LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2018, 01:06 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Anti Stall question

Hi all. New user here.
Bought my gsxs 1000f in July 2017 and love it.
I do have an issue though and was hoping someone on here might be able to advise if poss?
The anti stall feature wonít allow me to travel lower than 10mph in 1st gear with the clutch out. This is a pain when in slow moving traffic. I asked my garage if they could adjust anything and they said itís jist how the bike works.
Iíve done a bit of digging and come across discussions on adjusting the TPS but it isnít clear if that would fix my issue.
Can anyone advise?

Thanks
Old 10-06-2018, 10:33 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 486 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmo View Post
Hi all. New user here.
Bought my gsxs 1000f in July 2017 and love it.
I do have an issue though and was hoping someone on here might be able to advise if poss?
The anti stall feature wonít allow me to travel lower than 10mph in 1st gear with the clutch out. This is a pain when in slow moving traffic. I asked my garage if they could adjust anything and they said itís jist how the bike works.
Iíve done a bit of digging and come across discussions on adjusting the TPS but it isnít clear if that would fix my issue.
Can anyone advise?

Thanks
I'm sorry I have no advise, but I'm kinda lost on the "anti-stall" feature. I can clutch out at a crawl and everything is fine. I commute a lot and hit slow moving traffic frequently, and my bike is a gem in these, less than fun, situations. But... I don't have the throttle snatch issue either (or I'm too dumb to realize). First thing I did on my demo ride was low speed parking lot drills, and it was smooth as can be, Then I took it out on the highway and, well... I was sold. It's probably the snatch issue that has plagued a lot of bikes, and I'm one of the lucky ones. You might want to search "throttle snatch" on the forum. TPS adjustment might fix it, but there are a lot of other remedies too. Read up, and good luck.
LEAVEITSTOCK likes this.
Old 10-06-2018, 11:01 PM

Quoted: 97 Post(s)
These bikes have an unusually tall 1st gear, you're not going to be able to crawl along without lugging the engine. I try to avoid situations where I'm crawling in traffic for just that reason.

Old 10-07-2018, 12:28 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldjackbob View Post
These bikes have an unusually tall 1st gear, you're not going to be able to crawl along without lugging the engine. I try to avoid situations where I'm crawling in traffic for just that reason.
Not unusually tall, unfortunately they used exactly the same gearbox as the GSXR, so its designed with close ratios more for racing than riding in towns, although the GSXS does have 2 more teeth on the rear sprocket to lower it slightly.

TPS may fix or improve it.

If you think it is the anti stall then try disconnecting the switch at the clutch lever to see if that improves it
Old 10-07-2018, 05:52 AM

Quoted: 260 Post(s)
I just live with it. If you mess with the TPS you stand a good chance of making it very snatchy
Itís not that big a deal you only have to dip the clutch and let it coast for a bit. Itís only when I canít lane split and the traffic is really slow on my commute that itís a bit of a pain but if it didnít do it you would probably only be able to slow down to 7 mph instead of 10 before you had to pull the clutch in anyway

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pull my finger
Old 10-07-2018, 06:06 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 557 Post(s)
believe i read in manual below 10 mph pull in clutch....feather clutch..its not an automatic
Kaivalagi likes this.
Old 10-07-2018, 07:36 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 290 Post(s)
I seem to have lost the anti stall feature after having the Woolich re-flash done.

Last edited by tonyt; 10-07-2018 at 08:22 PM.
Old 10-07-2018, 08:39 PM

Quoted: 261 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyt View Post
I seem to have lost the anti stall feature after having the Woolich re-flash done.
Odd, I have mine, also woolwich relished. Now I assume I still have it, because. well, ive never stalled. Not sure what an anti stall is. I just let it out and it pulls me. Lol fast or slow, it pulls me.
Old 10-07-2018, 08:49 PM

Quoted: 164 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreedomPenguin View Post
Odd, I have mine, also woolwich relished. Now I assume I still have it, because. well, ive never stalled. Not sure what an anti stall is. I just let it out and it pulls me. Lol fast or slow, it pulls me.
From clutch all the way in slowly let it out; watch and listen to the RPM, if it increases before the clutch fully engages, without you giving it gas, the anti-stall is functioning.

2016 GSXS1000FAL6
Old 10-07-2018, 09:00 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyt View Post
It appears that an option on the woolich reflash removes the anti-stall

One of the options normally ticked by a tuner is to unify the ignition maps and fuel maps so they are the same in all gears - this gives more ignition advance in the lower gears and makes it much easier to tune as you only have to change 1 ignition map and 1 fuel map, however unifying the ignition maps seems to turn off the anti-stall.
KiwiJaZ likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in