• 1 Post By Bemil

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 01-10-2019, 05:54 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
FTECU working on Decel Fuel cut

I had done a bike side FTECU flash a year and a half ago and have been pretty happy with it. When I purchased the flash and kit they said they didn't have decel fuel cut licked yet but would soon and I could just download the update. a year later I was told that it wasn't going to happen. The bike was running pretty well, so no big deal really.
Recently I decided to send my ecu into get a Woolrich flash by Dano's only to find out that Woolrich's software can't break into FTECU's software. I got the ecu back and flashed it back to stock and sent it in again. Same result! Talked to the guys at FTECU and was told that's the way it is, but, they would unlock it if I sent it back to them, but, it could take months for them to potentially get to it and that it was Woolrich's fault. I got pissed and sent an email explaining to them that one reason I went with them was because they they said this would be part of the package and that I was told that I could use other companies flashes down the road.
Honestly, I understand that alot of companies have limited resources and they do the best they can and have to make decisions based on keeping the doors open.
A couple of days ago I received an email from FTECU saying that they are looking for a local GSXS1000 to figure out how to disable the decel fuel cut.
I think I'm going to wait for them to see what happens . During my install of the flash with my bike side kit I did receive very good support and never felt talked down to even though I didn't know what I was looking at when I lifted the tank. I'll let you know what happens.
post #2 of 7 Old 01-10-2019, 06:03 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 254 Post(s)
Garage
I'm not holding my breath. I have to say that I've been pleased as punch with the software, the maps available, the hardware, the entire process, and the support. However, it has chuffed me that it seems as if the fuel cut has been in the works for a long while, more than a year, and that there is no progress on it. That was one of the future updates that they were working on that sold me on them. So far, it's taken too long as it is, and the apathy previously on it has soured the deal for me. If it comes I'll be happy, but not so sure I'd spend my money on FTECU on my next bike if it doesn't. Of course, that won't matter to them because I love my GSX-S so much I'll have it for a long time, but still.

It's sad that one failed promise can sour an otherwise pleasurable transaction. If it comes I'll be happy. Wish I was closer or I'd drop mine off tomorrow.

My Blog
Current Bikes:2007 Yamaha FJR1300AE | 2016 Suzuki GSX-S1000 | 1998 KTM 250 EXC | 2001 Suzuki DRZ-400E
post #3 of 7 Old 01-10-2019, 08:57 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 487 Post(s)
Garage
I had the FTECU flash kit well over 2 years ago and when i bought it they promised fuel cut and autotune would be coming soon.

After a year of waiting i sold the flashed ECU, bought a used ECU from a crashed and parted out bike and got the woolich kit, much better in my opinion.

The flashing hardware is much more reliable with Woolich too

post #4 of 7 Old 02-07-2019, 08:20 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
For everybody's info:
Just got my ecu back from ftecu and reinstalled it.
Lucked out with a couple of days above freezing and was able to get a couple hours of riding in. FTECU did solve the decel fuel cut issue and it definitley made a difference. Very smooth throttle, no snatchy throttle and the big one for me, no bucking over bumps. I can't find anything that I would like to change. I'm very glad I didn't get rid of it. I'm very pleased with the result.
LEAVEITSTOCK likes this.
post #5 of 7 Old 03-22-2019, 01:13 PM

Garage
Somehow I missed this update. I just downloaded the latest version and there's a new option for "Disable Injector Decel Cut" under "ECU Settings."

I see some back to back rides coming up for me. Time to dig out the laptop.

My Blog
Current Bikes:2007 Yamaha FJR1300AE | 2016 Suzuki GSX-S1000 | 1998 KTM 250 EXC | 2001 Suzuki DRZ-400E
post #6 of 7 Old 04-02-2019, 07:04 PM

Garage
Been on call, then crappy weather returned, and forgot all about this. Today it was 69F and I rode to the pharmacy to pick up my wife's medication and was reminded on the way that I still needed to do this. Came home, plugged it up and ran it. I'm very happy now, was about 95% fixed on the snatch, now it's all the way.

My Blog
post #7 of 7 Old 04-03-2019, 09:45 AM

Quoted: 150 Post(s)
I had them re-flash mine with a modified setup last year first of summer only 2 months after getting the first mail in flash done. I was not happy with the first flash they did and called them out on it as bad. I don't think they had the fuel cut then. Hard to tell my bike sounds like it has fuel cut now when I chop the throttle it sounds evil out the full M4 pipe with no baffle but no jerk when I roll back on the throttle usually a crackle/pop though lol It is still a little jerky at parking lot speeds on certain weather days. Other than that it literally hauls butt on this map. Fuel mileage is crap at low to mid 30s. I can get 37-39 mpg riding very very slow.

I wonder if I should call them back and further investigate this? They have always been cooperative in helping me out on this way after the initial sale.

2016 GSX-S1000

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page