKing111 likes this.

post #4 of 6 Old 10-07-2018, 04:09 PM
BKing111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbieben View Post
To me your generic bar riser modification looks down right dangerous, here in the UK if that were spotted they would seize the bike and prosecute you for having a dangerous vehicle.
Robbieben appreciate the concern sir I'll be sure to keep an eye out for the Bobbies. Oh wait I'm not in the UK under Her Majesty's rule oh well I guess Interpol will just have to put out an International warrant out for me. anyway I guess I should have clarified that it was only temporary until the eBay ones arrived and I wanted to see if they were going to make a difference before I laid out anymore $ for another pair. I did do 200 miles today with a few hi wheelie drops on them and I even made it back to the house without causing any Havoc or damage to those around me. Cheers mate, Gene
Robbieben likes this.
post #5 of 6 Old 10-07-2018, 08:06 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
I donít understand. $40 from eBay vs $90 for high quality SW-Motech.

On a $13,000 CDN bike, why skimp??
Aufgehts likes this.
post #6 of 6 Old 10-09-2018, 06:29 PM
BKing111

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18MatteBlack View Post
I donít understand. $40 from eBay vs $90 for high quality SW-Motech.

On a $13,000 CDN bike, why skimp??
Well after I made the mistake of ordering 7/8 bar risers and had to eat $14 shipping to send them back then these at $40. Which will now be backups for maybe another project. Being on a bit of a budget decided I would try the off-brand for another $40 for a total investment of $94. LOL just trying to save a little doe bro. By the way the generic ones fit just fine in fact I found them on Amazon I'm going to add a link in a new post. That's what happens when you get in a hurry and don't check out what you got to work with before you make a move. I assumed too much I assumed it was normal sized bars and that they were mounted the same way most standard bars would be lesson learned.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page