• 1 Post By LEAVEITSTOCK

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2018, 02:14 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Fueling issues addressed?

Hi all. In reading through some of these threads it is apparent that some of the bikes from the 2015 and 2016 years had fueling issues that were addressed by owners in various ways. Without getting into a debate about why Suzuki let this happen, my question is: did Suzuki address this issue in the 2017 and 2018 bikes?
Old 12-07-2018, 02:40 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 261 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiofun View Post
Hi all. In reading through some of these threads it is apparent that some of the bikes from the 2015 and 2016 years had fueling issues that were addressed by owners in various ways. Without getting into a debate about why Suzuki let this happen, my question is: did Suzuki address this issue in the 2017 and 2018 bikes?

I have an 18 model, and it wasn't absolutely awful, but it was not enjoyable. I rode this in direct comarpsion to a 13 GSXR 750. That was smooth, this was not, couldn't maintain a speed to save my life. jerky, but it may not be as bad as the 16 and 15's ? I did not ride one of those.

Probably to pass the emissions purely. Taking an old engine and getting it to pass emissions probably isn't as easy as the newly designed engines id imagine. idk though.
Old 12-07-2018, 07:43 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 371 Post(s)
Suzuki has replaced some early ECU's with newer ones under warranty. Also a "smoother throttle response" was cited in the description of the 2019 model, so Suzuki has been aware of the problem and supposedly addressed it.

Old 12-07-2018, 09:25 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 486 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapido1 View Post
Suzuki has replaced some early ECU's with newer ones under warranty. Also a "smoother throttle response" was cited in the description of the 2019 model, so Suzuki has been aware of the problem and supposedly addressed it.
The change for 2019 does not fix the fuelling but just slows the initial opening of the Throttle! (pretty much the same as a throttle tamer)

The only difference between the very early bikes and the later ECUs (i.e the ones that were exchanged under warranty and fitted to the later 2016 bikes) was between 2 and 4% extra fuel from 2000 - 3000 RPM at low throttle openings (I'll post the differences in the 2017 versions later)

Every other map in the ECUs were identical

mike d and oldjackbob like this.
Old 12-08-2018, 05:43 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 557 Post(s)
like a sugar pill...im feeling better
Jorider61 likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in