• 1 Post By PhuketPaul

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 Old 10-12-2018, 05:48 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Gear Shifter adjustment

Hi all - I have just bought my GSX S1000 and i've noticed that the gear shifter is on to much angle and its very difficult to get your foot under to change gears, you really have to force your foot on a angle down to get under the gear shifter. Does anyone know how to adjust both the gear shifter and the brake pedal ??
post #2 of 10 Old 10-12-2018, 09:45 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 486 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mars64 View Post
Hi all - I have just bought my GSX S1000 and i've noticed that the gear shifter is on to much angle and its very difficult to get your foot under to change gears, you really have to force your foot on a angle down to get under the gear shifter. Does anyone know how to adjust both the gear shifter and the brake pedal ??
Both very easy to do

Gear lever, under both lock nuts (1) (front one is a left hand thread), then turn the bar (2) until you get the correct angle, tighten lock nuts 7.5lbft

If this doesn't adjust it enough, you can remove the gear linkage from the gear selector shaft and turn it by one tooth and refit

Brake lever, again loosen the lock nut (1) and adjust the using nut 2 to get the correct height, tighten locknut 13.5lbft

Beaker, oldjackbob and lost like this.
post #3 of 10 Old 10-13-2018, 01:00 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Hi Phuket Paul - thanks very much for your detailed explanation - I've done the gear shifter, handle bars, clutch lever and brake lever. Now I know how to do the brake I'll give that a go - thanks again - regards Mars

post #4 of 10 Old 10-14-2018, 06:38 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Hi Phuket Paul - Just wondering if you know what the original suspension settings are ? I took my bike out today for my first ride and the suspension is as hard as a rock, you felt every bump. I had a look at the owners manual the the previous owner has some suspension settings written down on a piece of paper in the middle of a few pages near the suspension section of the owners manual so he has probably changed them. My mate has the same bike but a 2015 model and the suspension is great and he said he hasn't changed since he bought it new. - regards Mars
post #5 of 10 Old 10-14-2018, 07:20 AM

Garage
Quote:
Hi Phuket Paul - Just wondering if you know what the original suspension settings are ? I took my bike out today for my first ride and the suspension is as hard as a rock, you felt every bump. I had a look at the owners manual the the previous owner has some suspension settings written down on a piece of paper in the middle of a few pages near the suspension section of the owners manual so he has probably changed them. My mate has the same bike but a 2015 model and the suspension is great and he said he hasn't changed since he bought it new. - regards Mars
I would strongly suggest that you set the sag correctly first rather than setting it to the stock settings and then start with damping at stock settings

How to set sag on a GSXS here and a video on the same subject at the bottom of the post.

But stock settings are here anyway

Front
Preload - 2.5 lines showing
Compression - 8 clicks out
Rebound - 8 Clicks out

Rear
Preload - 3 steps from min. preload (F model)
- 4 steps from min. preload (naked)
Rebound - 1 turn out

F model 3 fro

Last edited by PhuketPaul; 10-14-2018 at 08:32 AM.
post #6 of 10 Old 10-14-2018, 05:11 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 289 Post(s)
Hi Paul, the video came up as "video unavailable" for me. Playing from the Info site had the same result.
Perhaps it's only a temporary youtube problem for now hopefully

Here's copied the link straight from youtube, but played direct via youtube, it play's fine

Rob

Last edited by Slower and Slower; 10-14-2018 at 05:19 PM.
post #7 of 10 Old 10-14-2018, 09:39 PM

Garage
Thanks for that Rob,

It seems to work perfectly for me - I don't know if it was a temporary problem or still ongoing?

Paul
post #8 of 10 Old 10-15-2018, 06:22 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Hi Phuket Paul - Thanks very much for your detailed responses they realy help me setting up my bike. It's great there are people like you to help out and share your knowledge. Do you live in Phuket ??
post #9 of 10 Old 10-15-2018, 08:13 AM

Garage
Quote:
Hi Phuket Paul - Thanks very much for your detailed responses they realy help me setting up my bike. It's great there are people like you to help out and share your knowledge. Do you live in Phuket ??
Hi, yes been in Phuket, Thailand for about 19 years
oldjackbob likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page